Time to end Coronavirus restrictions

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
It's time to acknowledge what most of us thought was the case: Government can't control a virus. Coronavirus cases are increasing, not just in places that opened up 2 months ago. Back in May, in NYC 66% of hospitalizations were people who had been locked down. Government was never able to control the virus.

Two pieces of news struck me this week as indicative of the need for government to pull back and let the virus run its course. 38 MLB players and nearly 30 NBA players tested positive last week. These are people being forced to take tests by their employer, as opposed to people who think they're sick and are going to get a test. A team and a half of baseball players and 10% of NBA players who will play in their new format suggests the virus is incredibly widespread, way beyond the official positive numbers.

Deaths are not increasing substantially, they remained steady in June despite previous high numbers at the end of May. This remains a 99.6% survival virus. According to the CDC those under 55 have a 99.95% survival rate, those 55-64 survive 99.8% of the time and those 65+ survive 98.5% of the time. Those numbers may drop if the virus is as widespread as the numbers suggest.

It's time to end all restrictions on our lives. Ditch the placebo masks, ditch the social distancing and move on with life. This virus cannot be controlled by the state. Let it run its course naturally without us trying to flatten curves which will only serve to extend the economic and social misery the government has created with this virus. Enough is enough.
Only this President and his supporters would suggest turning the nation into one big "CORONAVIRUS PARTY!"

At every turn, the decisions made by Trump and the "deplorables" have consistently been on the wrong side of the COVID-19 crisis - there is no reason to suppose that they are about to correct their perfect record anytime in the forseeable future!

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As a canadian I'm more worried about the fact that while there has been attempts to extracate ourselves from your economy, a large part of our economy is based on yours, buying and selling. I mean there is a reason why as good as it was buying stuff from your country for cheap, most were worried about it during the financial crises.
Yup you all like to go "down south" for certain goods.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Only this President and his supporters would suggest turning the nation into one big "CORONAVIRUS PARTY!"

At every turn, the decisions made by Trump and the "deplorables" have consistently been on the wrong side of the COVID-19 crisis - there is no reason to suppose that they are about to correct their perfect record anytime in the forseeable future!
Except that I do not think that Trump or his surpprters have stated that you may not take protective messures

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If Trump and the Republicans had shown even the most basic consideration for human life they'd have spread the same message that the Democrats have, that wearing a mask and social distancing is a small sacrifice that will help save vulnerable lives. But no, even that tiny gesture was too much, the man in the Oval Office cared so much about how he might look in a mask that he refused to wear one, and that spread all down through the party.

Now masks are supposedly useless, social distancing is an insult to freedom and an attack on the economy and we’ve reached a point of such rampant stupidity that people are seriously suggesting that the most powerful, richest country on earth couldn’t possibly do anything to slow/stop a pandemic, and you should just let a few million people die for literally no reason.

America is beyond parody at this point.
Also Republican states did shut down, and I know for example in my state the governor while he refuses to mandate masks is literally traveling the state encouraging their wear.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
As a canadian I'm more worried about the fact that while there has been attempts to extracate ourselves from your economy, a large part of our economy is based on yours, buying and selling. I mean there is a reason why as good as it was buying stuff from your country for cheap, most were worried about it during the financial crises.
At least Canadians are on the European Union's list of countries from which they will accept international passengers - those inmates residing in "The People's Republic of Trump" have been given what's tantamount to a life sentence!

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
At least Canadians are on the European Union's list of countries from which they will accept international passengers - those inmates residing in "The People's Republic of Trump" have been given what's tantamount to a life sentence!
We are not prisoners

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Considering that the death toll is highest in states with Democrat governors, it's hardly a partisan virus or death toll. The premise is off though. You presuppose that government can somehow control a virus, which it clearly cannot at any level at any time.
The Democratic states like New York and New Jersey didn't have the benefit of COVID-19 testing to warn them that asymptomatic passengers where on incoming flights from countries like Spain and Italy - the Trump Administration was supposed to make this testing available in a timely manner and is also responsible for regulating all international flights, including those that brought in the pandemic!

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well as Biden is the only other viable option he literally mentally has no business being president. I mean just in terms of literally losing his mind.

how can anyone say that with a straight face when you have trump as president is insane.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
how can anyone say that with a straight face when you have trump as president is insane.
Because Trump is President and we are watching his behavior and hearing his words. Trump is constantly saying nonsensical things that suggest he is not mentally fit for the job.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's time to acknowledge what most of us thought was the case: Government can't control a virus. Coronavirus cases are increasing, not just in places that opened up 2 months ago. Back in May, in NYC 66% of hospitalizations were people who had been locked down. Government was never able to control the virus.

Two pieces of news struck me this week as indicative of the need for government to pull back and let the virus run its course. 38 MLB players and nearly 30 NBA players tested positive last week. These are people being forced to take tests by their employer, as opposed to people who think they're sick and are going to get a test. A team and a half of baseball players and 10% of NBA players who will play in their new format suggests the virus is incredibly widespread, way beyond the official positive numbers.

Deaths are not increasing substantially, they remained steady in June despite previous high numbers at the end of May. This remains a 99.6% survival virus. According to the CDC those under 55 have a 99.95% survival rate, those 55-64 survive 99.8% of the time and those 65+ survive 98.5% of the time. Those numbers may drop if the virus is as widespread as the numbers suggest.

It's time to end all restrictions on our lives. Ditch the placebo masks, ditch the social distancing and move on with life. This virus cannot be controlled by the state. Let it run its course naturally without us trying to flatten curves which will only serve to extend the economic and social misery the government has created with this virus. Enough is enough.
I don't think that is going to happen until after the election. The as with other 'slight of hand' things it will just magically disappear.

• Informative
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because Trump is President and we are watching his behavior and hearing his words. Trump is constantly saying nonsensical things that suggest he is not mentally fit for the job.

Yep. Just need to look as recently as his July 4 speech....in which he relocated Operation Desert Storm ....to Vietnam...?!

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because of the very shutdowns this topic is whining about, hard to see it working in three states, 2 of which if I remember right were the ones NOT closing before.
It will cool off at some point, although I am watching the counties I know have mandatory mask wearing to see how long it takes. One started last week the county next to mine is hoping to get it passed I believe some time later this month.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that is going to happen until after the election. The as with other 'slight of hand' things it will just magically disappear.

actually it will around febuary when the new president is in power and fixes the stuff Trump's screwed up on.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
actually it will around febuary when the new president is in power and fixes the stuff Trump's screwed up on.
We do not know yet that Trump will not win.

• Agree
Reactions: JonathanC
Upvote 0