• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Unwanted thoughts about serving the devil

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any advice for my current ocd obsessive thoughts? They happen when ever I try to read my Bible or pray. For example if im praying I'll get a thought that I'm talking to the enemy instead of God even though it's not true. Or "what if the place Im praying the enemy is standing in front of me?" kind of thoughts. If I'm trying to read my Bible I'll get a thought. "If you continue this sentence/paragraph/dont jump here there everywhere, you'll become demon possesed. These thoughts are very disturbing. And I know logically its spiritual warfare but with my ocd it feels so strong fear of what it it happens. Please pray for me

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God be with you friend

If you are filled with the Holy Spirit you can command Evil to leave you when those thoughts arrive. I sometimes get horrible thoughts and I say

”leave me evil spirits for I walk in the name of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit dwells in me and you have no place here”

I then pray and ask for protection followed by saying I love Jesus 10 times in my head…..then go back to what I was doing, it works for me. I recognise that it might not be the same for you but the point is that Evil is already defeated, you/the Holy Spirit has the power of God to apprehend and remove, therefore You have control.

Turn the tables, let the thoughts of Gods power, armour, love, care, beauty consume you and banish the spiritual attacks.

Psalm 91:1-6, Proverbs 19:23 for words of protection

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any advice for my current ocd obsessive thoughts? They happen when ever I try to read my Bible or pray. For example if im praying I'll get a thought that I'm talking to the enemy instead of God even though it's not true. Or "what if the place Im praying the enemy is standing in front of me?" kind of thoughts. If I'm trying to read my Bible I'll get a thought. "If you continue this sentence/paragraph/dont jump here there everywhere, you'll become demon possesed. These thoughts are very disturbing. And I know logically its spiritual warfare but with my ocd it feels so strong fear of what it it happens. Please pray for me
This is a common type of obsession, and I have had a similar one. What kind of help are you getting for your OCD, or have you gotten in the past?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Any advice for my current ocd obsessive thoughts? They happen when ever I try to read my Bible or pray. For example if im praying I'll get a thought that I'm talking to the enemy instead of God even though it's not true.
So you know it's not true so continue on what you're doing. I will say this though. It can be very possible Satan or his forces can hear, see you pray....So what? Just declare Glory to God I'm before the throne of God's grace in the name of Jesus and he's watching and listening to my prayers.....Good angels of God are around me too!
Or "what if the place Im praying the enemy is standing in front of me?" kind of thoughts. If I'm trying to read my Bible I'll get a thought. "If you continue this sentence/paragraph/dont jump here there everywhere, you'll become demon possesed.
You just focus on praising God. The Lord inhabits the praises of his people in other words his Spirit comes into manifestation when you do so. He is actually everywhere present you can be at peace to know that but his presence will manifest itself in the feeling sense. And you need to embrace a victory mental state.

You submit yourself to God and resist the devil it says HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU! James 4:7 He'll be the one who is jumping here there and everywhere just to get away from you.
These thoughts are very disturbing.
When you rise up and tell the devil he's under your feet because Jesus is your Lord, and you have the precious blood of Jesus and the Name of Jesus you're the one who will make him disturbed. And instead of you thinking you're on the defensive think offence......because you have the greater one in you Jesus Christ, the Father God, the Holy Spirit and the good angels around you. Say these things, declare these things and do it with all boldness. Instead of you having fear or the devil consider In Christ you're going to put fear in him. Next to God he's a speck of dust.

Upvote 0