Time to end Coronavirus restrictions

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
COW-Pandemic-Timeline.jpg

I cannot believe the division I’m seeing here on CHRISTIANFORUMS. So many of you “boo trump bad I smarter than you be cuz I no like him. I use CNN articles as a reference.”

Get over yourselves. Trump, Biden, doesn’t matter. We’re approaching the end times, this certainly seems to be setting up for the Antichrist.

Maybe spend some more time fasting and praying for our country and the people of the world than having the same argument you can find in every corner of the internet, and every YouTube comment section.

You’re wasting your time. This debate is pointless and will never be resolved. You should be ashamed. Lord help you.
People tend to get "annoyed",with a President whose 4th of July Address focused on the welfare of statutes while effectively ignoring such annoyances as the 130,000 deaths attributed to COVID-19, the 2.7 million Americans testing positive, 50,000+ new cases daily and over 40 million unemployed!

The months this President wasted precious time indulging himself in a state of denial, his abdication of his leadership role for the nation and his encouragement of governors to ignore his own Administration's CDC guidelines has resulted in untold suffering and loss of life!

Assuming that the "End of Times" may not be scheduled for the next 6 months, perhaps Americans would prefer a President whose priorities are placed on the lives of citizens - as opposed to statutes!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every generation since even before Christ was convinced that it was in “the end times”.
Each day we are one day closer to the end than we were yesterday. Remember, you heard it here.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's time to acknowledge what most of us thought was the case: Government can't control a virus.

Many governments have managed the spread of the virus far more successfully than the United States. The proof is in the data.

Why is that?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Many governments have managed the spread of the virus far more successfully than the United States. The proof is in the data.

Why is that?
Time to end Coronavirus restrictions

Considering the European Union to be an independent 3rd party when it comes to evaluating the success of non-members in their success in dealing with COVID-19 - there's a good reason why it will now accept international flights from Canada but not from the USA!

A President who managed to play golf 3X last week at his Virginia Golf Club doesn't inspire confidence - this is someone who has literally "thrown-in-the-towel" and not devoting every waking hour to extricate the nation from this crisis!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Considering the European Union to be an independent 3rd party when it comes to evaluating the success of non-members in their success in dealing with COVID-19 - there's a good reason why it will now accept international flights from Canada but not from the USA!
Now we really are “ugly Americans”.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I cannot believe the division I’m seeing here on CHRISTIANFORUMS. So many of you “boo trump bad I smarter than you be cuz I no like him. I use CNN articles as a reference.”

Get over yourselves. Trump, Biden, doesn’t matter. We’re approaching the end times, this certainly seems to be setting up for the Antichrist.

Maybe spend some more time fasting and praying for our country and the people of the world than having the same argument you can find in every corner of the internet, and every YouTube comment section.

You’re wasting your time. This debate is pointless and will never be resolved. You should be ashamed. Lord help you.

Right, so...

Why are you here? I'm confused...

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...I don't expect Americans will be allowed into any country until 2021. Even Mexico closed its border (not that it's managing COVID any better).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's time to acknowledge what most of us thought was the case: Government can't control a virus.

No, but they can mitigate the spread. And if we had competent leadership in place, we could have done that and spared many lives. We know this is true, because plenty of other countries have done it.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
...I don't expect Americans will be allowed into any country until 2021. Even Mexico closed its border (not that it's managing COVID any better).

I'm HOPING to get back IN soon enough! Not to get all sentimental and all, but it's still the land of opportunity. I want to get away from the dour realms of the UK.

I'm as anxious as you are for things to improve.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm HOPING to get back IN soon enough! Not to get all sentimental and all, but it's still the land of opportunity. I want to get away from the dour realms of the UK.

I'm as anxious as you are for things to improve.

...since you're from the UK I expect you will be the first European countries to be allowed into the US - even this year.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's time to acknowledge what most of us thought was the case: Government can't control a virus. Coronavirus cases are increasing, not just in places that opened up 2 months ago. Back in May, in NYC 66% of hospitalizations were people who had been locked down. Government was never able to control the virus.

Two pieces of news struck me this week as indicative of the need for government to pull back and let the virus run its course. 38 MLB players and nearly 30 NBA players tested positive last week. These are people being forced to take tests by their employer, as opposed to people who think they're sick and are going to get a test. A team and a half of baseball players and 10% of NBA players who will play in their new format suggests the virus is incredibly widespread, way beyond the official positive numbers.

Deaths are not increasing substantially, they remained steady in June despite previous high numbers at the end of May. This remains a 99.6% survival virus. According to the CDC those under 55 have a 99.95% survival rate, those 55-64 survive 99.8% of the time and those 65+ survive 98.5% of the time. Those numbers may drop if the virus is as widespread as the numbers suggest.

It's time to end all restrictions on our lives. Ditch the placebo masks, ditch the social distancing and move on with life. This virus cannot be controlled by the state. Let it run its course naturally without us trying to flatten curves which will only serve to extend the economic and social misery the government has created with this virus. Enough is enough.
If people would mind, then the virus would be gone. But since they can't. The shutdown was a waist of time. People in America care so little of people. They can't can wear a mask and do social distancing. I find that embarrassing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, but they can mitigate the spread. And if we had competent leadership in place, we could have done that and spared many lives. We know this is true, because plenty of other countries have done it.

And each day more lives end through negligence as people prefer some exaggerated sense of freedom to a common sense that entails some self discipline.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And each day more lives end through negligence as people prefer some exaggerated sense of freedom to a common sense that entails some sole discipline.

And in doing so, they are prolonging the very thing they want "freedom" from.

Abject stupidity.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Once the virus has run its course..what will be the next crisis conjured up by the left?
I don't even think the Democrats did enough to protecting us. It seems like both sides were in La La Land. Until it got bigger in the United State. This is unacceptable. I paid attention to other countries. We had plenty of warning. Any ways this isn't a typical virus. The effect of COVID-19 lingers for months. Maybe for ever. And that info come from people that had it. I don't want COVID-19 and the symptom. That may never go away.

• Agree
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If people would mind, then the virus would be gone. But since they can't. The shutdown was a waist of time. People in America care so little of people. They can't can wear a mask and do social distancing. I find that embarrassing.
(social media meme)
We're gonna have to stop using the expression "avoid like the plague".
Americans don't do that.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I don't even think the Democrats did enough to protecting us. It seems like both sides were in La La Land. Until it got bigger in the United State. This is unacceptable. I paid attention to other countries. We had plenty of warning. Any ways this isn't a typical virus. The effect of COVID-19 lingers for months. Maybe for ever. And that info come from people that had it. I don't want COVID-19 and the symptom. That may never go away.
The President and Republican Governors had Italy as a graphic example of what happens when leaders failed to take decisive action - unlike the Democratic counterparts in New York and New Jersey who had to contend with the large numbers of potentially infected passengers on incoming international flights from Europe and the lack of testing from the Trump Administration to determine as to who was COVID-19 positive!

Given that international aviation has been deemed a federal responsibility, it is the President and his Administration who possess the authority to control all incoming flights from foreign destinations - not the State Governors or other municipal officials where these airports are located!

It would take between 1 and 2 weeks before those who contacted COVID-19 to start showing symptoms, and without access to proper testing each individual had the potential of unknowingly contacting and infecting 100's of others!

Last edited:
Upvote 0