Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"hey Andrew and 9Iron there is going to be a healing service in my town "

Cougan, I don't know, I usually stay away from such services. I have been to a few and wasn't impressed. I am not contradicting myself. I do believe in miraculous healings and I do think their are people God uses to heal others. BUT, Jesus said He did nothing of Himself, but HE only did what He saw the Father doing. It is a fine line, I don't think we can just have a healing service and have everyone show up and be healed. Maybe God told this preacher to have such a service I don't know, but I am always skeptical when man starts talking about healing people. ALL of the healings I have seen or known of, came outside a church service. ALL gifts of the Holy Spirit are for GOD's will and purposes, not for us to decide when and where we will operate in such gifts. Hope this makes sense, I have been on a long weekend. I really need some :sleep:

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well I've been to Gospel rallys where salvation is preached plus healing the sick. One was by an Argentinian preacher Carlos Anaconda and another was by Peter Youngren. At the end of the service, they usu pray for the sick (without laying of hands cos too many people). Then later he would ask those who have been healed to go up stage to give testimony. Many were healed. testimony after testimony. I just cant believe all those folks, some with tears in their eyes, were all faking it. Watch the VCD cougan, you'll understnd what i mean here. anyway just go and hear what this preacher has to say.

Upvote 0

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Andrew  
I dont know how you arrived at that conclusion. Perhaps its becos you are being consistent with your theology that the gifts of God to the church was only for a time and for the Apostles alone. so u conclude that only the Apostles in the NT cld get revelation from God or operate in the gifts. that simply is not true.

no, the gifts were not for the apostles alone (*the only way that these gifts could be passed on was either receiving them directly from God or receiving them from the apostles*)- there were other people who had the gifts of the Holy Spirit, this is clearly evident in Acts - but these gifts are no longer here.  That's the point I'm trying to make. 

1. The Bible says God gives gifts to the church. Are we the church still?
2. It is as the Holy Spirit wills, not "when the Apostles pass on".
3. Paul prayed "Eph 1:17* That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:" Now why wld he do this if revelation was only the "privilege" of the 12 Apostles?
4. The annointing within leads and guides you into all truth. How can that be if the whole church has ceased to get any revelation? 5. finally, why do you limit revelation to mean the writing of the Bible? The Bible was not put together until much later.

It would help me out if you would give scripture to back up the points that you're trying to make; we are all in search of understanding the truth, which is God's word - I just like to be able to read support for the things that people say in the Bible, it helps my search.  I think that many times our confusion comes from a different intended definition of the word revelation - which does have several meanings - I will try to write more clearly when I'm using this word. 

b4 u say 'we' here means the 12 Apostles, consider the fact that many others in the church prophesied too/had the gifts of prophecy, eg Agabus. so we cannot be just the apostles. "We" clearly refers to the church, and the church is still around

Yes the church of Christ does still exist, but these gifts are no longer necessary.  I have never met seen or heard of someone who could walk up to a sick person and 100% of the time heal them - I've never seen evidence of anyone being healed by another person at all for that matter.  Does this mean that God can't still do things?  OF COURSE NOT!!!!  Who am I or anyone else to limit our Father, the Almighty, who is, who was, who always shall be.  The point that I am trying to make is that there are no more men with the ability to speak in tounges, prophecy, or use many of the other gifts that were spoken of in the Bible.  The Bible tells us that these gifts have passed because the perfect has arrived.  If anyone thinks that the Bible is not perfect, then we need to open a new thread on that. 

I am going to be out of town after this coming thursday until the following monday - so if I don't get on here to write for a while, that's the reason why. 

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
yes I have Louis. :)

aggie:

"but these gifts are no longer here."
Find a church or Christians who believe that these gifts are "alive & well". And you'll see that they are still here.

"the only way that these gifts could be passed on was either receiving them directly from God or receiving them from the apostles"
That's half true. You receive from God as the Spirit wills. He gives out gifts as he chooses. And he's still does that today.

"It would help me out if you would give scripture to back up the points that you're trying to make;"
Pt 3 came with scripture. Here are the rest:

Ro 11:29* For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Ro 12:6* Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
1Co 12:1* Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
1Co 12:4* Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:9* To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:28* And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31* But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
1Co 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
1Co 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
Eph 4:8* Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Heb 2:4* God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

aggie, if you believe the gifts have ceased, r u going to stamp "expired" in all these verses? And there are many more.

quote"I have never met seen or heard of someone who could walk up to a sick person and 100% of the time heal them"

neither cld Jesus or the Apostles. Rem how Jesus cld do no great miracle in his home town save lays hands on a few cos of their unbelief.

"- I've never seen evidence of anyone being healed by another person at all for that matter."
You need to "get out" more. There is plenty of evidence and testimonies out there. Start going to the right places and meeting the right people and you'll begin to see. In my church, we've had numerous cancer healings and even 2 Aids patients completely healed.

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
I got the VCDs today. I have already watched all of them plus have listened to most of the tape you sent me. I beleive that Andrew has no doubts that he has seen miracles and truely believes he can speak in tongues. I commend him on his zeal and effort to try and show me what he believes deep within his heart. He did not have to send me these disks and tape, which he had to spend some of his money on. I will finish up listening to that tape and then I will give my honest opinion of what I saw in these disk. Again, thank you for your effort Andrew.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
quote: "then you would know that right now, he is one of the guys they talk about in the bible that God says to, "depart from me, I never knew you."

Well if he's born again (which in my opinion he is becos I know what he confesses about the Christ), then No he wont be one of these guys becos God would have known him the day he was born again. Besides that's betw God and him.

"I'd like to know about those AIDS healings. Can they contact me please?"

As I've told cougan, you can go to my church's website, get in touch with the Pastor and ask for info on this. The names of these guys are not told to the church for obvious reasons (stigma).
------------

cougan, no need to thank me for it was truly my pleasure. but note that I cant convince you, neither can some VCDs, the Lord will have to convince you himself. I leave that in his hands. I just do what i can on my part.

anyway, I hope you and your wife enjoy the VCDs, if not for the healings, at least for the souls saved/lives changed. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
The healing of the people who had cancer,and Aids is a great thing if wholly true, (which many times, ends up being not true)
1 Thessalonians 5
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
(KJV)
If so, Praise be to God for it, and I would love to hear from them also, maybe they could come on this forum?

But in most cases people are not running to the Lord for there healing, they run to a person (faith healer) who has placed himself between them and God. So my question is this?
Who is there faith in ? God or the Faith healer. HMMM
Does God need a man to heal?

Does God need a packed stadium of 20,000 to move him to compassion?

When Jesus healed he healed wholly 100 percent right then and there, he didn't have to wait for Blood to start pumping in a limb IN TIME, or for the healed person to go rehab.
I guess what upsets me is there are many false prophets and faith healers who pull off these fake healings and then give excusses on why it didn't last. Or the person is getting better by rehab or natural means and we all except this powerless healing as from God . Sounds a little like what Paul wrote to Timothy
2 Timothy 3
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a FORM OF GODLINESS, but denying the POWER thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
(KJV)
Alot of the people running to the faith healers could be summed up in verse 7 there ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
And they except less than what God could give them.

And as for the so called "Faith healers"
Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
(KJV)
So does Gods still heal today? My answer is yes. but more times than not, Apostate "christians" seek out Jannes and Jambres and there false miracles, while God is left Watching and waiting for us to seek only him.

Upvote 0

9-iron

Football Fan
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
then you would know that right now, he is one of the guys they talk about in the bible that God says to, "depart from me, I never knew you."

WOW, that is quite a statement. It is one thing to say his teachings are false, but to judge his salvation. I would stay away from such comments. If you have a problem with a minister I would just stay clear of them and warn others of your concern, but to judge someone's salvation is NOT our place. As a moderator on this board that was a poor descision to make such a judgement.

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Ok now for my report. I must say Andrew you will not be pleased with my report. I did everthing you told me to. I prayed as I always do for God show me if what I beleive is in error. The last thing I want to do is to misrepresent God's word. The 1st thing I want you to do is put yourself in my shoes. You beleive the that the bible teaches that the miracles ceased when once the word was fully revealed. You have never seen a miracle healing that you could confirm. Now when you watch the vcds you sent me you have to look at them logically and cross examine them with the bible miracels of the 1st century.

The first commerical made miracle story of the man being raised from the dead. It was very cool to see that huge sea of people in 1 place. But I read how this happens. They send out flyers and advertise saying that you will see miracles there and that you can be healed. So tons of people will show up for such an event especially in a 3rd world country like Africa. The story is told in a very majestic way. They start out with music and scenes of clouds and lakes. Then they get into the story. How this Pastor was on his way to deliver a gift and ends up crashing into a pillar. They say his chest was crushed from the steering wheel. He goes to 1 doctor but the Pastor want to go to his personal doctor. So they leave and head to the 2nd doctor. Well, he dies on the way supposedly and the 2nd doctor his personal doctor says he checked him for a heart beat and found his eyes dialated. So he writes a death certificate and they take him to the morgue. The people their say that they get him ready to be buried. The insert the text (emblom). Now in America when we embolm someone we drain all their blood and fill them full of fermildihide. That is not how they do it Africa. They basically rub their skin down and put cotton in their nose and put some sort of wrapping on their legs. They do not drain them of their blood. Next his wife thinks she has a strong impression from God for her to take her husband to the crusade. She thinks the anointing is going to be so strong there that it will bring her husband back. He has been dead supposedly for 3 days. They bring him in a coffin and they take him out of it because they didnt want to scare the children. They laid him on the table and they noticed he had started breathing very slowly. This all happend off stage. Now They never showed any visable footage of him being dead. They did show him slowing breathing for a couple of seconds. He did not have a shirt on. You could see his chest. Guess what their were no signs whatsoever of his chest being crushed. His chest looked fine with no bruises or anything. Another thing is that it took a while before he came back to life all the way. They had to move his neck and massage his hands before he came to life all the way. They also prayed and sang songs during this time. Now compare that to the people in the bible that were raised from the dead. There wasnt a time span it was instantly done. Then the wildest part was what this man claimed to have seen on the other side of death. He said 2 angels took him when he died to 1 angel. This angel told him he was going to see Paradise. He saw what he thought was angels but the angel told him that it was the saints that had died. They were white in a apparal and anything they did it was at the same time. Then the Pastor said he wanted to go in but the angel said not yet he wanted to show him the mansion. He said they did not fly they were just instatly there in a twinkle of an eye. He could not describe with words what the mansion that Jesus has prepared looks like. He said the flowers look like Gold. Ahh what a nice touch. Then the angle shows him hell. He says the gate was huge and above it was written gate to hell. There the people looked like we do on earth but they were in pain. He said he did not see any fire but the people looked like fire. Ok, whatever that means. They were calling out to him save us get us out of here or something like that. Anyways the angel tells him that the rich man, (in the story of Lazerus and the rich man) is getting his request and that the pastor is getting a second chance at life. Remember how the rich man wanted Lazerus to be sent back to preach to his brothers and it was denied. Well, the decission has been overturned according to the Pastor because he is now the granted request of the rich man. The Pastor has come back to warn us that the time is near. By the way they showed his Mercedez that he had the wreck in. It hardly had any damage, the fender was bent it some. I sure did'nt look like a bad enough accident to kill someone. Notice all the things he described in his out of body experience. They all came from the bible. For instance he described the gate of hell being huge. You have the verse in the bible saying how narrow the gate is to heaven but how wide the gate is to hell. Just think this man is already making enough money from his ministry to afford that expensive car. Well think about how much more money he will make because of this made up story. He will have tons more people in his sevices which means more money for him. This whole thing would be easy to fake and pull off. Just wave a little money in front of the doctor for instance and he will say anything. I don't think that every single person was payed off just the ones that really needed to collaborate the story. The Doctor the Mortician would definatly have to be ones on the list to be paid. Now none of the other people would have to because they belive that this man was dead. The people at the crusaid that looked in the coffin and saw a man laying in there being still would assume he was dead. The people that took him out of the cofin probably thoght he was dead. Then when the see him start breathing they think he was comeing to life. I can make myself very stiff and appear dead just as this Pator was doing. You never see any footage of this before hand where you can watch his stomac to see if it moves. You only see a brief view of him after he started breathing. Again there is nothing that you can confirm here. This wasnt a miracle but just a hoax in my opinion. I would beleive this man was raised from the dead if they had shown him before hand how his stomac wasnt moving or someone jabing a needle into his leg and he doesnt react to it. But this just did not happen. So much for the dead being raised.

The 2nd one you sent me with the man doing the healing at Kena Africa had many problems. Not one time did they show the miracles happeing. They would come on the stage and he would say she couldnt hear now she can. He had an African translator and you had no idea what the traslator was telling these people to do. There was not 1 single healing that was done where you could see it.

The 3rd one was pretty dry. The man spoke for an hour about this one lady healing. She says she had a metal hip and that leg was 1 and 1/2 inches longer than the other one. They show the healing service and she get up and starts walking like she couldnt before. She show her knees how they are even now because grew her good leg to match her bad leg. Again you did not see legs before and you did not visable see her leg grow. Once again another case of something that can not be confirmed. I must say I was a bit disappointed because I thought I might see a visual miralce on one of these disk but they just were not there. You will never see a visual miralce caught on tape. You know out of the 36 recorded miracles that Jesus did only 5 of them were internal healings. I think you shoud be very skeptical if the only healing that are done are internal ones. It easy to believe Jesus internal miracles because he did so many external miracles. The longest a miracle ever took in the bible was noted a being within that same hour. Trying to use the 10 leapers as proff is weak because it does not state how far they went before the one came back or how long it was. It could of been 10min or less. When they were healed they were heald instantly it didnt take days or months. If it doesnt happen instantly its not a bibical miracle.

Now I must say you have a very entertaining preacher. He speaks fairly good English and cracks jokes from time to time. I find it very strage that he claimed to have a revelation from God that women should not have pain during child birth. Less than 1% of women experiece such a thing. It is very rare and yes it happens to non christians. He says that were are from the curse of the law and all those curses listed their. He said we should not get sick or have diseases or pains if we truely belive that Jesus has removed us from these things. One curse he failed to mention in his sermon. That is the curse of death. So acording to his logic if we are faithfull then we should not physically die.

Well, maybe I will see real Miracle on Sunday when I goto the healing service. I will report what I see.

Check out these following websites that deal with Benny Hinn and the likes.
http://fakefaithhealers.com/
http://www.tennessean.com/sii/00/04/22/hinn22.shtml
http://www.daveandangel.com/Library/HealingQuestion.html

Heres the place that will give 1,100,000 to see a real miracle.
http://www.bible.ca/tongues-1100000-dollar-miracle-challenge.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, cougan, I appreciate your efforts. At least you gave it a shot. I leave things to you and God now. Perhaps you'll come to know him as Jehovah Rapha someday. I really hope you do.

As for me and my household, we'll continue to enjoy the healings and blessings and testimonies.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Louis,

As I said previously, you can go to my church's website, get in touch with the leaders and ask them about the 2 persons who were healed of Aids.
http://www.newcreation.org.sg/home.html

I think this happened some time ago b4 I joined the church. They have certainly shared their testimonies but you dont expect them to tell the whole nation cos of the stigma. I think one of them even went back to the Aids hospital/centre where he was from to witness to other aids patients.

"just remember NEVER to put them before God's will"
Not b4 not after but simply inline. I know what God's will is regarding healing.

BTW just got back my medical results today for a comprehensive medical checkup done last week (sponsored by company) and everything is fine. To quote the words of the doctor, "You are in very good health."

Praise the Lord who healeth me!

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"As I said previously, you can go to my church's website, get in touch with the leaders and ask them about the 2 persons who were healed of Aids. "

Why can't you contact them and ask them to e-mail me? I thought you knew then and could vouch for them and this being a "real" healing?

"I know what God's will is regarding healing. "

Nope, I don't think you do. ;)

Amen on your healing! Just don't be depressed if you get a cold tomorrow, or think that you're not as faithful if you do.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
quote "Why can't you contact them and ask them to e-mail me? I thought you knew then and could vouch for them and this being a "real" healing? "

I dont know them. there are 7,000 + ppl in my church. and I've already said many times, their names are not revealed. I dont believe my Pastor lies about such things, and I dont have a problem with healing. So the onus is on you to find out yourself. Me vouch for them. Even if i knew them, what makes me think you'd believe me?

"I know what God's will is regarding healing. "

Nope, I don't think you do.

It's quite clear lately who's of unsound mind and reasoning.

"Just don't be depressed if you get a cold tomorrow, or think that you're not as faithful if you do."

again you dont seem to learn anything and I seriously doubt your capability as a senior moderator.

I've taken the discussion to the non-denominational thread on cessationism.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.