✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think not.

The agnostic also suspends disbelief. So he is neither in a state of belief or disbelief.

He is, in a sense, "gender neutral" as to the issue at hand.

How would you distinguish the atheist from the agnostic?

If you wonder why I consider them all atheists it's because I've heard agnostics say...

'I don't believe in God, but I'm open to the possibility of one."

But I've never heard them say....

"I believe in God but I'm open to the possibility of there not being one in existence. "

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Man, I really hope someday, it doesn't matter when, you'll realize what an opportunity you missed out on to become part of God's family through Christ. Our family is far from perfect and we all know it. But we'd wed live for you to be part of it none the less. We all know we are only who we are because Christ Rose from the grave and gave us something we could never have on our own.

Maybe someday Ana. Maybe some day.

It's nothing against Christians or most religions really. I don't have some certainty towards any particular view of everything. I can't really make myself start believing anymore than anyone else can make themselves stop.

I do find attempts to defend the beliefs of trans-activists on this thread rather half-hearted and insincere. I appreciate a Christian who defends their faith sincerely, but poorly, over someone disingenuously pretending to hold some beliefs that they believe make them "appear moral" when in reality....they don't actually hold those beliefs. For example...

During the time this thread has been up....that happened. Old lady goes to Planet Fitness....is shocked to see a man in the women's locker room showering in front of a young teen girl who appears horrified. Goes to complain at the front desk....is told that man "identifies as a woman" and asks why they're defending the man instead of the young girl.

Old lady posts video...is banned from Planet Fitness....and understandably, it's cost Planet Fitness a lot of investment.

Just like slapping Dylan Mulvaney onto beer cans was a dumb move for Bud Light.

People don't really want their 14yo daughters in the locker room with that man. They may pretend to online...but they don't. It's insincere, and they only defend it imagining they'll never have to deal with the consequences.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I am saddened, and sometimes exceedingly tremble and quake over the condition of many here on this forum, but am glad you are here so that you will know the Truth of Christ. That goes for many many more I meet in the world too.
So dreadfully lost, and not acknowledging they are sinners, and they must have a substitute, for they are in dire need of Jesus Christ the righteous, aho ONLY is able to clothe them with HIS righteousness.
My righteous now is not mine, but His. Any former righteousness I had was as filthy rags in His right, and that goes for ALL people.
I don't want to see any of you ultimately cast into hell for your unbelief and rejection of Christ.

Could you stop now? I'm not interested about your "concern" for my non-existent soul. This is not a preaching sub-forum.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Could you stop now? I'm not interested about your "concern" for my non-existent soul. This is not a preaching sub-forum.

That's right....he's concerned about these non-existent gender-souls. That deep down feeling that defies biology or rational explanation.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe not those specific pronouns, but it seems to me there have been a lot of posts that purport to claim some overreaching "trans agenda" that seems to begin with pronouns and ends, somehow, with world domination or something.

Or, I dunno, maybe I just don't get how trans people using bathrooms is a disaster for society.

That's very hyperbolic. Not world domination but it could be a big problem for society. When even gay and lesbians are disassociating from the trans movement by removing the T from LGBT it's a cause for concern.

And I know literally nothing else. So, what about her?

Strange, you had no problem identifying the Club Q shooter as non binary even though all you knew about them is that they murdered people and that they identified as non binary. But now you seem to want a biography before you say you have no problem with a straight white male identifying as a lesbian woman of color.

What problems, exactly?

"Trans woman" impregnates two female inmates.

And what do you suggest as a solution for those problems?

Put them in spaces according to their sex.

And why should that solution involve any trans person who hasn't been arrested or incarcerated?

Because women have spaces just for themselves out here too.

I don't support anything of the kind. If you're uncomfortable about that...or anything at all...that's your problem to deal with.

I'm sure you'd give the same advice to trans people, right?

Unless the person using the bathroom is committing a crime or directly causing a problem of some sort (for the record, I don't consider you being uncomfortable that the other person exists to be a problem they directly caused), I would support a "live and let live" approach.

It's not that they exist, it's that they're where they shouldn't be.

I seem to remember, not that long ago, being in the men's room of a Target (or some such place) where a woman came in with her toddler son to let him go to the bathroom. She explained that the women's room was full (not that I asked). It didn't bother me at all.

Did you feel concerned the mother and toddler might be there to do some perverted stuff? If that never crossed your mind then it's not at all comparable to men being in women's rooms.

Maybe so...but knowing nothing whatsoever would only elicit an ignorant, uninformed opinion. I would need to know something about them to have an informed opinion. Oh, and I'd probably need to care a tiny little bit as well.

Okay, what would you like to know?

Okay.

See above. I still don't see any reason why I should care one way or the other.

Strange. You seem to really care about trans issues. You've continued to defend them over a hundred pages.

Well Rachel Dolezal is trans and now all of a sudden you are apathetic. You seem to have a lot to say for someone who doesn't care.

Shocking, I know.

Next you're gonna tell me Biden is old.

Oh wow!! That's never happened before, ever in the history of humanity!!!!!

Police: A person was just murdered. I just want ask y-

A2SG: Oh wow!! That's never happened before, ever in the history of humanity!!!!!

You seem to have no problem with this group deliberately spreading false information because other people have done it.

I'd say the impeding has been greatly exaggerated. To a massive degree.

But, I willingly admit, that's my opinion.

So you admit people's lives have been impeded. The fact that it's happening at all is the problem.

Who should or should not occupy biological women's spaces isn't something I get to decide; plus which, my opinion on the subject is less than worthless, and not in any way needed or wanted.

ok

But my dream job. Thing is, I'm not looking for a job as a professional oath taker, it's not my field. Plus which, I already have a job.

Strawman. It's not your job, it's part of your job's policy.

Thing is, people can have medical procedures that alter their body in a way that allows them to live as their preferred sex.

*Preferred gender.

If that's good enough for them, it's certainly good enough for me.

Do you feel that same way about Ryan Webb?

If you want to debate whether or not those medical procedures are sufficient to allow a complete, 100% alteration to a different sex, you'll have to take it up with someone who has sufficient medical knowledge to discuss the subject. That ain't me.

We already have sufficient medical knowledge to know the answer to that. They're not. Medical procedures won't change their genetics. They are purely cosmetic.

Then what's your issue with them being put on a birth certificate?

They can do that if they want to, with or without my advising them. Further, if they feel they are being harassed at work, they have the right to speak to HR about that, and have HR deal with the issue. And that goes for everyone, trans or otherwise.

How can I know if this opinion on the subject is less than worthless, and if it's in any way needed or wanted?

What's apparent to you is your concern, not mine. I know what matters to me better than you do.

It's not what matters to you that's my and others concern, it's what doesn't matter to you that's my and others concern. This post of yours just showed that.

True. I can always guess.

Then guess.

I guessed.

-- A2SG, see how that works?

Then why didn't you do that with the previous question?

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's very hyperbolic.
Yeah, probably. Though, to hear some complain about trans people, hyperbole does seem to run rampant sometimes.

Not world domination but it could be a big problem for society.
See what I mean?

What big problems, pray tell?

When even gay and lesbians are disassociating from the trans movement by removing the T from LGBT it's a cause for concern.
Why are they doing that, though? Could it be because different groups have different issues, and gay people, perhaps, may prefer to focus on the issues that affect them, specifically?

I dunno...you tell me. Show me where you got that information, and what they've said about it, and then we can see what the story is.

Strange, you had no problem identifying the Club Q shooter as non binary even though all you knew about them is that they murdered people and that they identified as non binary.
Wait, wait. You find it strange that I had no problem identifying someone as non binary after you told me they were non-binary?

Think about that a minute. The mystery may solve itself.

But now you seem to want a biography before you say you have no problem with a straight white male identifying as a lesbian woman of color.
Why would I have a problem with anyone identifying as anything? I've told you before, I don't get involved in other people's definitions of themselves.

"Trans woman" impregnates two female inmates.

Yeah, that does happen. It didn't start with trans people, though....

Inmate raped, impregnated by guard is harassed by other ...

30 Kentucky prison guards had sex with inmates while 14 ...

I'm a correctional officer. I got an inmate pregnant. ...

And, just to be fair, it doesn't only happen to inmates:

Four female prison guards impregnated by same inmate

So why is this a trans issue?

Put them in spaces according to their sex.
We've done that...and people still got pregnant. Somehow.

Because women have spaces just for themselves out here too.
And....?

Look, I'm fully on board with anyone being arrested and prosecuted for doing anything illegal in a women's restroom or whatever...but if they're not doing anything wrong, I fail to see why they should be arrested.

I'm sure you'd give the same advice to trans people, right?
Pretty much, yeah. I'd also offer the rest of that paragraph, as well.

It's not that they exist, it's that they're where they shouldn't be.
And why shouldn't they be there, if they're not doing anything wrong?

Did you feel concerned the mother and toddler might be there to do some perverted stuff? If that never crossed your mind then it's not at all comparable to men being in women's rooms.
Well, if all men are perverts, then maybe we should arrest each and every one of them on sight, just in case.

Or does that apply only to trans people?

Is that what you're saying?

Okay, what would you like to know?
Why I should care. If someone wants to take a swim or pursue an acting career, why do they need my permission to do so?

Strange. You seem to really care about trans issues. You've continued to defend them over a hundred pages.
Yeah. But that doesn't mean I poke my nose into everyone's personal issues. If someone wants to go for a swim, or pursue an acting career, they don't need to ask me for permission.

But, if someone wants to pass a law preventing all trans people from swimming, or acting, then I very well might voice an objection.

Is that okay with you?

Well Rachel Dolezal is trans and now all of a sudden you are apathetic. You seem to have a lot to say for someone who doesn't care.
Yeah, I'm funny that way.

Next you're gonna tell me Biden is old.
He is?? Maybe he just looks old, spending time in an evil lair hidden within an active volcano can do that to a person, I hear.

Comes with being a Bond villain level criminal mastermind, I guess...

Police: A person was just murdered. I just want ask y-

A2SG: Oh wow!! That's never happened before, ever in the history of humanity!!!!!
Last I checked, spreading false information about minorities, or anyone else, isn't exactly a crime. Why would the police get involved?

You seem to have no problem with this group deliberately spreading false information because other people have done it.
If I got involved every time a group deliberately spread false information about another group, I wouldn't have time left to do much else.

So you admit people's lives have been impeded. The fact that it's happening at all is the problem.
People's lives are impeded all the time. In fact, my life was impeded not that long ago when someone stopped me and asked for directions. I told them to go down the street and turn left where Buzzy's Roast Beef used to be, and then my life was impeded for a bit longer as I lamented that Buzzy's wasn't there any more. Then I went in search of a place that made roast beef sandwiches that hopefully would be as good as Buzzy's used to be.

These things happen. You deal.

Strawman. It's not your job, it's part of your job's policy.
My job's policy doesn't require me to take any oaths.

Look, putting the silly hypotheticals aside, the issue here is very simple: If you refuse to do the job you're being paid to do, your employer won't continue to pay you. Simple as that. Religion doesn't give you a free pass.

Besides, apropos of nothing, the religious argument seems to me a bit dodgy anyway...what religious precept prevents someone from being courteous to children? But, in the end, that teacher is suing the school, so it's now up to the court to decide if he gets a free pass or not. If the judge in that case requires my input, they can reach out to me....but I'm not waiting by the phone. I'm busy trying to find a good roast beef sandwich.

*Preferred gender.
No, they don't need medical intervention for their gender.

Do you feel that same way about Ryan Webb?
Why wouldn't I?

We already have sufficient medical knowledge to know the answer to that. They're not. Medical procedures won't change their genetics. They are purely cosmetic.
And...? Why is this anyone else's problem, exactly? Do you also have a problem with Jennifer Grey having cosmetic surgery?

Then what's your issue with them being put on a birth certificate?
I have no issue with any information being put on a birth certificate. You brought that issue up, not me.

How can I know if this opinion on the subject is less than worthless, and if it's in any way needed or wanted?
That's for you to decide. You're free to weigh my opinions as much, or as little, as you wish.

It's not what matters to you that's my and others concern, it's what doesn't matter to you that's my and others concern. This post of yours just showed that.
And why does what doesn't matter to me matter to you?

Then guess.
I did.

Then why didn't you do that with the previous question?
I'm funny that way, sometimes.

-- A2SG, been told to check out Nick's Famous Roast Beef in Beverly....I'll keep you posted....

outside-of-nick-s.jpg

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
God will only "need you away from Him" is you die in your sins, and since sin cannot be in His presence or His kingdom, then you'll be lost forever. It is certainly your business, and I do see your profile says you're a Deist. God does truly work in the affairs of men, and is why He so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son Jesus that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life: that believing involves more than just mental recognition, it is a faith & trust that involves actions that respond to the repentance he will grant you.
I do thank you for your concern for how I spend “eternity“, but I expect it to be quite like it was (for me) before I got here.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It's funny that for years people were hired to do a job. And you were paid to do that job. And then a man decides he's a woman and now the employer has decided that in order for you to properly file something you have to call him a her. Or perhaps in the case if the FBI is conducting a terrorist investigation that in order to do the investigation you have to call the man in accounting a her. Cause that's the job you were hired to do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The inconsistencies of the left are quite on display on this issue. They are very concerned about mens feelings who want to be women, but could care less about actual women's feelings. They only support a live and let live situation for non-trans people but wouldn't dream of supporting the same thing for trans people.

They are all about recognizing some people's identities, but not everyone's.

They are certainly for recognizing mental illnesses that the mental health community recognizes, except this one.

They are all about science and the evidence of science except in this case.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Literally anything I can think of that wouldn't be belief is going to land in the disbelief category.
So, you do not believe life exists outside our solar system? But do you know that life does not exist outside our solar system?

Those are two different questions. One's belief or disbelief in the existence of things is dynamic and does change with new discoveries, improved observations, more precise analysis or interpretation of the data, and rectified or more rigorous reasoning.

But absence of evidence is never evidence of absence. Simply because you do not have evidence that something exists does not mean that you have evidence that it doesn't exist.

The material or empirical sciences are unlikely to provide evidence of the immaterial. Rationalism does. We can rationally infer from our observations of the operations of the material universe that such a being exists: the arguments from motion; causation; contingency; degree of perfection; and final cause or ends.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you wonder why I consider them all atheists it's because I've heard agnostics say...

'I don't believe in God, but I'm open to the possibility of one."

But I've never heard them say....

"I believe in God but I'm open to the possibility of there not being one in existence. "
A rational agnostic: "I don't believe in life outside our solar system but I'm open to the that possibility."

An irrational agnostic: "I don't believe in life outside our solar system and I'm not open to the that possibility." (AKA: An atheist.)

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, probably. Though, to hear some complain about trans people, hyperbole does seem to run rampant sometimes.

See what I mean?

What big problems, pray tell?

Impeding peoples lives.

Why are they doing that, though? Could it be because different groups have different issues, and gay people, perhaps, may prefer to focus on the issues that affect them, specifically?

That doesn't makes sense for a few reasons. Firstly because this is a recent thing and these groups have been around for decades. Secondly, why would gay and lesbians disassociate from transgender people just because they have different issues? It would make more sense for them all to come together.

I dunno...you tell me. Show me where you got that information, and what they've said about it, and then we can see what the story is.

I get my info from different sources included from gay and lesbian youtubers. Look up Arielle Scarcella. She is a lesbian woman who's been called a transphobe and a terf. In her comments section you'll find lesbian women telling stories about being told they are transphobic for not wanting to be with "a woman with a penis". And vice versa with gay men.

Wait, wait. You find it strange that I had no problem identifying someone as non binary after you told me they were non-binary?

Think about that a minute. The mystery may solve itself.

Yeah I did, and you told me you had no problem using their pronouns. So I'm guessing you would have no problem using this trans woman of color Ryan Webb's pronouns.

Why would I have a problem with anyone identifying as anything? I've told you before, I don't get involved in other people's definitions of themselves.

Yeah, that does happen. It didn't start with trans people, though....

Inmate raped, impregnated by guard is harassed by other ...

30 Kentucky prison guards had sex with inmates while 14 ...

I'm a correctional officer. I got an inmate pregnant. ...

And, just to be fair, it doesn't only happen to inmates:

Four female prison guards impregnated by same inmate

So men who are supposed to obey the law are capable of doing this and yet some think it's somehow a good idea to put men who don't obey the law inside the actual cells with the women. :doh:

So why is this a trans issue?

It's not, but this thread is about transgender people so they are the focus.

We've done that...and people still got pregnant. Somehow.

No we haven't, we're doing the exact opposite. You've given examples of what happens what men who are supposed to follow the law breaking the law, now we're putting men who don't follow the law inside the cells with woman. This is supposed to be progress? We've gone backwards not forwards.

And....?

Look, I'm fully on board with anyone being arrested and prosecuted for doing anything illegal in a women's restroom or whatever...but if they're not doing anything wrong, I fail to see why they should be arrested.

Who said anything about them being arrested? Women just don't want men who obviously look like men in their bathrooms because it makes them uncomfortable. They have the option of using the men's room. You okay with that option?

And why shouldn't they be there, if they're not doing anything wrong?

They are doing something wrong. They are making women feel uncomfortable.

Well, if all men are perverts,

Who said all men are perverts?

then maybe we should arrest each and every one of them on sight, just in case.

That's a bit extreme.

Or does that apply only to trans people?

No.

Is that what you're saying?

No.

Why I should care. If someone wants to take a swim or pursue an acting career, why do they need my permission to do so?

Yeah. But that doesn't mean I poke my nose into everyone's personal issues. If someone wants to go for a swim, or pursue an acting career, they don't need to ask me for permission.

This has nothing to do with the career, I'm just using them as a setting. But I'm pretty sure you already knew that and are just trying to dodge answering the simple question.

I'm just looking for your opinion not asking for your permission. Would you have an issue with Stefonknee Wolscht playing with little children in a swimming pool or Rachel Dolezal starring as a black historical figure in a movie?

But, if someone wants to pass a law preventing all trans people from swimming, or acting, then I very well might voice an objection.

Is that okay with you?

Why would you care about those laws being passed?

Yeah, I'm funny that way.

So you admit to being inconsistent in your arguments.

He is?? Maybe he just looks old, spending time in an evil lair hidden within an active volcano can do that to a person, I hear.

Comes with being a Bond villain level criminal mastermind, I guess...

Nah, I've heard him speak. He's old. Definitely too old for the job he's in.

Last I checked, spreading false information about minorities, or anyone else, isn't exactly a crime.

It's definitely lying, and could harm rather them help them.

Why would the police get involved?

Just using them as an example to show how your response would sound even more ridiculous in an more extreme circumstance.

If I got involved every time a group deliberately spread false information about another group, I wouldn't have time left to do much else.

Not asking you to get involved. Can you a least condemn it? Can you manage that?

People's lives are impeded all the time. In fact, my life was impeded not that long ago when someone stopped me and asked for directions. I told them to go down the street and turn left where Buzzy's Roast Beef used to be, and then my life was impeded for a bit longer as I lamented that Buzzy's wasn't there any more. Then I went in search of a place that made roast beef sandwiches that hopefully would be as good as Buzzy's used to be.

These things happen. You deal.

That example would at worst be a minor inconvenience. To compare that to losing your job or being called transphobic/terf and being socially ostracized is ridiculous.

My job's policy doesn't require me to take any oaths.

My hypothetical does.

Look, putting the silly hypotheticals aside, the issue here is very simple: If you refuse to do the job you're being paid to do, your employer won't continue to pay you. Simple as that. Religion doesn't give you a free pass.

Never heard of freedom of religion?

Besides, apropos of nothing, the religious argument seems to me a bit dodgy anyway...what religious precept prevents someone from being courteous to children?

Can't find anything in the bible that would prevent someone from being courteous to children. I did find a warning about delusions.

No, they don't need medical intervention for their gender.

Neither will it change their sex.

Why wouldn't I?

She's trans.

And...? Why is this anyone else's problem, exactly?

I'm not the one who randomly brought up Caitlyn Jenner and claimed they might disagree with me that sex can't change. I'm just stating the facts.

Do you also have a problem with Jennifer Grey having cosmetic surgery?

Who?

I have no issue with any information being put on a birth certificate. You brought that issue up, not me.

You must have a short memory. You're the one who asked "What purpose would that serve?" When I suggested the option of putting their gender alongside their sex on their birth certificate when the child gets older.

And why does what doesn't matter to me matter to you?

Because people like you have a detrimental affect on society. That's why. Because I know you're not the only one who thinks like this. A person who is willing to make many afraid, uncomfortable and/or angry just to appease a small group of people while refusing to acknowledge the bad in the group or the inconsistencies in their ideology.

Again, short memory. You didn't. All you said was "That's what HR is for. You'd have to check with HR. I don't work there."
Guess what a possible HR solution would be for this situation.

I'm funny that way, sometimes.

Bad memory?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So, you do not believe life exists outside our solar system?

Life? Yes. At a bare minimum it seems likely that single cell organisms exist outside our solar system.

But do you know that life does not exist outside our solar system?

No.

Those are two different questions.

Right. I'll throw you an easier one...

1. Do you believe it's going to rain today (in your general location)?

2. Do you know what you did this morning?

The material or empirical sciences are unlikely to provide evidence of the immaterial.

What's the immaterial?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Life? Yes. At a bare minimum it seems likely that single cell organisms exist outside our solar system.

No.
Does that not demonstrate the difference between knowing and believing?

Belief in the existence of things not seen requires faith in one's reason, specifically metaphysical reasoning. Rationally, I suppose you have judged the probability of life outside our solar system as likely. Rationally, the Deists judged the probability that their God exists as likely.
Right. I'll throw you an easier one...

1. Do you believe it's going to rain today (in your general location)?

2. Do you know what you did this morning?
The first question and its answer demonstrate the difference between epistemology and ontology. Epistemologically, I may think that it will rain today. Ontologically it will either rain or not independently of what I may think.

The second question relies on one's mental acuity. At my age, I sometimes find myself at top of the staircase asking myself what I came upstairs for.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That doesn't makes sense for a few reasons. Firstly because this is a recent thing and these groups have been around for decades. Secondly, why would gay and lesbians disassociate from transgender people just because they have different issues? It would make more sense for them all to come together.
They have come together because of something they call intersectionality. That's why LGBT accepted the T and every subsequent letter afterward. That is why the rainbow flag has so many colors. Only now the LGB community is beginning to recognize T has and is causing a problem and are making demands that go far beyond the LGB desires and it's starting to affect them too.

• Informative
Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
No we haven't, we're doing the exact opposite. You've given examples of what happens what men who are supposed to follow the law breaking the law, now we're putting men who don't follow the law inside the cells with woman. This is supposed to be progress? We've gone backwards not forwards.
No kidding, it's like saying we have instances where a bank guard robbed a bank. So that is a great reason to let others who have been convicted of robbing banks be allowed to live in banks. Or that some males wo work in day cares have molested kids so we should put convicted pedophiles into daycares.

• Winner
Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
An irrational agnostic: "I don't believe in life outside our solar system and I'm not open to the that possibility." (AKA: An atheist.)
If you apply that to God (or gods) I have never known an atheist in this forum (or any other), to say or even imply that they are not open to the possibility of Him (or a god) existing in some way. In fact, I think that any self proclaimed atheist here would argue against such certainty. I certainly would.

What may be muddying the waters is that certain aspects of belief in God, such as the belief in a 6,000 year old earth or a literal Adam and Eve are discounted by atheists and they are not open to those possibilities. But that is secondary to a belief in God. Obviously, very many Christians believe those things didn't happen as well.

I think the position you took above is less an attempt to clarify definitions and more another attempt to suggest that atheists are not rational.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
If you apply that to God (or gods) I have never known an atheist in this forum (or any other), to say or even imply that they are not open to the possibility of Him (or a god) existing in some way. In fact, I think that any self proclaimed atheist here would argue against such certainty. I certainly would.

What may be muddying the waters is that certain aspects of belief in God, such as the belief in a 6,000 year old earth or a literal Adam and Eve are discounted by atheists and they are not open to those possibilities. But that is secondary to a belief in God. Obviously, very many Christians believe those things didn't happen as well.

I think the position you took above is less an attempt to clarify definitions and more another attempt to suggest that atheists are not rational.

I understand some professing Christians don't believe those things, but it's especially dangerous when you don't believe Adam & Eve were real people. Reason for this is that the Hebrews kept meticulous records, especially of genealogies, and in Luke 3:23-38 it's a strait lineage right back to Adam:
vs 23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,....
vs 38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Also Jesus, who we know to be an historical person (whether or not you believe He is God in the flesh, which He is), referred back to Genesis 2:23-24

Matthew 19: 4-5 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?"

He quotes Genesis, and specifically what Adam said in Genesis 2,
"And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

Jesus also makes mention of Noah and the flood, and Jonah and the whale, 2 of the "difficult to believe" passages.

As for the earth, it's possible it's 6,238.72 years old.
:eek:

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.