Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Am I correct in assuming that you think i should have told the truth?
Colossians 3:9-10 (KJV)
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Rahab was just stepping into the faith, and the 'old man' was not yet fully changed... and put off...

the midwives were heathen, and perhaps never put off the 'old man'...

the lying spirits who instigated lies in false prophets are not ones I want to follow their example either...

God found good in Rahab saving the spies, in the midwives saving babies lives, in Ahab dying and being gone for refusing to listen to the true prophet Miciaiah, and choosing to listen to false prophets...

but, as a Christian, I choose a higher standard than that... and the N.T. is quite clear... 'lie not'... put off the old man.. put on the new...

the Spirit of Truth sets a high standard...

if some want to choose a lower one, that is between you and God...

if I were choosing a new church, and the pastor said 'some lies are good'... I would not know when to believe him/her... if your mate said, I will be honest unless there is a 'good reason' not to... would you feel as confident in their words?

Christianity is different than any other religion... one of those differences is we do not follow the 'father of lies' any longer...

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Am I correct in assuming that you think i should have told the truth?

I am saying that the Bible teaches us not to lie... sometimes, in fact often, I do not tell the truth, but I do not lie... sometimes nothing is said... the answer can be deferred to telling them to ask their doctor, or give an answer that skirts the issue, changes the subject, etc.

we do not know enough about your situation to help much further... whether you were asked if you like their home baked pecan pie, and did not want to hurt their feelings, or asked if they were going to die and did not want to be the one to tell them, or 'what'???

we are told not to lie at all... and the Holy Spirit is a Gentleman, and does not want to offend or hurt... so He gives us answers that are truthful, or silent... and never inspires lies'.

It is amazing to me, that some claim to give prophetic words from God, interpretation of tongues, praise God with tongues of angels, but cannot get a Truthful answer from the Same Holy Spirit for whatever the question.

Inspiration gave the Bible writers the exact words God wanted in the Bible, and we can give the exact words yet, that God would have us speak. The Spirit of Truth never inspires a lie, or would have to change His name, and not claim to be 'Holy' any longer... But I have not gotten any confirmation that the Holy Spirit got His message for us from the 'father of lies'.

Upvote 0

SalvationAtYourFingertips

Jun 26, 2013
✟7,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Truth is, like Rahab, you had a desire not to sin and help out a patient. This you did in faith and was counted as righteousness. Like Rahab, you helped out your person/people in need through a lie, which was sin. However, God is very happy with you right now, because you had a desire to do what was right and that came from Him.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Truth is, like Rahab, you had a desire not to sin and help out a patient. This you did in faith and was counted as righteousness. Like Rahab, you helped out your person/people in need through a lie, which was sin. However, God is very happy with you right now, because you had a desire to do what was right and that came from Him.

:thumbsup:

:cool:

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Can you please explain ^_^

simple pictures and gestures would be excellent, because I'm really tired and read this a couple times and couldnt work it out

don't say boo boo when boo will do.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mod Hat On
5372130553_2425b09c51.jpg

THIS THREAD HAS UNDERGONE A SMALL CLEAN UP. PLEASE REMEMBER THE RULES, ESPECIALLY FLAMING AND STAYING IN TOPIC. GOD BLESS!
Mod Hat Off

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you please explain ^_^

simple pictures and gestures would be excellent, because I'm really tired and read this a couple times and couldnt work it out
if basic information will do then don't volunteer details.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Unforgettable Fire

May 29, 2008
✟11,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some Christians today are far more judgmental of Rahab's lie than the Bible is, and you'll find people who twist and flip things all around to make it fit into their theological box.

But the fact of the matter is, the Bible says that Rahab was commended for her faith because of what she did, and despite the fact that it makes the legalistic mindset go tilt, a big part of what she did was lie to protect the spies.

:cool:

Another great post.

Upvote 0

The Unforgettable Fire

May 29, 2008
✟11,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everybody for the feedback.

Its still a situation I'm really struggling with, because despite doing everything I can do, it still doesnt feel nearly enough

Do what you feel is right. Don't worry about the rest of it.

Upvote 0