Throw Shoes at President Bush!

JoshuaW

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
✟11,457.00
Faith
Christian
People also fail to give him credit for no major terrorist attack on US soil in seven years since 9/11. It is fair to say he managed the aftermath of that disaster competently enough to prevent another.

1 - AlQaeda has a history of attacking every 8 years. 1993, 2001, ????

2 - the 9/11 attack was so successful, it still has America scared to death. Mission accomplished.

3 - It is the height of arrogance to take credit for an absence of terror attacks, not to mention extremely reckless.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What's so funny/amusing about an Iraqi journalist throwing shoes on the US President?
Such an act is ridiculous in my opinion!

Not in Muslim culture. It is a very very bad insult. Shoes there are considered very unclean and doing something like this... I don't know what the western equivalent would be, if there is anything as bad at all. Maybe spitting in his face would be close to the equivalent.

Upvote 0

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Gamezilla

Jul 10, 2007
In a secret location that cannot be talked about ;
✟8,711.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Brave man, alright, I agree.
I wasn't praising him sonny, just applauding his courage.
Which, in my book, equals praise for his actions.

This statement was a response to karate kids asisnine statement, you are reading both sides right, Right?
Of course I am. However, how exactly does this give you the right to respond with a ridiculous statement like this without proof?

Don't be sad. See above. If you can't find abundent proof of the death tolls in Iraq pre-santions and wars then you're just not looking.
Please give me something to look at then. If your so sure of this, then you shouldn't mind giving me a link. It's not like I'm not open for your proof of these statements.

He was making a political statement, not trying to murder anyone. Try and keep your twisted analogies in-line with what is being said OK?
This is quite funny, seeing how later on in your post you went on to ask me how you were making apologies for what he did. This post is blatant proof that you think what he did was no big deal, completely acceptable and not worth any form of punishment. Wow.

Again your not paying attention; when given the chance to fight (Veitnam, you're maybe too young to remember, but your country has been thru this mess before) Bushs daddy hid him in the NG.
And your point is? Who gives two craps that Bush was once in the National Guard? So he is a coward because he was not in the army at that time? So I guess your saying the same thing about anyone who serves in the National Guard when a war is being fought? If not, then please explain to me how this is different in Bush's case?

No, its you're lack of due diligence in seeing what a neocon you're trying to defend.
I hate that your taking it as if I'm defending the guy, because I'm not. What I'm trying to do is call out your ignorant statements and baseless comments that you have yet to back up. Not to mention your attack on his religion, which is ridiculous and childish.

My point, which like every other one i made you've missed on purpose no doubt, is hes not sounding very christian. I was belittling his "faith" because hes showing so little of it....Patriotic???
Oh, so you were just given the full right to judge this mans faith because he doesn't agree with you on a certain topic?

Get your head out of the sand boy, he thru a shoe....Geez, you're hardly worth responding to.
Once again, a belittlement of this blatant assault. Sad. It truly is.

Please show me where I said it was OK to attack a visiting head of state?
Please look above. ;)

I put no value in your sight.
Which gives you even less of a reason to judge someone else's faith here.

Thanks for the exhibition of your total lack of ability at mind-reading. I don't have to twist the words of your religion to call KC and his defense of the actions taken against this man as acceptable.
Your right. I was completely wrong with that one. You'll just probably attack the man's religion some more. Yea, I underestimated you. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Bush should have worn one of these:

BRITISH-PITH-HELMET.jpg

Usually a good idea, in case the natives decide to throw things at you...like shoes, rocks or bricks.

Reactions: ACougar
Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

Bush used to enjoy witnessing executions when he was Governor of Texas. He even made fun of a woman on death row; when she begged him not to kill her. Had he been a President of any other country then the US would have demanded he be tried for War Crimes. But I guess a pair of shoes will have to suffice for now. After all history will not treat Bush kindly. He is after all the most incompetent President in all US history.

Attachments

• bush_imports.jpg
    bush_imports.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0

MaxP

Dec 17, 2008
✟9,069.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
1 - AlQaeda has a history of attacking every 8 years. 1993, 2001, ????

2 - the 9/11 attack was so successful, it still has America scared to death. Mission accomplished.

3 - It is the height of arrogance to take credit for an absence of terror attacks, not to mention extremely reckless.
^_^

1 - You say Al Qaeda has a history of attacks every 8 years and cite two examples? SUCH historical precedence. That conclusion is illogical and unwarranted.

2 - Actually and sadly, most people don't even think of it anymore.

3 - It is a reasonable conclusion when you disbanded the bases of their operation and funding, and driven them into grimy mountain caves.

Upvote 0

MaxP

Dec 17, 2008
✟9,069.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Bush used to enjoy witnessing executions when he was Governor of Texas. He even made fun of a woman on death row; when she begged him not to kill her. Had he been a President of any other country then the US would have demanded he be tried for War Crimes. But I guess a pair of shoes will have to suffice for now. After all history will not treat Bush kindly. He is after all the most incompetent President in all US history.
;) Study US history, big guy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The number of nations the USA has helped through its wars has a good tally. We have saved your own country twice now. You can add France, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Poland, the Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Belgium . . . well, most of Europe, to that list. There's also Japan and I think Mongolia.

? The US joined WW2 after the British had repelled the Germans and sunk their invasion fleet. Once the USSR had started advancing their days were numbered. But if you want to go into finer detail, then ask where the Nazi war machine was getting it's supplies from, particularly the gasoline.

? In WW1 at no time was Britain threatened. The arrival of the US, well, again if you want to look at it in detail you move into highly contentious territory.

? The USA saved Japan?

If you move to another country you will find each country has it's own version of history, and the problems of interpreting history are non trivial.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

There are many aspects to evaluate. Morally he might be the worst but Johnson must also be a candidate. On sheer incompetence Reagan is ahead it was just the press that made him sound good (his was 'the teflon Presidency').

We won't really know the outcome of the economic impact of the failed wars and increased debt through repeated boosts to consumer spending via things like tax cuts, until somewhere in 2009 but it could be really bad.

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

Ah so you have more incompetent Presidents! Nice going there US voters.
Bush is by far the most incompetent. He has managed to destabilise world peace, has totally disregarded international law, has brought upon the whole world one of the WORST economic crises! And above all has managed to make most countries Hate the Americans.
But alas! never fear; Obama is here! hehe! thank god for that. At least he speaks in full sentences!

Have I missed anything?
:confused:

Upvote 0

MaxP

Dec 17, 2008
✟9,069.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
? The US joined WW2 after the British had repelled the Germans and sunk their invasion fleet. Once the USSR had started advancing their days were numbered. But if you want to go into finer detail, then ask where the Nazi war machine was getting it's supplies from, particularly the gasoline.
? Britain was losing the Battle of Britain and was in danger of getting its cities bombed into submission. If you want to go into finer detail, then ask where the Brits got there supplies from.

? In WW1 at no time was Britain threatened. The arrival of the US, well, again if you want to look at it in detail you move into highly contentious territory.
? Britain was not directly threatened, but if its side lost, they would have been conquered. The arrival of the US, well, broke the stalemate in the trenches and won the war militarily.

? The USA saved Japan?
He might have meant China.

If you move to another country you will find each country has it's own version of history, and the problems of interpreting history are non trivial.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MaxP

Dec 17, 2008
✟9,069.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Yup. We can't all be like Greece!
Bush is by far the most incompetent. He has managed to destabilise world peace, has totally disregarded international law, has brought upon the whole world one of the WORST economic crises! And above all has managed to make most countries Hate the Americans.
Hm, actually you'll find the roots of this economic crises can be found in the Clinton - era legislation and farther back, even. You think he could do this in 8 years? You must regard him as incredibly competent then. ;)
But alas! never fear; Obama is here! hehe! thank god for that. At least he speaks in full sentences!
Ah yes, OBAMA! The great savior from the most corrupt state in the country! All hail!

Have I missed anything?
Yes. :)

Upvote 0

MaxP

Dec 17, 2008
✟9,069.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
There are many aspects to evaluate. Morally he might be the worst but Johnson must also be a candidate. On sheer incompetence Reagan is ahead it was just the press that made him sound good (his was 'the teflon Presidency').
^_^ Yes, the man who ended the Cold War and brought down the Berlin Wall was a horrible failure. So was the man who ended slavery.

We won't really know the outcome of the economic impact of the failed wars and increased debt through repeated boosts to consumer spending via things like tax cuts, until somewhere in 2009 but it could be really bad.
So we won't know the result of the last 50 years till 2009?
Good.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Have I missed anything?

Yes. Richard Nixon was US President back late 60s early 70s. He got caught out while doing things he shouldn't have and did not have the excuse of incompetence / senile dementia to get off the hook.

Since then Presidents who get a second term have been either good people with ability or bad people who were or pretended to be stupid.

The economic disaster in the US started in 1982 with President Reagan and his decision to abandon economics and change to 'Reaganomics'.

President Reagan started spending money obtained not from taxes but from borrowing. Clinton reversed that, but Bush Jr has ramped up the debt to the point where you may recall an extra digit was needed on the National Debt counter in NY.

Bush Jr. can only take half the blame for the National Debt part of th economic disaster. The current account deficit has been rising ever since Reagan and the way that is likely to be stopped is by a big recession, one that will last a very long time until the underlying problem is corrected, most likely about a decade.

picture.php

picture.php

Upvote 0

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes. Richard Nixon was US President back late 60s early 70s. He got caught out while doing things he shouldn't have and did not have the excuse of incompetence / senile dementia to get off the hook.

Since then Presidents who get a second term have been either good people with ability or bad people who were or pretended to be stupid.

The economic disaster in the US started in 1982 with President Reagan and his decision to abandon economics and change to 'Reaganomics'.

President Reagan started spending money obtained not from taxes but from borrowing. Clinton reversed that, but Bush Jr has ramped up the debt to the point where you may recall an extra digit was needed on the National Debt counter in NY.

Bush Jr. can only take half the blame for the National Debt part of th economic disaster. The current account deficit has been rising ever since Reagan and the way that is likely to be stopped is by a big recession, one that will last a very long time until the underlying problem is corrected, most likely about a decade.

picture.php

picture.php

Looks like we elected a Democratic President just in time. At least we have some hope now.

Upvote 0