Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Father James Martin catechises the Irish bishops on Fiducia Supplicans and in a tweet 'normalises' gay marriage. And the Pope's response to the latest dubia has already paved the way.

There was never any real doubt that the blessings authorised by Fiducia supplicans (FS) were only the start of a journey. And Jesuit Father James Martin's pioneering new findings confirm this. The pursued ambiguity of the document and the subsequent 'clarifications' is the litmus test of its deliberately provisional nature, especially when it is signed by a pope who has summed up the strategy of his pontificate in two principles: the initiation of processes and the superiority of time over space.

It was Francis himself, in his reply to the second dubium of the five cardinals (25 September 2023), who had initiated the process of blessings to 'irregular' and same-sex couples, baptising the principle that the indispensable point would simply be to maintain the distinction between nuptial blessings and 'other' blessings. A principle that just three months later would be the basis of the Declaration of the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith, which - it should be remembered - contemplates precisely "the possibility of blessing couples in irregular situations and same-sex couples".

All the subsequent tangles and clumsy declarations that have led to talk of blessings not of couples, but of people in couples, or of blessings of couples, but not of unions, are all part of an apparent necessary retreat from the open field in order to hold the trenches, a retreat made necessary by the massive opposition involving an entire continent, numerous episcopal conferences, individual bishops and a great many faithful. A tide of Catholics, although the Pope has tried to throw dust in everyone’s eyes, first by derubricating the massive African opposition to a cultural issue and then, in an interview with an Italian newspaper, by speaking of "little groups" manifesting "schismatic reflections".

Back to Fr. Martin. The Canadian website Lifesitenews, reported that the Jesuit had been invited to speak at the Marian shrine of Knock, on the occasion of the annual meeting of the Irish Bishops' Conference. Two days in which Martin himself reportedly spoke about 'those in the margins' and the Church's 'ministry to LGBTQ people'. An Irish source on the Canadian website confided that the bishops would also put on the table ways to apply FS and to try to achieve gay marriage.
Fr. Martin would thus be the Vatican pathfinder to try to get FS out of the trench it has been forced into in recent weeks, according to the well-known maxim that attack is the the best form of defence. At the same time, the Jesuit shows the rearguards what the real goal is for which FS was born: gay marriage and the blessing of sodomy.

The intervention in Ireland parallels another performance by Martin a few days ago (see here). The controversial priest, always ready to comment on Twitter on whatever is useful to push Catholics towards political correctness - that is, how to put one foot and four toes in Hell without overdoing it -, had thought it best not to miss the news of the male companion of the US Secretary of Transportation, Pete Buttigieg. Who had made it known that he was travelling at US expense with a dependent husband. On 22 January, Jesuit tweeted: 'Surprising that the news has received so much attention. Like it or not, Pete Buttigieg is legally married. You may not agree with same-sex marriage (or not). But @SecretaryPete is just as married in the eyes of the state and his church as anyone else is. To claim otherwise is to ignore reality'.

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Father James Martin catechises the Irish bishops on Fiducia Supplicans and in a tweet 'normalises' gay marriage. And the Pope's response to the latest dubia has already paved the way.
This ^^^^^ is the problem.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

There was never any real doubt that the blessings authorised by Fiducia supplicans (FS) were only the start of a journey. And Jesuit Father James Martin's pioneering new findings confirm this. The pursued ambiguity of the document and the subsequent 'clarifications' is the litmus test of its deliberately provisional nature, especially when it is signed by a pope who has summed up the strategy of his pontificate in two principles: the initiation of processes and the superiority of time over space.

It was Francis himself, in his reply to the second dubium of the five cardinals (25 September 2023), who had initiated the process of blessings to 'irregular' and same-sex couples, baptising the principle that the indispensable point would simply be to maintain the distinction between nuptial blessings and 'other' blessings. A principle that just three months later would be the basis of the Declaration of the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith, which - it should be remembered - contemplates precisely "the possibility of blessing couples in irregular situations and same-sex couples".

All the subsequent tangles and clumsy declarations that have led to talk of blessings not of couples, but of people in couples, or of blessings of couples, but not of unions, are all part of an apparent necessary retreat from the open field in order to hold the trenches, a retreat made necessary by the massive opposition involving an entire continent, numerous episcopal conferences, individual bishops and a great many faithful. A tide of Catholics, although the Pope has tried to throw dust in everyone’s eyes, first by derubricating the massive African opposition to a cultural issue and then, in an interview with an Italian newspaper, by speaking of "little groups" manifesting "schismatic reflections".

Back to Fr. Martin. The Canadian website Lifesitenews, reported that the Jesuit had been invited to speak at the Marian shrine of Knock, on the occasion of the annual meeting of the Irish Bishops' Conference. Two days in which Martin himself reportedly spoke about 'those in the margins' and the Church's 'ministry to LGBTQ people'. An Irish source on the Canadian website confided that the bishops would also put on the table ways to apply FS and to try to achieve gay marriage.
Fr. Martin would thus be the Vatican pathfinder to try to get FS out of the trench it has been forced into in recent weeks, according to the well-known maxim that attack is the the best form of defense. At the same time, the Jesuit shows the rearguards what the real goal is for which FS was born: gay marriage and the blessing of sodomy.

The intervention in Ireland parallels another performance by Martin a few days ago (see here). The controversial priest, always ready to comment on Twitter on whatever is useful to push Catholics towards political correctness - that is, how to put one foot and four toes in Hell without overdoing it -, had thought it best not to miss the news of the male companion of the US Secretary of Transportation, Pete Buttigieg. Who had made it known that he was travelling at US expense with a dependent husband. On 22 January, Jesuit tweeted: 'Surprising that the news has received so much attention. Like it or not, Pete Buttigieg is legally married. You may not agree with same-sex marriage (or not). But @SecretaryPete is just as married in the eyes of the state and his church as anyone else is. To claim otherwise is to ignore reality'.

Continued below.
James Martin has not been censured. Far from it. There is no evidence of any disfavor from the Vatican even after his blessing of a homosexual couple with a NYT photographer in tow. He is a consulting member in good standing of the Dicastery for Communication at the Vatican, appointed by pope Francis. He was a Vatican invited participant at the recent Synod on Synodality in Rome and appears to be slated to go to the follow-up Synod on Synodality II in 2024.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟18,064.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've been searching all over to see if the Irish Bishops were 'lectured' by that man, on how to implement fs but the only source is lifesite. I can't find any mention or note of the Bishops meeting in Knock, so for now, i have to say that there is no substantial evidence that it actually happened.
I hope i'm not proven wrong.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been searching all over to see if the Irish Bishops were 'lectured' by that man, on how to implement fs but the only source is lifesite. I can't find any mention or note of the Bishops meeting in Knock, so for now, i have to say that there is no substantial evidence that it actually happened.
James Martin, SJ

... Shrine in Knock. On the first day, we discussed Jesus's outreach to those on the margins; on the second day, we ...

A few more photos from the Knock Shrine in County Mayo in Ireland. (And for those ...

Photo by James Martin SJ on February 04, 2024.

Reactions: Solo81
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Though the picture is am old one from 2018 the text corroborates that James Martin met with the Irish bishops at Knock last week. The whole Irish bishop's conference. Closed doors. He said "While he would not divulge what was said at the meeting, this confidentiality had allowed the Irish bishops to speak freely, he said he felt welcomed and listened to by all of the bishops." No word on whether the bishops were 'lectured' but maybe an alignment of purpose.

The Irish Catholic Church is crashing and burning in real time and they invited James Martin.

Sorry. I wish I could have helped you call the whole thing fake news. But it happened.

The Tablet is on the far other end of the spectrum from LifeSiteNews.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
James Martin, SJ

... Shrine in Knock. On the first day, we discussed Jesus's outreach to those on the margins; on the second day, we ...

A few more photos from the Knock Shrine in County Mayo in Ireland. (And for those ...

He brought an entourage with him from the USA. No details on what they did there, but he came with 'people'.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:crossrc:

I urge many to pray The Chaplet of the Precious Blood. It is a great and powerful prayer because it mentions specifically evil and agents of evil attacking the Church.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Though the picture is am old one from 2018 the text corroborates that James Martin met with the Irish bishops at Knock last week. The whole Irish bishop's conference. Closed doors. He said "While he would not divulge what was said at the meeting, this confidentiality had allowed the Irish bishops to speak freely, he said he felt welcomed and listened to by all of the bishops." No word on whether the bishops were 'lectured' but maybe an alignment of purpose.

The Irish Catholic Church is crashing and burning in real time and they invited James Martin.

Sorry. I wish I could have helped you call the whole thing fake news. But it happened.

The Tablet is on the far other end of the spectrum from LifeSiteNews.
Prayers for the Irish Church. God will have the final say.

God save Ireland.

• Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟18,064.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
James Martin, SJ

Oh....
So he did address them - by invite...
Thank you for the confirmation. Lifesite could have referenced his tweet rather than just citing an unnamed source

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Man. If that's a "unifying document", I'd sure hate to see a divisive one. :(
Only in MartinThink. Only in MartinThink.

When you have in the ballpark of a thousand bishops who have already said no, it's not unifying. When you have thousands of bishops that are too scared to say no because they might be Stricklandized it's not unifying. When you have hundreds of bishops who in their confusion say it only allows blessing individuals it's not unifying. When you have tens of bishops who are happy to provide fake nuptual blessings it is subversively not unifying. FS is shredding the unity of the Church. People have already left the Church because of this. The pope, who is supposed to be the guarantor of unity in the Church, has forgotten his duty.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
He cares about uniting those he is interested in uniting. As far as a lot of faithful Catholics, not so much.
we are all hypocrites and indietrists and don't count as unifiable people. Same for all of those bishops who have said no. Well, some of them are Africans who are just invincibly ignorant and can be excused for the time being.

Upvote 0