✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
CERTAINLY!

And the obligation in question includes, among other things, mutual transparency

I wouldn't expect you to accept and reciprocate my affections while I am harming you just because I repeat a "just trust me - it's for your own good" mantra

If you were in a car accident no fault of your own and your leg had to be cut off ASAP to live, would you blame the rescuer for harming you even more?

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
PS
I thought God had already made us in His image?

Is God really so weak and ineffectual, in your view, that He is incapable of effectively communicating to us that His every action is for our own good even when it appears that He is needlessly harming us??

That was Adam, modern man from Seth

Upvote 0

Treeplanter

Jun 9, 2021
Southwest Florida
✟15,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If you were in a car accident no fault of your own and your leg had to be cut off ASAP to live, would you blame the rescuer for harming you even more?
No, of course not!

Sometimes, a human doctor has no other choice except to cut off a leg in order to save a life

God, on the other hand, ALWAYS has choice
God is NEVER forced to cut off someone's leg in order to his/her life

This is the difference between NEEDED and NEEDLESS!!!

Human beings sometimes NEED to harm each other in order to achieve a greater good
God NEVER NEEDS to harm us in order to achieve a greater good
When God chooses to harm us it is always, by definition, NEEDLESS

And again, to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon a human being is evil and immoral

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes!

If God wants to be trusted then it is incumbent upon Himself to demonstrate Himself trustworthy

Thus far, He has not...

PS
I thought God had already made us in His image?

Is God really so weak and ineffectual, in your view, that He is incapable of effectively communicating to us that His every action is for our own good even when it appears that He is needlessly harming us??
Don't be talking about my view when you have zero idea of what it is. Heck you can't even understand what I'm saying let alone my view of God.

You want God to make you god so you can understand... or, more realisticly, make Him a villain so you can remain God yourself.

Here's the sad part. There actually is a way to understand - maybe not fully but at least enough - but you know what that requires? The same as anything else like this... talking to Him and listening to Him about it... did you start this thread willing to give that a try?

Upvote 0

Treeplanter

Jun 9, 2021
Southwest Florida
✟15,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, of course not!

Sometimes, a human doctor has no other choice except to cut off a leg in order to save a life

Human beings sometimes NEED to harm each other in order to achieve a greater good

And again, to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon a human being is evil and immoral

Upvote 0

Treeplanter

Jun 9, 2021
Southwest Florida
✟15,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Don't be talking about my view when you have zero idea of what it is. Heck you can't even understand what I'm saying let alone my view of God.

You want God to make you god so you can understand... or, more realisticly, make Him a villain so you can remain God yourself.

Here's the sad part. There actually is a way to understand - maybe not fully but at least enough - but you know what that requires? The same as anything else like this... talking to Him and listening to Him about it... did you start this thread willing to give that a try?
You are a Christian, no?

I know EXACTLY what your view is, friend:
Trust in Jesus Christ

Unfortunately, this is not enough for me - not even close!

If God wants my devotion then He is going to have to explain His actions - the same actions that, per the basic human standard, paint Him as immoral

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, of course not!

And the flood wasn’t needless, not a singe thing in the whole universe is needless but get to close to the sun destroy the planet its gone. what to do with the ever roaming evil is mysterious yet it will not one day

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are a Christian, no?

I know EXACTLY what your view is, friend:
Trust in Jesus Christ

Unfortunately, this is not enough for me - not even close!

If God wants my devotion then He is going to have to explain His actions - the same actions that, per the basic human standard, paint Him as immoral
Wow, I'm sorry but how petty is that? "You're a Christian?" I know your view on God in 4 words. If that's how you think of others, Christian or otherwise, why should anyone here waste their time talking to you?

You say you want transparency? How does a married couple or anyone achieve that? Spoiler alert. By talking and listening to one another. Especially when it's hard... Forget devotion. You say you want transparency, but you refuse to sit at the table and listen, cause you've already decided on the answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So the one being who was made in the image of God is the same person who screwed it up for the entire human race?

What does this say about God?

Some what Cain the murder mostly , basically man started killing man, they All hungered for death

Upvote 0

Treeplanter

Jun 9, 2021
Southwest Florida
✟15,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And the flood wasn’t needless, not a singe thing in the whole universe is needless but get to close to the sun destroy the planet its gone. what to do with the ever roaming evil is mysterious yet it will not one day
So God was forced to drown babies in the Flood?
God couldn't have saved and resurrected those babies by any means other than drowning?

Pardon my saying so, but by your own assertion - God is weak and pathetic

If God couldn't have saved and resurrected babies by means other than drowning then He is, by definition, a weak and pathetic god

If, on the other hand, God could have saved and resurrected babies by means other than drowning and chose to drown them anyway then God is cruel and malicious

Which is it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Treeplanter

Jun 9, 2021
Southwest Florida
✟15,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hitler was training kids, who knows the evil that larked in those times, babies being eaten sacrificed or even worse probably a drowning could of been better than the latter.
You're trying to justify the terror and pain of drowning babies when God could have simply snapped His fingers and transported those babies into Heaven WITHOUT subjecting them to terror and pain

Do you hear yourself???

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So God was forced to drown babies in the Flood?
God couldn't have saved and resurrected those babies by any means other than drowning?

Pardon my saying so, but by your own assertion - God is weak and pathetic

If God couldn't have saved and resurrected babies by means other than drowning then He is, by definition, a weak and pathetic god

If, on the other hand, God could have saved and resurrected babies by means other than drowning and chose to drown them anyway then God is cruel and malicious

Which is it?

Who says He didn’t, the Bible doesn’t speak on it.

Upvote 0

Treeplanter

Jun 9, 2021
Southwest Florida
✟15,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Wow, I'm sorry but how petty is that? "You're a Christian?" I know your view on God in 4 words. If that's how you think of others, Christian or otherwise, why should anyone here waste their time talking to you?

You say you want transparency? How does a married couple or anyone achieve that? Spoiler alert. By talking and listening to one another. Especially when it's hard... Forget devotion. You say you want transparency, but you refuse to sit at the table and listen, cause you've already decided on the answer.
You don't trust in Christ?

Tell me right now that you do not trust in Christ and I will apologize for having the temerity to claim that I understand your views

Short of that, my claim stands

Married couples communicate - at least, they should
There is no communication where God and believer is concerned

Have you never heard of faith?

Upvote 0

Treeplanter

Jun 9, 2021
Southwest Florida
✟15,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Man is very capable of sick things, to say it was evil to drown and man not knowing what the babies where up against hmm
God could have transported babies to Heaven painlessly - instead, He chose to harm them in the process

This was needless

To consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm is immoral

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're trying to justify the terror and pain of drowning babies when God could have simply snapped His fingers and transported those babies into Heaven WITHOUT subjecting them to terror and pain

Do you hear yourself???

Exactly do you hear yourself, you don’t believe it’s possible He did transport without any harming, like walking through fire

Upvote 0