Totally Unwanted Blasphemous Thoughts?

Foofy

Apr 28, 2014
✟7,629.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello! Today I really wanted to ask something, as this has been going on for a bit and I want some really serious things cleared up. So me and my family went on vacation to Florida about 3.... weeks ago? And while going there I have had totally unwanted blasphemous thoughts while trying to fall asleep to some song called "The Prayer" and continued all the way there. I didn't actually have any of them there when we arrived, but during the ride home 3 days later, they came back. Then they went away for about 3 weeks after I got home, then they have stayed away until I had this awful nightmare I had involving Satan just about 4 days ago I'm almost sure, where it showed scenes of all different bad things that were really disturbing and not right (tell me if you want me to list them specifically) and when I woke up I had this REALLY STRONG urge to follow Satan, but then that urge went away in about 15ish minutes after reading a few prayer things. But for the past 2-3 days those thoughts have been coming back so badly and worse than ever by far. Did something bad happen to me during that dream? Not sure if it is OCD, Satan, or both, because as I have said these thoughts have somewhat bothered me a few weeks ago, but then they went away until this dream and that urge happened to me and now they are worse than ever. Are there any particular steps to deal with this? Should I go to some pastor or just my school counselor/some christian teacher at school or what? OCD medicine? Thanks!

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Foofy. Sketcher is telling you right, do not listen to such talk, it is from the Enemy. Start praising Jesus, and ask Jesus to help you, keep doing that again and again and again. Fight with Love, our strong weapon, and keep thanking Jesus for being our Saviour. Every time those thoughts come, chase them away with Love for God and love for our neighbour. Let God`s enemies
know, that you Love God and Jesus, and your fellow-men and fellow-women.
Satan and his cohorts will flee from you. I say this with love, Foofy. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unsolicited thoughts come into our minds, designed to weaken us from within. They are not our suggestions, but we think they are because it's our mind that is talking to us.

Here is the scripture of proof from the KJV:

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.

Being in Christ you are not that child, so when you receive ugly thoughts just give them to the Lord, i.e. "Lord God this thought I give to you to handle, in Jesus' Name. Amen." Make that prayer your counter each and every time, an accept in your heart that he will handle it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jaysj84

Apr 23, 2014
✟7,674.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Foofy!

I'd just like to ask you if you are a born again Christian or are you not sure? The reality is that, yes we all are dealing with the spiritual powers that try to influence us for the worse. I know a person who deals with this a bit but he also has some physical issues too. Remember that we are spiritual and physical wrapped into one! I appreciate the comments given above by others here, and two minds are better than one as they say.
I want to add that the person I know did open certain doors for these problems to come his way. He dabbled with certain spiritual things that aren't of a Christian nature. Also it doesn't help him for the fact that the church he does or did go to isn't teaching straight on Jesus and His salvation !! There are a lot of churches that I believe the Bible teaches are nothing other than the 'daughter's of Babylon' and that's a real good teaching alone. Babylon basically stands for everything that is opposed to God's truth. If you were to read the book of Daniel in the Old Testament you will come across the city of Babylon. This was a place that the children of Israel were taken to as a result of there falling away from God and His Holy Law !! They rebelled against Him. Also there's evidence of this taking place in churches in the book of 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ' aka 'Revelation'. Jesus rebuked the church for allowing certain pagan/ false religious teachings to come in. I would have to ask you if the OCD has been managed properly or are you struggling with this? I did pray for a friend one time with the same disorder and it was for a skin rash he'd had for some time and it actually cleared up ! But unbeknownst to me he stopped taking his medication because he thought that healing meant that his OCD must be gone too !! Unfortunately he had a relapse and was worse off than original. This is something we should all keep in mind if ever we start praying for people. I have personally been in the position where I was medicated and received prayer for deliverance and my mind was delivered from oppression, where spirits were causing me grief. But the best advice I was given was not to go off the medication. I'm glad I'm not there any more. Glory to God in the Highest !!!
Today I'm healthy and not on medication but that's because of Jesus power and also my diligence in keeping to the program set out for me at the time. Foofy it's no good to be having these thoughts but at the same time possibly allowing yourself to watch or listen to things that are unholy. We actually sing a song for the kids in church that talks about protecting what your eyes see and what your ears hear, etc. These are all mediums likewise for Satan to enter into our thoughts as well. Just remember that he used a serpent in the garden of Eden to deceive Adam and Eve !! The snake was a medium! Here's food for thought too, the 'media' on our t.v's allows more and more nonsense through and Satan is using every means possible to deceive the world. It says he deceives the nations! Ok if you like what I have put here let us know!

Thanks for reading,..

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
2 Corinthians 10:5

We are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

Remember that you can take charge of what goes through your head. It might not all be from you, but it is the territory that you own, and you have command rights. You do not need to be a victim. Find a way to clear your head and distract the thoughts. Be in control.

Our brains are processors, so keep in mind that what you put in gets filed away somewhere and retrieved with links. It's like doing a search for the word "wonder," and Wonder Bread popping up unexpectedly. The electro-chemical reactions of ions, nerve impulses, pathways... these bring retrieval of stored memories. So if you were smelling propane on vacation when you had the dream, and smelled propane this week when a neighbor was grilling, then it might trigger a flashback.

You can also pray that God removes any memories that you don't want -- since God can heal, then He can also switch off memory retrieval.

Going on vacation with family can be stressful, and after three weeks doing everything together, a person can really churn up a lot of anxiety. Try to shake that off and work on any bitterness that might still be holding on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We don't cause birds to fly across the sky, but we ought not let then build nests in our hair.

When such things happen I pray the Our Father, meditate on our Lord's passion and ask our bretheren in heaven to pray for me. Eventually it passes. Repeat as necessary.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Foofy,
Have you messed around with things of the occult, whether recently or in your past? If you got involved either subtly or heavily with anything related to the paranormal such as psychics, ghost hunting, playing with a ouija board or games like "Light as Feather Stiff as a Board", or magic, then that would give demonic spirits access to your mind to torment and harass you. The reason I bring this up is that our culture heavily promotes this kind of stuff as though it's "OK" through TV and movies. Ask God if you permitted some of this stuff into your life unawares and, if so, have Him reveal it - your simple repentance of it will help close those doors.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I find it interesting that even outside of Christianity, people recognize that harassing thoughts and input can be dealt with in the mind and voice. Taking authority seems to work no matter who you are or how spiritual you've been. Set your mind in Christ, and move forward bravely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caleb Taylor

Jun 2, 2014
✟15,161.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear Foofy,

God loves you.

- Do not feel condemned, but ask God for forgiveness when you fall...

- If you have to M, at least do not use inappropriate content, and try not to focus on any "real" person - imagine a future wife in your mind instead...

- Go to a church that is either pentecostal or charismatic, and get someone who receives words from God to pray over you.

- Important - do not get caught up in spending lots of time trying to get delivered from the sins that you "see". There are many other hidden sins that God is more interested in, and you should attempt to follow Him by worshipping Him, asking Him to reveal and put His heart into your heart, telling Him you love Him, asking Him to reveal His desires to you etc..., and praying secretly for others etc (which is an expression of love for Him). You should feel His Holy Spirit and peace around you as you do these things...

Caleb.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Many people deal with blasphemous thoughts they talk about it on youtube under "blasphemous thoughts".
With MUCH PRAYER (lot of prayer) , fasting, and getting hands laid on you by Spirit filled people those thoughts do go away.
This link should help.
The Secrets of The Gospel: How to overcome fear of Matt 12:31-32! <--- link here

Upvote 0