Transgender efforts reach the US State Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't blame you, dude.
This is what it's like. Sarcasm follows!

Blame me? Why should you?
I have to keep a couple of tabs open with past posts
Well, That's just you not remembering details.
,just to keep track of the rabbit holes we're falling into.
If it's you that's falling, it's not my problem.
Though, to be honest
I seriously doubt that you are.
my patience is running a bit thin
I don't think that's relevant.
, and I'm not sure any of it is worth the effort.
I'm glad you agree your posts aren't.
Guess we'll see how long it lasts.
Mmm. Uh huh.
I'm about ready to cut to the chase
So I guess you knew you were wrong.
, or just cut out, any time now.
I doubt that.
-- A2SG, any time I have to cut a post in half due to length
What do you consider to be 'length'?
, it's time to reconsider keeping it going....
Really? Is that all you have to say?

Aargh...make it stop...

• Haha
Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is what it's like. Sarcasm follows!

Blame me? Why should you?

Well, That's just you not remembering details.

If it's you that's falling, it's not my problem.

I seriously doubt that you are.

I don't think that's relevant.

I'm glad you agree your posts aren't.

Mmm. Uh huh.

So I guess you knew you were wrong.

I doubt that.

What do you consider to be 'length'?

Really? Is that all you have to say?

Aargh...make it stop...
I hear ya, dude.

-- A2SG, but you forgot to mention roast beef sandwiches!

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
You continue to bring up the impediments trans people make on other people's lives,

Yes, because they are an issue and this thread is about trans people.

as if that, by itself, is a crime

Not all wrongdoings are crimes. I already told you this.

or something they should be held responsible for. Why?

You don't thing people should be held responsible for wrongdoings in some way?

Are any other groups charged or held responsible for impeding the lives of other people?

Yes, but this thread isn't about them.

Exactly. So why hold trans people responsible for doing it, but no one else?

I do hold others responsible.

The difference being...? Goal posts don't seem to have moved.

A trans individual is one person, trans people is a whole group. First you asked specific impediment attributed to trans people but then you asked for specific cases of trans individuals. That's how you moved the goal posts.

And..? If the problem you have is the possibility that someone might get pregnant, well, that happens anyway, even when trans people aren't involved. So why is this specifically a trans issue, again?

It's not specific to trans people but a trans person has contributing to the problem.

Seems to me its a preventing pregnancies problem instead. Got a solution for that problem?

A good start would be not to put biological men in cells with biological women.

Wait, now you're adding killing people to the problem? I thought it was only about spreading false information.

The false information had to do with the killing of trans people. Did you even watch the video?

Spreading false information, by itself, doesn't make someone directly responsible even if a murder is committed because of that false information. Unless, of course, the spreader is the one who pulled the trigger.

As a specific example, many people spread false information about the 2020 election being stolen...but only those who actually attacked the capitol on January 6 were arrested.

I already know this. Are you under the impression that I want the people who tried to spread this falsehood about trans killings, arrested?

So? They didn't cause the problem,

Again, never said they did.

and they don't seem to be a major factor in it continuing,

One easily preventable pregnancy in prison is one too many.

so why single them out?

You seem to be struggling with the concept of thread topics. If I see a thread about January 6, when I read the thread I don't expect to see read stuff about Christmas and Santa Clause, I expect to read about things to do with January 6.

This thread is about trans people so they are the focus of discussion.

Why are you making this a trans issue, when there are far more people getting people pregnant who aren't trans than are?

See previous comment.

My memory is fine. I'm just unclear on your point in bringing this up.

Your unclear why I gave you information you asked for?

What difference does it make that gay people and trans people deal with different issues? How is that the responsibility of trans people alone?

When did I say it was trans people's responsibility alone?

I have no idea. I'm still trying to figure out why you brought up this whole tangent.

You can't explain how it would invalidate them? Then why bring it up?

Dude, YOU brought up the issue of gay people are disassociating with trans people....and I'm still trying to figure out why, or what relevance that has to anything in this issue whatsoever. You've never been clear on why you brought this into the discussion, and now you're trying to throw it back to me.

You're the one who keeps asking questions and when I give you an answer you ask why I brought it up. More evidence that you either have a bad memory or you are not debating in good faith and are just talking in circles.

I'll leave it with this: Gay people and trans people deal with different issues, even though they may have some issues in common.

Period.

And that's all I need to say on the subject.

That was pretty obvious knowledge anyone could figure out on their own.

But you didn't answer the question!

I asked why you brought up gay people here, and you didn't explain why. This isn't a failure of my memory, it's a failure of you explaining what your point is.

Though, I have to admit, I'm beginning to form an opinion on what that point may actually be.

I brought them up when you said: "Maybe not those specific pronouns, but it seems to me there have been a lot of posts that purport to claim some overreaching "trans agenda" that seems to begin with pronouns and ends, somehow, with world domination or something.

Or, I dunno, maybe I just don't get how trans people using bathrooms is a disaster for society."

I replied: "That's very hyperbolic. Not world domination but it could be a big problem for society. When even gay and lesbians are disassociating from the trans movement by removing the T from LGBT it's a cause for concern."

That's who conversations and debates work. New elements are introduced as the discussion progresses.

How? And please, be specific.

Bullying, harassment, intimidation etc.

What legal issues? And please, be specific.

The teacher being fired.

So why bring it up here? In a thread about trans people.

Because no issue is exclusive to trans people.

If there's a bigger issue, that issue has yet to be mentioned.

What would constitute a bigger issue for you?

Cool. Let her walk on the beach then. I got no problem with people walking, on or off beaches.

Then you have no problem with her identifying as trans lesbian woman of color. Cool.

Your mental decline is showing here. I never said you did.

Direct quote from your post #3,368 "So why bring up the issue in a thread about a State Dept. memo suggesting State Dept. employees use non-gender specific language when possible?"

Please quote me where I brought up the State Dept. memo suggesting State Dept. employees use non-gender specific language when possible.

So you want to blame trans people for a problem they didn't cause, aren't solely responsible for, and don't contribute to more than any other group?

Hmm...seems to me there's a word for that kind of thing....wait, it'll come to me....

Again ignoring when I specifically said they didn't cause it.

Black people contribute to people getting pregnant too, why not make this about them?

This thread isn't about black people.

Portuguese people contribute to people getting pregnant too, why not make this about them?

This thread isn't about Portuguese people.

People with tattoos contribute to people getting pregnant too, why not make this about them? People who like Battlestar Galactica contribute to people getting pregnant too, why not make this about them? People who enjoy roast beef sandwiches contribute to people getting pregnant too, why not make this about them?

See where I'm going with this?

So why blame trans people specifically, when they're not the only ones doing it? Why not blame black people, Portuguese people, people with tattoos, people who like Battlestar Galactica or people who enjoy roast beef sandwiches?

This thread isn't about any of those people. See where I'm going with this?

Each of them individually is, yeah. Whether or not they form a pattern is a different issue. So far, you offered one example of a trans person getting someone pregnant, I offered four examples that don't involve a trans person (and, I think, multiple pregnancies may have been involved in more than one case). But, I grant you, the sample size here may be too small to draw any real inferences from.

And yet, doing that doesn't prevent pregnancies from happening. Even without any trans person involved at all.

Seems this may not be as much a trans issue as you want to make it out to be.

Still trying to figure out that word....

It won't prevent pregnancies from happening from happening but it's an obvious no-brainer to not put men inside women's cells becuase it's just asking for trouble.

So what are you worried about, then?

That the wrong people might win the battle.

"Don't put trans women in women's prisons."

I didn't.

I wasn't referring to you when I said that. Again, inserting yourself into the story.

Not really, no. I just don't see this as being quite as world-shaking an all-encompassing, widespread problem as you do.

If someone, anyone, does something wrong in a woman's bathroom, or anywhere else, I have no problem with that person being ejected from the store, or arrested if a crime is involved. I just don't see a problem if no one is doing anything wrong.

Still not sure why you do. Maybe it has something to do with that word that keeps escaping me....

Maybe hear what the women who have a problem with trans women occupying women's spaces have to say to get a better understanding.

Hardly. I "insert" myself in this subject because you're talking to me. I don't speak for trans people, so I can't offer their opinion on anything, I can only offer my own.

If you have a problem with that, find someone who is trans, or who does speak for them, and natter on with them instead.

Just because I'm talking to you doesn't always mean I'm referring to you. You constantly reply with something like "I'm not a (insert job here) you should ask them. As if you think I believe you have that specific job.

Why are you trying to insert me into the topic?

When a person says "you" they are referring to you, when they don't they are referring to someone else. Pretty simple to understand.

Then you should check it out. It's exactly what you were looking for.

Why would I? Since when is doing nothing wrong a "wrongdoing"?

Again, they are making women feel uncomfortable by being in places not made for them. That is doing something wrong.

Right. You take responsibility for your own discomfort. You don't expect the other person to be responsible for it.

So, why do you seem to hold trans people responsible for other people's discomfort if they're doing nothing wrong?

And women have. They are speaking out.

Do you give the same advise to trans people when people don't use their pronouns?

Nope. You're the one assuming it, I'm not saying it.

I don't need to assume. Your own words say it all.

You seem to agree with this, since you did indicate that if you had a problem with someone, you'd find a way to deal with it: you said you'd cross the street to avoid someone you're uncomfortable with, rather than expect them to leave instead.

A street isn't the same as a women's bathroom. A street is public, a toilet is a place of privacy.

And what part of that actually says I weigh one person's discomfort more than another? Or did you just assume that?

A person who doesn't weigh one person's discomfort more than another would have shown the same level of desire to speak out for woman as for transwomen. You comments telling women to "let them find a way to deal with it" shows you don't weigh women's discomfort as much as trans women's.

That isn't something I said, that's something you assumed.

Your own words condemn you.

But, for the record, if someone wants to pass a law preventing all women from swimming, or acting, then I very well might voice an objection to that too. Sorry if I didn't mention that before.

Now you started changing your tune now that I caught you. Now it's no longer "let them deal with it".

Shall I make the same declaration for black people, Portuguese people, people with tattoos, people who like Battlestar Galactica or people who enjoy roast beef sandwiches? Do I need to include anyone else before you assume I don't care about their comfort either? State Dept. employees, perhaps? (See, at least I'm trying to stay on topic...as fruitless an endeavor as that may be by this point.)

No need. I know which side you would take.

Who is most vulnerable to someone doing nothing wrong?

Making some one feel uncomfortable and unsafe in an area made specifically for them is doing something wrong. Women are the main victims of sexual crimes and men are the main perpetrators of sexual crimes. So I can easily see why women would feel uncomfortable with a man in the women's bathroom. It baffles me that you can't see that.

Nah, you're too busy making random assumptions instead.

CONTINUED NEXT POST....

Projection.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well there's empirical evidence of extraterrestrial life and the conditions for it on other planets outside our solar system.

We have two premises...

1. Certain range of conditions must be met for life as we know it.

2. Other planets outside our solar system appear to meet those conditions.

Followed by a conclusion.

3. Ergo, life outside the solar system is likely.
Here's a more comprehensive argument:

1. There is no empirical evidence of life outside our solar system.
2. The conditions outside our solar system may only appear to meet, the conditions on our planet do meet the requirements.
3. Yet on our planet, all closely controlled scientific efforts to bring life from non-life out of various primordial soups so far have failed.
4. Followed by the conclusion ... life outside the solar system today is not likely.

The honest scientist given the above would be agnostic as to life existing outside our solar system. For him the jury/verdict remains out. Agnostic.

Others may have a rational belief as you do that life out there exists. Theist.

Others may be extremely skeptical so as to deny even the possibility. Atheist.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I asked you quite simply....things either exist, or they don't....right?

A dialogue has two participants. I answered your goofy question and now you can answer mine. Right there...above this statement. Be brave.
Asked and answered.

Looks like you have no more serious arguments to support your atheism so we're done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
Why you keep bringing them up, and why you continuously ask me if they should be allowed to do some perfectly legal things?

Why do I keep bringing up trans people in a thread about trans people? It's pretty self explanatory.

Again with the assumptions.

When I actually say that, you can say I do. Until then, stop with the assumptions, already.

Oy, with the poodles already.

Not assumptions.

You've assumed there are inconsistencies when there actually aren't any.

But there are. I just showed you some of them.

Still not casting for the role. Though, I think casting agents need more information than the skin color of one's parents before hiring an actor for any role. You might need to consult Allison Jones instead of me, if you're really interested.

Does she at least have the possibility of playing Harriet Tubman? A simple yes or no would be great.

What's dyslexia got to do with anything?

You're ability to read what I wrote.

You complained about President Biden's age, so I pointed out that Trump is only three and a half years younger, to which you replied: "He was too old back then as well."

When I said: "Nah, I've heard him speak. He's old. Definitely too old for the job he's in." I was referring to Biden.

Then you relied "But if he were three and a half years younger, that'd be a-okay?" So naturally I assumed you were still talking about Biden.

So, I concluded that the difference in age between President Biden and Trump wasn't a factor in your decision to choose one over the other.

If I erred, feel free to point out the error.

Yes you have erred. Trump is Shakespeare compared to Biden.

Yup. Four indictments and 91 criminal charges, all out for everyone to see...

Which haven't gone to court yet and have the possibility of being thrown away.

Oh wait, that isn't President Biden....

"You ain't black." His comments about not wanting his children growing up in a "racial jungle". His wife comparing Latinos to breakfast tacos. Biden lying about his education. These are all on record.

Maybe they should cross the street or take a different path, like you'd do.

Or are you now changing your mind that someone else should be held responsible for you feeling discomfort when they're doing nothing wrong.

Street paths and bathrooms are not comparable.

Maybe so...but some are far more obvious and blatant about it than others.

Even those who haven't actually been found guilty of fraud.

I'd rather one who is obvious about his deception then conceals his deception behind a mask.

That's all I needed to hear.

No, they're not. I can easily disagree with someone without condemning them.

Why would you disagree with someone but not condemn them?

But, in this case, he did have to follow the policy. He refused to do so.

And there were consequences to that.

Not all consequences are fair.
You all right there, buddy?

It's a typo. I meant to say not the job.

"Yeah, this is MrMoe Incorporated, whaddaya want?"

"Hey, I bought a roast beef sandwich from you guys, and it had a mouse in it!"

"What do you want me to do about it, jerkwad?"

"I want my money back!"

"I should charge you extra for the mouse, buttmunch."

This is who you want representing your business to your customers?

No.

Why wouldn't I?

I'll take that as a yes.

I'm not gonna derail this any more than it's already been derailed. Suffice to say, there are people claiming their freedom of religion allows them to do all sorts of things, including impeding other people's lives.

So now you care about people's beliefs impeding others lives.

My only point is that the right to freedom of religion isn't absolute, no more than freedom of speech.

No more than pronoun policies.

If you're not already married, getting married isn't bigamy.

Unless it's to another person.

So could you.

I could, but i doubt it.

And I never said it was. You said: "That would be accepting his delusion, and that wouldn't be courteous at all." And I pointed out a case where it would be courteous to accept someone's view of reality being mistaken for some reason. Memory loss in this case,
as opposed to delusion in yours. The point being, of course, that different people can view the same, or similar, situation differently.

Clear now? You might want to keep track of old posts, so you're better able to follow the various rabbit holes we're going down. Or, you could not go down them...your call, of course. I'm just following your lead.

Alzheimer's isn't curable, people with delusions are curable.

What he thinks he's deluded about, for starters, I guess.

The teacher or the student?

If I'd meant to say that, I would have.

So you don't agree with the statement then? It would be helpful if you gave a straightforward answer instead of answering a question with another question.

Is there some reason that shouldn't be good enough for me?

Yep. it doesn't make clear what position you're taking on the subject.

I'm sure she'll be glad to hear that.

So, if you have no problem with her having cosmetic surgery, why do you seem to have one with trans people doing it?

You've already forgotten that I said Caitlyn Jenner is also free to mutilate their body however they wish. Or is Jenner not trans to you?

Why make an issue out of it by claiming they're not really changing their sex, if they're okay with the results? Why aren't you saying that Jennifer Grey didn't really change her nose?

You made it and issue by bringing up Caitlyn Jenner and Jennifer Grey. Now you're asking why I'm making an issue out of it. You must have memory problems. Please see a doctor. I'm concerned.

There are other ways to do that, they don't need a notation on their birth certificate.

Which are?

So, again, what's the purpose in making that declaration on their birth certificate, specifically? Further, if we assume the reason is simply to affirm it...why would anyone object to that affirmation?

Who's objecting to it?

For some, maybe. Others, maybe not so much. But, it does seem to me that's the teacher's problem too. So again, this isn't a problem only coming from trans people.

No but they are the topic of conversation.

Not strictly speaking a strawman. Hyperbole, maybe. If we substitute "removed" for arrested, same observation applies. Why remove someone from a bathroom if they're doing nothing wrong?

Remove and arrest are not the same.

3306, at the bottom. But, does it really matter at this point?

"Transfer the harasser to another location, I suppose." Is that the comment you're referring to?

Your doubts are your problem, not mine.

But trans peoples doubts are definitely yours.

And here I was, trying to be nice.

Oh well.

Look, I'm trying to be respectful and polite and all, even if I get a little snarky or sarcastic, or wander off in tangents about roast beef sandwiches from time to time, but I've been getting a lot of accusations from you about memory issues, dyslexia, dishonesty and bad faith, and I don't appreciate it. I've tried not to make personal attacks or accusations, and I would appreciate you doing the same.

If you can't do that, I may have to move on.

-- A2SG, assuming the thread isn't shut down beforehand, which wouldn't surprise me by this point.....

Nothing disrespectful or impolite about what I said. I was just giving you some useful advise. If you took offense then that's your problem , not mine, as you would say.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
I don't want to interupt your conversation with A2, but can I just note that your reply quoted him over 60 times in The one post? Maybe you guys actually have some important points you are making. And I don't know about anyone else, but me wading through 60+ one or two line responses in one post and trying to determine the context to find out what those points might be is not an option.

Just saying is all...

You can click the username that's in orange with the arrow next to it and it will take you back to the previous post. That's an option.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here's a more comprehensive argument:

1. There is no empirical evidence of life outside our solar system.

Uh huh.

2. The conditions outside our solar system may only appear to meet, the conditions on our planet do meet the requirements.

Right.

3. Yet on our planet, all closely controlled scientific efforts to bring life from non-life out of various primordial soups so far have failed.

Sure lol.

4. Followed by the conclusion ... life outside the solar system today is not likely.

As long as you're behind on the evidence, sure.

The honest scientist given the above would be agnostic as to life existing outside our solar system.

No idea what that means.

Does this particular moron realize things either exist or they don't?

Here's a simpler question...

Does life exist in Italy? Or even does Italy exist?

I've never been to Italy....so how can I form a belief?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You can click the username that's in orange with the arrow next to it and it will take you back to the previous post. That's an option.
Ah, ok. I do that fifty times to follow the conversation. Got it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Not to mention there are those that need to be reminded 60 times what they said b cause they can't seem to remember due to being so inconsistent.

• Winner
Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Uh huh.

Nope. Keep googling. It's a good idea to read articles before you cite ... "showed a possible detection of a molecule" is no slam dunk, doesn't even push the ball up the court on life from non-life. We already knew you had faith in this bad idea. Adding hope doesn't make a bad idea any better.

Maybe DC Comics has something more scientific to offer you on finding life coming from chemicals in a test-tube.
Does life exist in Italy? Or even does Italy exist?

I've never been to Italy....so how can I form a belief?
? Start a new thread. Maybe someone in Italy will respond.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Yup. I don't care if you agree...you asked my belief. I couldn't care less if you think it's sufficient for your belief.

? Start a new thread. Maybe someone in Italy will respond.

It's the same dumb question as you asked me above. Maybe I can present evidence sufficient for you...maybe I can't. It doesn't matter.

Now answer the question you've been dodging this whole time. Do you understand that in regards to existence things either exist in reality....or they don't...and there's no third option?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Schrödinger's Cat?
Now everyone who was feeling a little pleased with themselves at getting the joke is thinking it's not so funny now that everyone knows...and you've let the cat out of the bag. Or is it box?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.