Trash trucks literally surrounding Madison Square park to protect Trump from booing

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trash trucks literally surrounding Madison Square park to protect Trump from booing - Democratic Underground
7gZfzsL_lLnVDS5b

tulc(thinks that seems...appropriate) :)

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Usually it’s cargo containers. Its for security. Remember having to give up trucks to haul the Sealand sized containers to the parade field for Obama”s visit. Had to do it for Biden’s visit too.

Has nothing to do with booing. MSG has an underground entrance VIPs use. Keeping the protesters away from MSG entrance? Sure the POTUS is there.

• Informative
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Usually it’s cargo containers. Its for security. Remember having to give up trucks to haul the Sealand sized containers to the parade field for Obama”s visit. Had to do it for Biden’s visit too.
When President Obama would visit Chicago, his helicopters (there were always several) would all be in that park across from the Field Museum, and the whole area would be surrounded by (I'm assuming) Secret Service and Chicago police every 5 feet. Not a pleasant job if it was in winter. :eek:

Has nothing to do with booing.
Probably, but that's just a side benefit as far as he's concerned. :)

MSG has an underground entrance VIPs use. Keeping the protesters away from MSG entrance? Sure the POTUS is there.
Interesting...one more reason I love hanging out on CF, I learn all sorts of cool things! :oldthumbsup:
tulc(thanks redleghunter!) :wave:

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the trucks are there to prevent booing, only to secure the area.
Seems reasonable.

But I wonder if Trump will ever again attend any large scale public sports like baseball or football, because of the predictable likelihood he will be booed loudly by thousands, even tens of thousands of average citizens.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Seems reasonable.

But I wonder if Trump will ever again attend any large scale public sports like baseball or football, because of the predictable likelihood he will be booed loudly by thousands, even tens of thousands of average citizens.
Sensible.

Upvote 0