Visit site
✟11,709.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Actually, an FTM can urinate standing up without changing his "plumbing". The easy way is to use a device like this: http://www.travelmateinfo.com/page002.html

Some have also figured out a way to do it without the use of a device, by placing the fingers to direct teh stream and controlling the muscles to start and stop the stream of urine while the pressure is built up enough to project it.

Bet many of you could've lived without knowing that.

Upvote 0

HeavenzAngel

Far Away
Sep 30, 2006
✟2,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To all you people who are whining about letting someone (Oh NOOOSSS! TRANSEXUALS! GOD FORBID TEH EVIL)) use the restroom they feel comfortable in...

GET OVER IT. Honestly what do you care where someone uses the facilites. Are you looking? What do you care if someone wants to reassign their gender? Its not your "bits" so to speak being altered. Let people be who they are. If a guy or girl feels they are born the wrong gender and want to correct that its their business. What I want to know is what took the MTA so long (or other places) to do this?

Don't make comments about this as you have no vague idea about it. One-line statements dont count as arguements.

yes, forbid someone not be perfect or different. I don't care who uses the public restrooms aslong as they clean up after themselves. 0___0, I can't stand dirty restrooms.

Upvote 0

HeavenzAngel

Far Away
Sep 30, 2006
✟2,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then go to the bathroom in some place where there aren't going to be other people around! Nobody wants to go to the bathroom with a member of the opposite sex in the room! :sick:

They aren't the opposite sex, really, they just got different sex organs. You probley wouldn't even know the person is a transexual. they aren't some diease that will give you an STD. They are a person just like you.

Upvote 0

Argent

Sep 29, 2005
New York, NY
✟10,621.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you regularly expose your penis in full view of other men when you're at a urinal? Or do you, like most of us, generally keep things as unobtrusive as possible? Why would it be any different if women were allowed in. Are you being immodest when you use the urinal in front of a gay man? Urinating need not be sexual, so I don't see how it relates to sexual immodesty.

When I was in university and staying in residence, the washrooms for the floor were entirely unisex. And while at the beginning there were some hesitant bladders because it was not the normal arrangement people were used to, everybody got used to it and there were no issues whatsoever. I held many a conversation with my female floormates while at the urinal.
Typical liberal intolerance of a conservative personal issue. As if everyone should live the way a liberal lives, and have the same point of view as a liberal, and if one disagrees with a liberal then one is wrong. What hypocracy.

Upvote 0

Argent

Sep 29, 2005
New York, NY
✟10,621.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just because someone is or was born female doesn't mean necessarily they have any interest in the male physique.

But, as bathrooms aren't segregated according to orientation, men share restroom facilities with gay and bisexual men on a regular basis.. men (though they may not experience any attraction to you personally) who are attracted to other men.

Transgendered individuals can belong to any orientation, so they may or may not even be interested in men.

If you're going by the 'sexual modesty' argument, why is it acceptable for a gay man to use the men's room, and not a FtM.. especially if he's attracted to women and not men?
See post #46

Upvote 0

Argent

Sep 29, 2005
New York, NY
✟10,621.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just because someone is or was born female doesn't mean necessarily they have any interest in the male physique.

But, as bathrooms aren't segregated according to orientation, men share restroom facilities with gay and bisexual men on a regular basis.. men (though they may not experience any attraction to you personally) who are attracted to other men.

Transgendered individuals can belong to any orientation, so they may or may not even be interested in men.

If you're going by the 'sexual modesty' argument, why is it acceptable for a gay man to use the men's room, and not a FtM.. especially if he's attracted to women and not men?
BTW, because we haven't yet found a way to segregate restrooms for hetrosexuals and homosexuals is the reason they have a "security guard" posted next to the line of urinals in the men's restroom of Grand Central Terminal. (Yes, it's true.) If homosexual men would control themselves in public restrooms, such a measure would not be necessary.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW, because we haven't yet found a way to segregate restrooms for hetrosexuals and homosexuals is the reason they have a "security guard" posted next to the line of urinals in the men's restroom of Grand Central Terminal. (Yes, it's true.) If homosexual men would control themselves in public restrooms, such a measure would not be necessary.

Please post proof that is why a security guard is posted there.

Upvote 0

Argent

Sep 29, 2005
New York, NY
✟10,621.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please post proof that is why a security guard is posted there.
What do you want me to do, go in and start taking pictures?:doh:

Which is actually quite unnecessary now. Why don't you just pretend you are transgendered and go in yourself?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What do you want me to do, go in and start taking pictures?:doh:

Which is actually quite unnecessary now. Why don't you just pretend you are transgendered and go in yourself?

I just might do that since I walk through their everyday. :)

Upvote 0

christalee4

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
✟5,083.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not sure what to do with you, since I do not think there should be such a thing as gender reassignment.

I'd like to venture to ask in the spirit of the OP, where do humans fit into the religious moral spectrum, if they were born of "mixed" gender, so to speak? There are situations in which girls are born with male properties, and men are born with female properties, due to chromosomal and hormonal affects.

http://www.gender.org.uk/about/04embryo/43_herm.htm

http://www.medhelp.org/ais/24_RELATED.HTM

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001669.htm

How do these "intersex" individuals socialize, meet and marry people and be able to live fulfilled lives, in the eyes of conservative religionists? Must they "choose" a sex, and once they do, can they be permitted to lead fulfilled lives in the midst of their transition? Or are they to be cast aside socially, because they are "abnormal".

Upvote 0

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Great ruling. This should help the problem of women with male bits getting assaulted and/or raped in men's bathrooms. I have no problem whatsoever with men being in the women's restroom, so the idea of prohibiting women from using the women's restroom just seems rediculous.

Upvote 0
People should spend a month in the minds of the people they hate the most, they will not judge anymore.
"If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us." -Herman Hesse

Just a thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mpshiel

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2003
I've been told "Sodom" so I guess that's close eno
Visit site
✟11,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem isn't with transgendered individuals, it is with the general society. In cases like these bathrooms are more about gender norms and enforcing them than about really worrying about who is in the stall three doors down.

For butch or masculine looking women, having security called on them is not an uncommon experience, nor is being treated like some sort of freak or social disease - and these, even for conservative Christians, are XX women - still finding themselves viewed as a threat because they don't fit into the molds society wants for them.

What this is really all about is "not in our space" in the same way in the 80's guys wanted gay men screened out of public toilets (since you can get AIDS from toilet seats you know!). The fact is, that there are probably a couple thousand transgendered individuals who have already used the restrooms and yes, maybe SAT RIGHT NEXT TO YOU (evangelicals are free to enter therapy now) - but since they didn't fall outside the expected gender norms, no one cared. What this ruling has done is ensured that people who do not fit the expected norms can use the appropriate restroom.

As for the nay-sayers - what exactly do you do in a public restroom? I tend, like most people, to shun them if at all possible. Public restrooms are there, not as some form of entitlements or privilage but as an acknowledgement that we are humans beings who can only hold 1.5 liters of liquids; who have biological processes that cannot be denied. Quite honestly, what is formost on my mind in a toilet stall: "ahhhhhh...much better" NOT "geee, I wonder if everyone in here has the same exact genitalia as me" (and if that what you think about A LOT, then I don't think your problem is public restrooms and who might use them).

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Quite honestly, what is formost on my mind in a toilet stall: "ahhhhhh...much better" NOT "geee, I wonder if everyone in here has the same exact genitalia as me" (and if that what you think about A LOT, then I don't think your problem is public restrooms and who might use them).

As a Mom and public place germaphobe my first thought is "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!!" ;) THEN "ahhhhhh...much better"

True story...I was at breakfast with friends and my girlfriend went to the ladies room, my son who was about 3 or 4 at the time had to go also, so she took him. Well they got in there and he commenced to telling her at the top of his lungs, "My Mommmy says I can't touch anything!" A good son! ^_^

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Typical liberal intolerance of a conservative personal issue. As if everyone should live the way a liberal lives, and have the same point of view as a liberal, and if one disagrees with a liberal then one is wrong. What hypocracy.
Except that when people tolerate ts people no one gets hurt. When ts people have to use the wrong restroom there is almost always a big problem. If I walked into the boys room here, I would prolly be beaten.

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Check into a psych hospital.
Except for the fact that every study done my shrinks (you know the very same people who run the hospitals you would have me check into?) shows that transitioning helps in 99% of the cases. In fact, I have a study right here in front of me I have to write a summery for class stating that in 99% of the cases transition helps the person socially, emotionally, and mentally.

I'd link but I don't think I can since I had to log into my school website, though I can cite it.

The transsexual: What about the future. Michel, Aude; Ansseau, M.; Legros, J. J.; European Psychiatry, Vol 17(6), Oct 2002. pp. 353-362.

So pretty much any hospital I check into will prolly have something to say about the fact that I'm bi-polar, but wouldn't have anything to say about the fact that I'm transsexual.

Reactions: praying
Upvote 0

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I find it amazing when liberals are called intolerant for reasons like this:

Gee...let's let people use the restrooms that they want to.

No! People should only be allowed to use public facilities if I approve of them. I should be allowed to arbitrate who uses which public resources, and I disapprove of this decision. It should be revoked.

People don't need to pass your approval to be allowed to go about their lives.

Typical intolerance. Liberals say they're tolerant of others, but look at this! You're not tolerating me!

Upvote 0