Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
i'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, so please move it if it isn't! :)

k... so... tithing.

we don't do it. and i know that's wrong. i've always watched my parents tithe ever since i can remember, so it's not the way i was raised or anything. i always tithed before i got out of the church. now i'm back, but my husband and i aren't members to any church. so where do we tithe? it's just hard to even think about, isn't it?! that's a LOT of money to just give to the church. i know it's biblical and i've always been taught that you will be rewarded ten-fold for tithing faithfully. but like i said, we don't. any opinions?

timlamb

Senior Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Entiat Washington
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, so please move it if it isn't! :)

k... so... tithing.

we don't do it. and i know that's wrong. i've always watched my parents tithe ever since i can remember, so it's not the way i was raised or anything. i always tithed before i got out of the church. now i'm back, but my husband and i aren't members to any church. so where do we tithe? it's just hard to even think about, isn't it?! that's a LOT of money to just give to the church. i know it's biblical and i've always been taught that you will be rewarded ten-fold for tithing faithfully. but like i said, we don't. any opinions?

First, I suggest you let go of the guilt. The Lord loves a cheerful giver. Second, it is in no way a commandment. Third, the Christian church teaches that all we have belongs to the Lord, all posessions and gifts, and they should all be used for His glory. I don't think the ten percent is as important as what you do with the other ninety.

Dedicate all you have to Him, give to the church, and share what you have as the Lord directs. Pray and be obedient, but give with love.

But, lastly, I have heard many stories of blessings for those who do tithe, I would certainly encourage it. But if you're doing for the blessings it might be the wrong reason and no blessings are deserved.

Upvote 0

billwald

Contributor
Oct 18, 2003
washington state
✟6,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
seremela06:

Thanks for coming on list. These "Christian" lists have people who argue against tithing but refuse to say what they do with their money instead of tithing. I think they keep it for themselves.

BUT You are an excellent witness to the pragmatic results of tithing at least in your family. Did you ever miss a meal or was your family deficient in any other basic human needs (shelter, clothing, meds . . . ) because your parents tithed?

Did you ever feel jealous of the church because your parents tithed?

Did you feel inferior to the other kids because your parents tithed?

Did you miss out on anything important because your parents tithed?

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

k... so... tithing.

We're (my family and I) are in a similar situation.

As part of my work, we move around from country to country a lot. While we move, we change churches, and homes etc etc. This is how we tithe.

We deduct the tithe, and whenever we don't have a church to attend (usually when we arrive in a new country and are still settling in ) we keep it, and ask God to send whoever He want us to help with the tithe our way, or to tell us who we have to help, and we just follow His guidance.

God has never failed to send people our way who He would have us help. It also gives my wife and I a new perspective into how God helps others.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
seremela06:

Thanks for coming on list. These "Christian" lists have people who argue against tithing but refuse to say what they do with their money instead of tithing. I think they keep it for themselves.

BUT You are an excellent witness to the pragmatic results of tithing at least in your family. Did you ever miss a meal or was your family deficient in any other basic human needs (shelter, clothing, meds . . . ) because your parents tithed?

Did you ever feel jealous of the church because your parents tithed?

Did you feel inferior to the other kids because your parents tithed?

Did you miss out on anything important because your parents tithed?

i'm not really 100% sure about what you're trying to say... but the answers to all of your questions are no.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.