What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone ever have enough of it? Or does anyone have any they'd like to spare? :sorry: :D

Seriously though, I'm pretty good at time management and prioritizing it seems that lately I just do not have enough time in the day to get everything done that I need to or want to get done. I usually end up feeling like I'm running a 100 different directions and not truly accomplishing anything.

Anyone else relate? Have you just learned to let go what you can't get done? Or do you drive yourself crazy trying to accomplish everything?

Reactions: Allen1901

PaulDavid

NOOB
Aug 7, 2009
Zombies. Yes, Zombies.
✟15,735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There is never enough time in the day and truth be told a busy life is one of the devils tools of distraction. We get so busy with "life" that we do not take time out for Christ. You start by skipping wednesday services.. then sunday services.. then there is not enough time to read the Bible.. Can't bless the food we have to be out the door in two minutes...

That is a battle we all fight and we overcome it by lining out our tasks for the day and including time for God in that schedule :)

It is important not to lose focus lest we be overrun.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does anyone ever have enough of it? Or does anyone have any they'd like to spare? :sorry: :D

Seriously though, I'm pretty good at time management and prioritizing it seems that lately I just do not have enough time in the day to get everything done that I need to or want to get done. I usually end up feeling like I'm running a 100 different directions and not truly accomplishing anything.

Anyone else relate? Have you just learned to let go what you can't get done? Or do you drive yourself crazy trying to accomplish everything?

I've learned to let go and relax a bit. There is folly in this if I let it go too much...but you have to remember also that you could die tommorrow and try to live each day as the gift you can never do over.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I am coming to realise that I will never be able to do all that I want to do especially with my addiction to sleeping! lol but I also know that life is to be enjoyed. Sometimes we get so caught in doing things that we forget that we also have to be happy in what we do. I know it is hard but I am a work in progress. I am going to get there somedey.

Upvote 0

taku60

Aug 27, 2009
✟564.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its all about not having to many iorns in the fire, pick a goal or 2 to accomplish and dont take on anything else until thoes are done (reading the whole bible, taking a class, etc) I have found that managing my iorns in the fire keeps me more productive, not just managing my time. Its also important to avoid over reacting to non fruitful things and having boundries when you are in the zone, most of the time others dont really need your time they just want it, its important to distingush whats nessicary and whats not, in my case my wife and I make sure to dedicate an hour or so for adult "play time" because if you dont your marriage will fall apart, dinner and then break to work on our long term goals, their needs to be boudries set when you are in the bed room or in the office reading, without thoes boundries you will never accomplish anything meaningful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Right now I'm trying to manage my time between...

-Being at school every day (12 hours some days)
-Doing homework/projects/studying for all my classes outside of the time I spend in class
-Interning
-Volunteering
-Planning a wedding
-Fitness routine
-Quality time with family
-Quality time with fiance
-Time with friends
-Time at church/bible study

(note that obviously these things are not listed in order of importance)

And soon I will be adding more to that :doh: This week I've been forced to neglect time with friends, fitness, and bible study. I just can't hang out with people or do Bible studies late at night anymore. I've been getting up at 4-5 am some days and by the time 6pm comes around I'm ready to go home and take a nap. And then of course when I wake up from the nap the stupid gym is closed (it irritates me that they are not open 24 hours although I'm not sure I would have the energy to go anyway).

Upvote 0
J

Jerimi

Life is all about choices. Somewhere it has to give. I used to be busy almost every moment of everyday. At one point I had 5 hours a month of unaccounted time. I was tutoring and lecturing philosophy, working two jobs, talking with clients for my own business, studying for my lectures and writing speeches, memorizing them and flying around the country to give them. It was hell.

I decided to slow down and so I had to cut some things out of my life. It finally worked and, though I didn't want to remove some of those things, life is all about choices and I feel like I made the right ones.

Upvote 0