Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's time to acknowledge what most of us thought was the case: Government can't control a virus. Coronavirus cases are increasing, not just in places that opened up 2 months ago. Back in May, in NYC 66% of hospitalizations were people who had been locked down. Government was never able to control the virus.

Two pieces of news struck me this week as indicative of the need for government to pull back and let the virus run its course. 38 MLB players and nearly 30 NBA players tested positive last week. These are people being forced to take tests by their employer, as opposed to people who think they're sick and are going to get a test. A team and a half of baseball players and 10% of NBA players who will play in their new format suggests the virus is incredibly widespread, way beyond the official positive numbers.

Deaths are not increasing substantially, they remained steady in June despite previous high numbers at the end of May. This remains a 99.6% survival virus. According to the CDC those under 55 have a 99.95% survival rate, those 55-64 survive 99.8% of the time and those 65+ survive 98.5% of the time. Those numbers may drop if the virus is as widespread as the numbers suggest.

It's time to end all restrictions on our lives. Ditch the placebo masks, ditch the social distancing and move on with life. This virus cannot be controlled by the state. Let it run its course naturally without us trying to flatten curves which will only serve to extend the economic and social misery the government has created with this virus. Enough is enough.
“Give up” as a “public health ‘strategy’”?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What about the risk of you infecting others?
Well if I stay away from people and do not go to crowded places ( something I do not like any now would that not also work. It was my understanding that the masks are only for when it is not possible to be dustenced.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes when a cross a street. Here is the difference I see if I cross the street that not only is quite likely to result in being hit otherwise ( like right then), but it is also far more likely to lead to a much more likely and much quicker death as opposed to a .5 to 2% chance weeks down the line.
Being hit by a car is a lot easier to avoid than a virus and is also not contagious. One person being hit by a car doesn’t spread to an entire community being hit by that same car.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Being hit by a car is a lot easier to avoid than a virus and is also not contagious. One person being hit by a car doesn’t spread to an entire community being hit by that same car.
I did not say otherwise, but if someone were to be hit by a car the chance of death is aa LOT greater than from the virus.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Encouraging people to limit exposure is WAY different than controlling people.
The government is always "controlling people". The strength of the control depends upon the actions and its potential consequences. Jay walk and you can get a minor traffic ticket because one is putting oneself at risk and the property of others at risk. If a restaurant allows patrons that do not wear suitable attire they, not the patrons, can get fined. And the fine is quite a bit more substantial than the jay walking fine since they are threatening others by their lack of action. Right now in my state one can get a very healthy charge for not wearing masks in appropriate places. There are still a few people that go to stores and put others at risk. The stores can't do much about it. Starting Tuesday they will have to. They are required to deny service to those not wearing masks.

Now there are always alternatives for those that refuse to wear a mask. But going into an establishment is no longer one of them. Today's face mask rules are simply a new version of "No shoes, no shirt, no service".

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The government is always "controlling people". The strength of the control depends upon the actions and its potential consequences. Jay walk and you can get a minor traffic ticket because one is putting oneself at risk and the property of others at risk. If a restaurant allows patrons that do not wear suitable attire they, not the patrons, can get fined. And the fine is quite a bit more substantial than the jay walking fine since they are threatening others by their lack of action. Right now in my state one can get a very healthy charge for not wearing masks in appropriate places. There are still a few people that go to stores and put others at risk. The stores can't do much about it. Starting Tuesday they will have to. They are required to deny service to those not wearing masks.

Now there are always alternatives for those that refuse to wear a mask. But going into an establishment is no longer one of them. Today's face mask rules are simply a new version of "No shoes, no shirt, no service".
so then I guess it would depend on how willing people are to take the charge because at this point you hardly ever have to go into stores any now.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
so then I guess it would depend on how willing people are to take the charge because at this point you hardly ever have to go into stores any now.
Most people still go into stores to buy groceries. The percentage that gets them delivered is probably still very low. Be right back.

EDIT: Yeah, it still looks as if online grocery shopping is less than 10% of the total:

Online grocery sales to grow 40% in 2020

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As to the gun violence ( this is rally a topic for another thread but the gun violent is mostly I certain places.

Understood. Just explaining one of the many, many, many things America is failing in response to.

We are quickly becoming a "failed state". Which answers the question as to why people might want to make a run on Canada to get away from the unfolding disaster.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Understood. Just explaining one of the many, many, many things America is failing in response to.

We are quickly becoming a "failed state". Which answers the question as to why people might want to make a run on Canada to get away from the unfolding disaster.
so then what happens if it is not a disaster and things chill out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
so then what happens if it is not a disaster and things chill out?

Good on us! Our systemic failures are still there and being made worse. Especially by the same folks who so disastrously mishandled the Pandemic.

It is possible that COVID 19 won't be a complete disaster I guess. Then, again, I could win the lottery tomorrow and be a millionaire by this time on Monday.

I guess I should just quit my job today and assume the best!

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Good on us! Our systemic failures are still there and being made worse. Especially by the same folks who so disastrously mishandled the Pandemic.

It is possible that COVID 19 won't be a complete disaster I guess. Then, again, I could win the lottery tomorrow and be a millionaire by this time on Monday.

Are you the one that keeps buying my winning lottery ticket?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

and you know Trump may win I would not be shocked.

• Haha
Reactions: JonathanC
Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
and you know Trump may win I would not be shocked.

Yeah, I actually fear that and accept it has a higher likelihood than common sense would dictate.

I hope Trump reads the Constitution some time between now and then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah, I actually fear that and accept it has a higher likelihood than common sense would dictate.

I hope Trump reads the Constitution some time between now and then.
Well as Biden is the only other viable option he literally mentally has no business being president. I mean just in terms of literally losing his mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well as Biden is the oly other viable option he literally mentally has no business being president. I mean just in terms of literally losing his mind.
What, and Trump does? Let's play game. You give me one stupid Biden quote and I'll give you one stupid Trump quote. Whoever runs out first loses.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What, and Trump does? Let's play game. You give me one stupid Biden quote and I'll give you one stupid Trump quote. Whoever runs out first loses.
Trump what?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Agreed, Biden is a very poor choice. So I guess re-electing the dictator-loving racist who demonizes large swaths of Americans and sits fiddling while hundreds of thousands of his citizens die in agony is the best possible outcome.
Trump is NOT a dictator he also opposes China and North Keara.

• Winner
Reactions: JonathanC
Upvote 0