Private
✟69,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've tried, but found nothing substantive in most of them.
Then, pray tell, why do keep responding to my posts?
We agree so far, I think, that the diagnosis and medical treatment of actual gender dimorphism ...
Whatever is "gender dimorphism"? Sounds like something you just made up, is that right? Sounds like nonsense.
I don't see what else you would fear ...
One does not fear nonsense.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Whatever is "gender dimorphism"? Sounds like something you just made up, is that right? Sounds like nonsense.
A form of gender nonconformity which is a recognized medical condition for which transformative surgery is sometimes prescribed.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The LGBT movement is an inevitable result of the post-modernism movement that started decades ago. In short, it's a battle against objective reality which Christians should recognize as the Bible and subjective reality which is loosely determined by individuals' feelings and preferences. Will Christians cave in to the pressure now as before, thus compromising the very foundation of truth? Or will we fight this cultural trend, understanding its significance.

For me, I'll do what Lot did when he was in the United States Sodom.

2 Peter 2:8 ( For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds; )

• Winner
Reactions: DJWhalen

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I didn't say it was discovered, I just speculated that gender nonconformity might be, in principle, discovered by archaeology.

In fact, I believe there have been such discoveries--identifying women soldiers, for instance. So what?
Then why did you bring it up? A theory is worthless if you don't have any evidence for it. You don't so it's a worthless theory and not worth discussing.

What is worth discussing is what is going on right now and how best to deal with it. I don't think it can be denied that there are gender dysphoric people. Just like there are bi-polar people. It's a mental health issue for the true dysphoric. However as we have seen that there is not really an explosion of true dysphorics. There has been an explosion of people claiming to be trans.

Reactions: o_mlly
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Getting back to the OP--

I'm not a believer in any religious faith. But I don't see that gender affirmation therapy poses any threat to all Christians. I know that in the OT, homosexual behavior is a capital offense. Fortunately,that's an ancient relic, no longer practiced in modern society. AFAIK, there is nothing in the OT or NT explicitly stating that gender affirmation treatment is in any way taboo, or sinful. And assuming no other factors existed--the PA shouldn't have lost her job for just observing her beliefs. Modern Christianity is highly diversified. I'm sure there are Christian believers, employed in the medical field, who have no problem working with gender dysphoria patients.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A form of gender nonconformity which is a recognized medical condition for which transformative surgery is sometimes prescribed.
Psychobabble? Do you have a DSM code for "gender dimorphism"?

Transformative surgery? You mean, like a lobotomy? Fixing mental illnesses with surgery has not fared well historically.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Then why did you bring it up? A theory is worthless if you don't have any evidence for it. You don't so it's a worthless theory and not worth discussing.
It was in response to a specific question as to whether it would be possible to find evidence of trans in paleolithic times. But yes, there is evidence of trans throughout human history.
What is worth discussing is what is going on right now and how best to deal with it. I don't think it can be denied that there are gender dysphoric people. Just like there are bi-polar people. It's a mental health issue for the true dysphoric. However as we have seen that there is not really an explosion of true dysphorics. There has been an explosion of people claiming to be trans.
And some of them aren't really trans--that's why gender affirming care is necessary, to sort them out. The whole idea is to reduce the distress of the gender non-conforming, whether they are trans, dimorphic or just non-conforming for some other reason.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a believer in any religious faith. But I don't see that gender affirmation therapy poses any threat to all Christians.
Therapy? No, problem. Invasive surgery on children? Yes, problem.
There has been an explosion of people claiming to be trans.
Odd that that explosion correlates well with the explosion of children's use of social media.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Psychobabble? Do you have a DSM code for "gender dimorphism"?

Transformative surgery? You mean, like a lobotomy? Fixing mental illnesses with surgery has not fared well historically.
You won't get an argument from me. I have no brief to defend the present treatment of gender dimorphism,

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Transgenderism is just the latest cultural wedge the media and politicians are using to drive engagement with their platforms. The more we’re all preoccupied with something that concerns 1% of the population, the less likely we are to recognize how much we all really have in common. The more divided we are, the less likely we are to push for fundamental change.

Exactly right.

I find this kind of stuff to be nonsensical and mad. There is no persecution of Christians to any significant degree in the US, and the whole narrative being promoted by some right-wing "Christian" nationalists is false, shameful and dishonorable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Still, this is a Christian forum, so it behooves us to pay attention to the Christian point of view.

There isn't a singular Christian point of view on this subject.

Everyone is welcome at our church, including trans people. We do not support discrimination against anyone, and are opposed to the denial of anyone's civil rights based on perceived sexuality or gender identity.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Exactly right.

I find this kind of stuff to be nonsensical and mad. There is no persecution of Christians to any significant degree in the US, and the whole narrative being promoted by some right-wing "Christian" nationalists is false, shameful and dishonorable.
There isn't a singular Christian point of view on this subject.

Everyone is welcome at our church, including trans people. We do not support discrimination against anyone, and are opposed to the denial of anyone's civil rights based on perceived sexuality or gender identity.

What if our church refused to marry transgenders from your church?

Upvote 0

epostle

Oct 29, 2019
Hamilton
✟26,515.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
In addition, virtually every study concludes that trans people suffer from high rates of depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation and suicide, making it plain that this is a mentally challenged population. How much this contributes to their propensity for violence is not known.

We know one thing for sure: It is not white, heterosexual Christian men who are roaming the streets looking for trans people to beat up—it is trans people who are committing the lion’s share of the violence. That’s the dirty little secret that the AOC’s on the left don’t want you to know.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If they would leave our children alone then we would leave them alone to "work out their own salvation with fear and trembling
It seems that 'won't someone please think of the children' is not all you are worried about.
...radical liberals, who among other institutions, have taken over academia, strive to ensure that the traditional constraints on deviant sexual behavior of any sort be eliminated.
Seems that you also want the 'constraints on deviant sexual behavior of any sort' to be maintained. So please, don't give us any dross about it all being about the children. It's a genuine concern for some who think it's all part of a grand scheme by liberals to wreck society, but don't think for one moment that we believe that your sole concern is kids. That's just a button that some like to push to blow smoke, so their position on 'deviant sexual behaviour' is hopefully overlooked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Therapy? No, problem. Invasive surgery on children? Yes, problem.

Odd that that explosion correlates well with the explosion of children's use of social media.

How does this specifically threaten Christians? It's still the parents' prerogative to consent to medical treatment for a minor.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In addition, virtually every study concludes that trans people suffer from high rates of depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation and suicide, making it plain that this is a mentally challenged population. How much this contributes to their propensity for violence is not known.

We know one thing for sure: It is not white, heterosexual Christian men who are roaming the streets looking for trans people to beat up—it is trans people who are committing the lion’s share of the violence. That’s the dirty little secret that the AOC’s on the left don’t want you to know.

There was nothing in that article that said that transgender people are the ones committing the violence. In fact, it emphasised that they were the victims. One of the studies it quoted said this:

'...qualitative evidence with transgender individuals finds that abusers may control their partner's actions or blackmail them into unwanted sex by threatening to “out” them as transgender to their family, their coworkers, or simply to passers-by when out in public (Guadalupe-Diaz, 2013). Knowing that this type of victimization can lead to loss of social support or employment, as well as threats to physical safety (Hughto et al., 2015), transgender individuals may be forced to comply with an abuser's wishes. Abusers may also undermine the partner's sense of self-worth and confidence by critiquing their every action as not the way a “real” man or woman would behave or act. These trans-specific tactics have been linked to increased mental health burden for survivors (Peitzmeier et al., 2019).' https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0277953621008273#:~:text=Transgender people are at elevated,intimate partner violence (IPV).&text=IPV can take on trans,threatening to out a partner.&text=We developed an 8-item,IPV (T-IPV).&text=Our scale shows strong reliability and construct validity.

The writer of the piece fallaciously assumes that a transgender woman is living with another transgender person. That is the exception to the rule. From here: Gender diversity status of spouse or partner of transgender persons in couples, Canada, 2021

Transgender women in couples63.0
With a cisgender man53.8

It's pretty obvious that whoever wrote the article hadn't bothered to check, had made an incorrect assumption and based an obviously biased article on that lack of basic journalistic practices.

Was she that sloppy, or did she set out to fool those who weren't going to check?

The abusers are invariably cis men. And seeing as 2/3 of the population is Christian, well...You can work out the percentages yourself as to how many are likely white, cis and Christian. Let me know what figure you get.

In short, the article isn't worth the paper it probably wasn't written on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This country is polluted.

It is polluted by sin.

Does anyone object to Christians voicing their disapproval of certain lifestyles?

Maybe hold up a sign or two expressing how we feel about it?

Or are we supposed to just sit and take it silently?

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
This country is polluted.

It is polluted by sin.

Does anyone object to Christians voicing their disapproval of certain lifestyles?

Maybe hold up a sign or two expressing how we feel about it?

Or are we supposed to just sit and take it silently?
There are plenty of places you can mouth off about it. Indeed, one of your Christian brethren and Oklahoma State Senator Tom Woods appeared in public to denounce the little girl beaten to death in a school bathroom as "filth."

But you are not going to be able to take that tack with one of your fellow workers in a business office or workshop, or if you are an employee in a Federal job.

So Boo Hoo.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.