Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Christian do not go to war, He starts wars:-

Matthew 5:44-45
However, I [Jesus] say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens. . .

This He does not do so so he is not a son of the Father so he is against Christ thus one of the anitchrists!

I think thats a bit of a sweeping statement - so in your view no-one who has served in the Armed Forces is a Christian and in fact they are all antichrists? What about extremely devout people like Oliver Cromwell, Stonewall Jackson etc. Did Jesus tell the Roman centurions he came into contact with to get out of the army. I have no problem with people being pacifists if thats where their faith leads them but Jesus also talked about obeying the authorities and them holding the sword for a reason.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My point is you want to believe it? I have no problem with that. But if you tell me it's necessary for me to believe it then I'm sorry, we're going to have to disagree on it. :wave:
tulc(needs more coffee) :sigh:

So you prefer to pick the parts of Scripture which you believe are true and leave the rest out. Okay. Does it matter to you that Jesus is the Word? Do you think that Jesus would lie? Just curious about your motivation and wondering how you will feel when you find out that you were wrong? As I said, just because you don't believe in it doesn't make it not real. I am just trying to understand your thinking: how you would choose to believe most of the Bible but not the parts that seem to be impossible or too far-fetched. Please help me understand because when you submit your life to Christ, I would assume that you would accept His Word as true. I often go about each day with a false assurance that Jesus won't come today or tonight. But I know that one day He will come for His church. I can't explain why I think it won't happen tonight. Because it could happen tonight. Can you site a Scripture verse which says the Rapture won't happen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bethesda

Sep 11, 2012
✟8,601.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
But Jesus told us there would be signs - why wouldn't He want us to look for them? Besides this, we are not to take the mark of the Beast - in order to avoid doing so, we must be alert. We are told several times in Scripture to be awake and to watch and not to be deceived - I believe so that we will see the signs and not be fooled by the Antichrist, and the other Antichrists that have already come who were also deceptive. I'm not sure one who is close to the Lord would be deceived, but I think it's b/c those who are close to Him are very much awake and so dead to the world and its Satan-dominated deceptions that it would be easy to tell who the Antichrist is.

Anyway, that said, I concur that Blair is a prime candidate. In today's news in was announced that Tony Blair could be the EUs next president. I can't post a link as a new member, but anyone could easily pull up an article.

I almost never go in the internet - I saw that in the news and found it compelling - thought I'd see if anyone else is seeing what I am about Blair. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Bless you~

I'm struggling to see how being President of the EU puts him in a position of much power. from what people are saying the original OP revised his views to Sarkozy and then other people say that Blair is just one of the Antichrists. Of course millenialist views have a long tradition going back to at least the 16th-17th century. I imagine in the 1930s Hitler with his views on the Jews etc was a prime candidate esp when the Germans decided to try and conquer the Middle East. Of course the thing is that everyone in the last 2012 years who has passed away has come to judgement anyway so the point about whether its something that people should spend a lot of time looking out for is a good one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's hard for me to think of Tony Blair persecuting believers. I could see Obama doing it, but not Tony Blair. That would be a real shock. Doesn't Blair really love his wife? The antichrist is supposed to not care much for women. I think Blair would have to go through a complete personality change, though he was a good buddy of Dubya. I don't know. I just hope I'll recognize him if I'm still alive when he arrives.

Upvote 0

Bethesda

Sep 11, 2012
✟8,601.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
MountainFire77,

"...one world religion united so that all faiths can be gathered together into a new greater belief system and become one."

This united greater belief system already exists... it is the belief in freedom of rights and freedom of religion. This belief dictates that each has the right to serve his own desires, his own religion, etc. This belief accepts and protects all "religions" as long as each one of them respects and acknowledges the rights of the other religions and beliefs.

This global universal belief makes Christ irrelevant as the Only True Way of Life and denies the Father's preeminence as the One and Only True God.

Mr. Blair is working to advance this belief via the promotion of interfaith relations. He is acting as one of many anti-christs, because he places his belief in freedom of rights above that of the True God and Christ, making them into a religion amongst, and on an equal footing, as other religions...this is blasphemy.

I do not believe that Mr. Blair is the 8th of the 7th head , the last beast power (the lamb speaking as the dragon) because he does not have the global presence,power, and leadership required.

If you look at the accomplishments, words, and leadership (as leader of the free world) of President Obama you will see that he is more likely to fit the shoes of the "anti-christ". He controls the most powerful army and leads the most powerful economy. He has also outlined his vision for freedom of rights in his 2009 UN speech, in which he clearly pledges his committment to establishing the belief in freedom of rights and universal values as the "international law". The words in this speech have moved the people in the middle east to cry out for freedom of rights and to remove their rulers. These same words will force Israel to accept peace with the Palestinians.
These words will also establish Jerusalem as the universal city of man's peace, as the city of universal values and freedom of rights, as the city of one common interfaith god.

I hope that this will give you additional insight.

I pray that you will stand and confess Christ as the Son of the One and Only True God.

Thing is though - if you don't agree with universal human rights etc - what do you want - a state Theocracy that forces people to believe (which is not true faith). What do you do with all these people of other faiths or no faith - practically - lock them up? Its a sad state of affairs when someone seems to be blamed for causing people to rise up against dictatorships - were things better when the West propped up people like Mubarak and his kleptocracy. And peace in Palestine - if such plans are frustrated by say Obama losing is that a good or bad thing?

Upvote 0

CGDoc

Nov 19, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
As rockets fly between Israel and the Gaza and as the IDF prepares to a ground battle in the Gaza, who is in Jerusalem today with Shimone Peres trying to broker a Peace Agreement? Who claims to be a converted Catholic yet disagree's with Rome on vital moral issues such as abortion and gay marriages. Who for their entire life has be a devout leftist? Who has a Faith Foundation where the ultimate goal is to unite all the world religions?

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thing is though - if you don't agree with universal human rights etc - what do you want - a state Theocracy that forces people to believe (which is not true faith). What do you do with all these people of other faiths or no faith - practically - lock them up? Its a sad state of affairs when someone seems to be blamed for causing people to rise up against dictatorships - were things better when the West propped up people like Mubarak and his kleptocracy. And peace in Palestine - if such plans are frustrated by say Obama losing is that a good or bad thing?

Um, um, did you say that plans for peace in Palestine could be frustrated by Obama losing, as in, Obama has plans for peace in Palestine? Can you tell me what he's done toward that? All I see him doing is hating on Benjamin Netanyahu. There won't be any peace until the antichrist signs a peace agreement. If a 7yr. peace agreement is signed, we'll know who the antichrist is.

Also, has anything really changed since Mubarak was overthrown? The people will still get nothing. Any aid they receive will go to the leaders and to militants and to purchase weapons to be used against Israel.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As rockets fly between Israel and the Gaza and as the IDF prepares to a ground battle in the Gaza, who is in Jerusalem today with Shimone Peres trying to broker a Peace Agreement? Who claims to be a converted Catholic yet disagree's with Rome on vital moral issues such as abortion and gay marriages. Who for their entire life has be a devout leftist? Who has a Faith Foundation where the ultimate goal is to unite all the world religions?

I can't see it. He's probably working for the world religion but I just don't think he's the antichrist. Half of Catholics disagree with the Vatican's stance on abortion and gay marriage. They claim to believe in the infallibility of the Pope and yet they don't pay any attention to the rules of the Church. So his disagreements with the Church don't really mean anything. And if he's in Jerusalem trying to broker a peace agreement, he needs to move over to Gaza and put pressure on them. Israel is willing to have peace. It's the Palestinians who never agree with the peace plans put on the table. They won't agree to anything because they want Jerusalem and they want to be in a position to completely destroy the Jews.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What has that got to do with anything?

The OP was 98% certain that Blair would be the first President of the EU, that his first act would be to sign a 7 year peace deal and all this was due to have happened 3 or 4 years ago. He got quite annoyed when I suggested it might not happen. When it didn't, he disappeared from this board, changed his website to name Sarkozy as the ac and then took it down altogether.

All the circumstances and "proofs" that he offered were not that at all. Also, as I pointed out then, an ANTIChrirst is ANTI Christ - not a Catholic, someone who prays and leads prayer meetings and talks about his faith in God.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What has that got to do with anything?

The OP was 98% certain that Blair would be the first President of the EU, that his first act would be to sign a 7 year peace deal and all this was due to have happened 3 or 4 years ago. He got quite annoyed when I suggested it might not happen. When it didn't, he disappeared from this board, changed his website to name Sarkozy as the ac and then took it down altogether.

All the circumstances and "proofs" that he offered were not that at all. Also, as I pointed out then, an ANTIChrirst is ANTI Christ - not a Catholic, someone who prays and leads prayer meetings and talks about his faith in God.

Well, I'm not sure Antichrist will not be a Catholic or a Protestant. Satan can disguise himself to be an angel of light. And even Satan knows there is a God. Antichrist I'm sure, will have some religious association in his past, maybe Judaism, who knows? But I think that at this time in history, most of the world is not ready to worship an atheist. That could change as the U.S. elected a president who really has no Judeo-Christian values, and it seems we are on a downward spiral spiritually so in the future people may accept an atheist as a world ruler. But until the Baby Boomers die out, I think that most people of their generation have some religious association in the present or in their past and it's expected by them to have a leader with Judeo-Christian values.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HiLo

Nov 9, 2012
✟1,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

I am new to this forum as such and just searching through some topics and see quite a few related to the end and i will share my considerable compelling view that Tony Blair is going to be the antichrist. It's beyond doubt for me now. I first had thoughts it could be him about 10 months ago but it was just 90% speculation. Now its 95% certainty.

Let me explain

First of all what alarmed me to the fact that he is the man of sin and a candidate was that after he left the British Parliament as Prime Minister he was appointed middle-east envoy for peace which we all know the antichrist must bring peace to the middle-east

Blair appointed Middle East envoy - google it

Secondly then not to long afterwards Blair converts to catholicism which the antichrist many agree has to have ties with as the catholic church will play a important part in the coming lie

Tony Blair joins Catholic Church - google it

Thirdly he has purchased a palace in Jerusalem for him and his family to live in and he is also of European descent

Blair to inspect Jerusalem palace as home for his peace envoy role - google it

Then he is the most likely candidate to be president of the new EU constitution which will come into effect very soon despite Ireland's rejection of the treaty as Brussels is pushing for

Tony Blair could be EU President - google it

Then he is well mannered and people look up to him and a man who is smart and understands riddles i expect and he has just been recently nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize

Then

Blair could be next World Bank president - google it
Which would give him standing to use this to bring about a one monetary system spoken of in Revelation 13

Then most recently he has set up a new faith foundation in which it is his goal "to tackle global poverty, challenge conflict and unite the world's religions". A one world religion united so that all faiths can be gathered together into a new greater belief system and become one.

Check it out...there's a speech by him on the bbc link

Blair launches faith foundation
google it

Does anything here make anyone think that it could be him? he is fulfilling all that is required of the antichrist and is progressing even saying in his new faith venture

In an earlier interview with Time magazine, Mr Blair, who is now a peace envoy to the Middle East, said the foundation was "how I want to spend the rest of my life".

You are aware the bible warns of getting involved in such myths, right? You are aware that nothing you've said can be backed up with scripture, right?

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are aware the bible warns of getting involved in such myths, right? You are aware that nothing you've said can be backed up with scripture, right?

Well, the things he said can be backed up in Scripture. Antichrist is supposed to come from the reborn Holy Roman Empire, which is the EU. If you look at the EU flag it is fashioned after a Catholic picture of Mary with the twelve stars around her head.

There will be a one world religion, most likely a mixture of religions but headed by the Catholic Church. The final Pope, the one after the current one will be the last. He will also be evil. If you look up the prophecies of St. Malachi (the priest), he saw a vision of each pope and has described them perfectly. The next one will be the last.

Scripture doesn't say that the antichrist will live in Jerusalem. He will make a peace treaty with Israel for 7yrs and then break it after 3 1/2.

Could he be an Arab? The reason why I ask is Antichrist will behead believers. Who else beheads people? It's difficult for me to see Tony Blair having people beheaded. There could be an Arab who comes from the EU. Many think in order for the Jews to trust him he'd have to be Jewish. To be honest, I think the Jews are very liberal and willing to do just about anything (unfortunately) in order to live in peace.

Scripture says the antichrist will suffer a mortal head wound and that is when Satan will enter him so anyone could be Antichrist. And I have no problem at all with people being snookered by him. After all, if they couldn't see through Obama, how on earth will they see through Antichrist?

Nah, I don't think it's Tony Blair. But much of what was said is Scriptural.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Hilo, Mountainfire started this thread over 4 years ago; nothing that he said would happen, did. He never did give any kind of explanation or apology, and left the forum a while ago.

In addition, there've been a number of candidates for the antichrist both before and since. There'll no doubt be more in the years to come.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Hilo, Mountainfire started this thread over 4 years ago; nothing that he said would happen, did. He never did give any kind of explanation or apology, and left the forum a while ago.

In addition, there've been a number of candidates for the antichrist both before and since. There'll no doubt be more in the years to come.

Well, there are many who are prophecy experts who have stated what is to happen. Just because these things have not happened yet, doesn't mean they were wrong, unless they predicted a date.

To me, no explanation or apology is needed because prophecy hasn't been fulfilled yet and just because he left doesn't mean that he left in shame that his predictions didn't come true yet. No one knows who the antichrist is but those of us who are really interested I bet, have our own ideas, right or wrong. He just stated his idea openly.

I don't think that anyone can be sure until the 7yr. peace treaty is signed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, there are many who are prophecy experts who have stated what is to happen. Just because these things have not happened yet, doesn't mean they were wrong, unless they predicted a date.

Well he did, kind of. He said that Blair would be the first president of the EU, that a treaty would be signed soon afterwards and it would probably be early 2009, if not end of 2008. (May have remebered that wrong, but some kind of sequence and time scale was mentioned. And it would all start after Blair became the first EU president.)

I wouldn't have expected the OP to apologise because the "prophecy" was not fulfilled, but because he was quite fierce towards anyone (eg me) who dared to suggest that he might be wrong.

Upvote 0

HiLo

Nov 9, 2012
✟1,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, the things he said can be backed up in Scripture. Antichrist is supposed to come from the reborn Holy Roman Empire, which is the EU. If you look at the EU flag it is fashioned after a Catholic picture of Mary with the twelve stars around her head.

^_^

There will be a one world religion, most likely a mixture of religions but headed by the Catholic Church. The final Pope, the one after the current one will be the last. He will also be evil. If you look up the prophecies of St. Malachi (the priest), he saw a vision of each pope and has described them perfectly. The next one will be the last.

^_^^_^

Scripture doesn't say that the antichrist will live in Jerusalem. He will make a peace treaty with Israel for 7yrs and then break it after 3 1/2.

Could he be an Arab? The reason why I ask is Antichrist will behead believers. Who else beheads people? It's difficult for me to see Tony Blair having people beheaded. There could be an Arab who comes from the EU. Many think in order for the Jews to trust him he'd have to be Jewish. To be honest, I think the Jews are very liberal and willing to do just about anything (unfortunately) in order to live in peace.

^_^^_^^_^

Scripture says the antichrist will suffer a mortal head wound and that is when Satan will enter him so anyone could be Antichrist. And I have no problem at all with people being snookered by him. After all, if they couldn't see through Obama, how on earth will they see through Antichrist?

^_^^_^^_^^_^

Nah, I don't think it's Tony Blair. But much of what was said is Scriptural.

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Only what's actually in scripture was said, but that has NOTHING to do with your speculation and witchcraft/sorcery predictions. I also see you choose to ignore the bibles warning about spreading such myths. Nothing you've presented is rational and it only serves the enemy to spread such fear and lies.

Upvote 0

HiLo

Nov 9, 2012
✟1,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well he did, kind of. He said that Blair would be the first president of the EU, that a treaty would be signed soon afterwards and it would probably be early 2009, if not end of 2008. (May have remebered that wrong, but some kind of sequence and time scale was mentioned. And it would all start after Blair became the first EU president.)

I wouldn't have expected the OP to apologise because the "prophecy" was not fulfilled, but because he was quite fierce towards anyone (eg me) who dared to suggest that he might be wrong.

Oh thanks. Didn't see this was so old. There's no shortage of nuts who buy into this nonsense. "Like a thief in the night."

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
^_^

^_^^_^

^_^^_^^_^

^_^^_^^_^^_^

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Only what's actually in scripture was said, but that has NOTHING to do with your speculation and witchcraft/sorcery predictions. I also see you choose to ignore the bibles warning about spreading such myths. Nothing you've presented is rational and it only serves the enemy to spread such fear and lies.

I guess you haven't read the Book of Daniel, the Book of Matthew and Revelation. Go ahead and laugh. You are displaying your lack of knowledge. Witchcraft? Sorcery? Those are very serious accusations and show a desperate need to belittle me for my opinions. I am a born again Christian with a sincere interest in Eschatology. You seem to know nothing about that topic.

Upvote 0

Bethesda

Sep 11, 2012
✟8,601.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I am starting a list of possible Tony's that could be the Anti-Christ:

1. Tony the Tiger
2. Tony Bennett
3. Antonio Banderas
4. Anthony Hopkins
5. Tony Hawk

Whilst I would disagree with some of your posts on other subjects (and we can't all agree on everything anyway) I think you are spot on with this.

Upvote 0