my house
✟8,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is obvious you have been influenced by your parents. Since you are too young to properly comprehend politics. It will be better to listen to what others have to say (especially the international crowd). You may yet learn that politicians do not an honest man make!
Keep telling yourself that. But I am young enough to understand that people didn't come for monkeys.

Upvote 0

HumbleServant94

Miami Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
my house
✟8,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

HumbleServant94

Miami Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
my house
✟8,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing personal, HS, but I've decided to add you to my ignore list.

Apparently, even at the tender age of 14, you are just too durn smart for me.

;):wave:
Apparently, at the age of 59, you're just too durn mature for me.:p;):wave::D^_^:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

Keep telling yourself that. But I am young enough to understand that people didn't come for monkeys.

I see! Now how did you come to that conclusion? So you are young enough to dismiss hundreds of thousands of Scientists worldwide?

You do have a very high opinion of yourself and that is vanity; a sin if I am not wrong!

Upvote 0

CCGirl

Resident Commie
Sep 21, 2005
Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I see! Now how did you come to that conclusion? So you are young enough to dismiss hundreds of thousands of Scientists worldwide?

You do have a very high opinion of yourself and that is vanity; a sin if I am not wrong!

This may help HS:

evolutiontaxonomy_page_chart.jpg

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Putting the convoluted ideological arguments and strawmen aside:

1. What has Iraq gained as a result of the US invasion? Do you have any independent verification of this or is it something the US press has produced? Most cemeteries in Iraq have been expanded since 2003. The civil war predicted by a previous British Prime Minister Edward Heath is going on at present. The US military is now a bystander in much of the fighting. Before 2003 tourism was a major industry in Iraq and the education system was (arguably) the best in the region.

Never mind the ideology what has been the result?
Was this result always considered a strong possibility?

2. What has the US gained as a result of the invasion of Iraq?

Do we have a better reputation as a humanitarian nation?
Is our military considered as all-powerful as it once was?
Has it reduced our chances of winning in Afghanistan?
What has it done to our relationships with our allies?
Are we going bankrupt?

Who is pleased with the war and who wants to throw shoes?

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

Putting the convoluted ideological arguments and strawmen aside:

1. What has Iraq gained as a result of the US invasion? Do you have any independent verification of this or is it something the US press has produced? Most cemeteries in Iraq have been expanded since 2003. The civil war predicted by a previous British Prime Minister Edward Heath is going on at present. The US military is now a bystander in much of the fighting. Before 2003 tourism was a major industry in Iraq and the education system was (arguably) the best in the region.

Never mind the ideology what has been the result?
Was this result always considered a strong possibility?

2. What has the US gained as a result of the invasion of Iraq?

Do we have a better reputation as a humanitarian nation?
Is our military considered as all-powerful as it once was?
Has it reduced our chances of winning in Afghanistan?
What has it done to our relationships with our allies?
Are we going bankrupt?

Who is pleased with the war and who wants to throw shoes?
Spoken like a true sane person:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HumbleServant94

Miami Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
my house
✟8,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I don't have a high opinion on myself. I'm just thinking why anyone would think people would come from monkeys. People say a bunch of religions are weird, yet the same people believe we cam from monkeys.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't have a high opinion on myself. I'm just thinking why anyone would think people would come from monkeys. People say a bunch of religions are weird, yet the same people believe we cam from monkeys.

And on what do you base your assumption that we do not come from an ancestor somewhat closer to monkeys than we are?
There is a lot of evidence suggesting we do indeed come from monkeys. That does not mean we were not created by God, nor does it mean we are any less worth than if we were created as we are now.

Also, you say that "People say a bunch of religions are weird, yet the same people believe we cam from monkeys."
Well, point 1: Aren't there a lot of weird religions out there? As for Christianity, some of us Christians go nuts over seeing what they think is the virgin Mary burnt into toast. And that is quite weird to be honest.

Point 2: Why would it be strange to assume that we came from monkeys when that's what the evidence suggests? It's only a logical conclusion, is it not? If something smells like a horse, sounds like a horse, looks like a horse and feels like a horse, then it's probably a horse. Even if you were expecting or hoping for a dog. What we see is that it looks like we've evolved from something that is more like a monkey. That's what all the evidence at hand suggests - so why would we then expect it to be any different?

Upvote 0

HumbleServant94

Miami Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
my house
✟8,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And on what do you base your assumption that we do not come from an ancestor somewhat closer to monkeys than we are?
There is a lot of evidence suggesting we do indeed come from monkeys. That does not mean we were not created by God, nor does it mean we are any less worth than if we were created as we are now.

Also, you say that "People say a bunch of religions are weird, yet the same people believe we cam from monkeys."
Well, point 1: Aren't there a lot of weird religions out there? As for Christianity, some of us Christians go nuts over seeing what they think is the virgin Mary burnt into toast. And that is quite weird to be honest.

Point 2: Why would it be strange to assume that we came from monkeys when that's what the evidence suggests? It's only a logical conclusion, is it not? If something smells like a horse, sounds like a horse, looks like a horse and feels like a horse, then it's probably a horse. Even if you were expecting or hoping for a dog. What we see is that it looks like we've evolved from something that is more like a monkey. That's what all the evidence at hand suggests - so why would we then expect it to be any different?
Point 1: I know. But I think the Virgin Mary thing would fit Catholics more. But people saying we came from monkeys. Even Christians. The same "logical" scientists also believe the closest relative to the T-Rex is a chicken. They also believe dinosaurs evolved into birds. That just goes against nature.

Point 2: It would be strange because oh let's see, mankind has a soul. Mankind was made in the image of God. Plus there's only enough evidence to prove that to fit a single coffin.

Upvote 0

HumbleServant94

Miami Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
my house
✟8,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Faith guardian,

You're a Christian, right? Guess what. The origin of the earth is already in the Bible. There it is. It's right there. Honestly that's all I need to see how the earth came into being. Why? Because it's God's Word. The divine author is the Holy Spirit with the help of human penmen. That's all I need to know. I think God's POV is better than man's.

Back on subject, guys stop bagging on Bush. The man tried his best. It's bad enough all of Iraq is laughing at this. But for Americans to actually like this is pretty dumb. Especially when these are the same people that want to bomb us with nuclear weapons.

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

Point 1: I know. But I think the Virgin Mary thing would fit Catholics more. But people saying we came from monkeys. Even Christians. The same "logical" scientists also believe the closest relative to the T-Rex is a chicken. They also believe dinosaurs evolved into birds. That just goes against nature.

Point 2: It would be strange because oh let's see, mankind has a soul. Mankind was made in the image of God. Plus there's only enough evidence to prove that to fit a single coffin.

You really should pay more attention in biology class.
To be ignorant of facts is not a crime, but to maintain that ignorance even after being offered erudition is truly the mark of the ignorant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Actually, instead of the word monkey, the world you're looking for is
"hominid"

monkeys and hominids were two totally different and separate species; to say we evolved from monkeys is very innacurate, and ignorant.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith guardian,

You're a Christian, right? Guess what. The origin of the earth is already in the Bible. There it is. It's right there. Honestly that's all I need to see how the earth came into being. Why? Because it's God's Word. The divine author is the Holy Spirit with the help of human penmen. That's all I need to know. I think God's POV is better than man's.

Back on subject, guys stop bagging on Bush. The man tried his best. It's bad enough all of Iraq is laughing at this. But for Americans to actually like this is pretty dumb. Especially when these are the same people that want to bomb us with nuclear weapons.

You're 14; we don't expect you to have knowledge one would need to enroll into university level courses to understand. If you plan on going to college, you'll see that your personal ideas right now will DRASTICALLY change within the next five to ten years. Trust me; if you take a geology course, life will make a whole lot of sense.

Also, its not God's POV; it was the rich and powerful people at the time who wrote the Bible, infact, many people were murdered or killed while fighting each other, debating which books to include, and which books to omit from the old testament.

You seem to come from the school "This is what I've been told by my parents/friends, and this is what I believe." You're adhereing to your cultural mores and norms, which is comendable, but there are scientific explanations for EVERYTHING, which should be the norm....

Thats a dangerous road to wander....

Upvote 0

HumbleServant94

Miami Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
my house
✟8,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You're 14; we don't expect you to have knowledge one would need to enroll into university level courses to understand. If you plan on going to college, you'll see that your personal ideas right now will DRASTICALLY change within the next five to ten years. Trust me; if you take a geology course, life will make a whole lot of sense.

Also, its not God's POV; it was the rich and powerful people at the time who wrote the Bible, infact, many people were murdered or killed while fighting each other, debating which books to include, and which books to omit from the old testament.

You seem to come from the school "This is what I've been told by my parents/friends, and this is what I believe." You're adhereing to your cultural mores and norms, which is comendable, but there are scientific explanations for EVERYTHING, which should be the norm....

Thats a dangerous road to wander....
Don't underestimate me because of my age. The second paragraph of your post is technically not correct. And the third paragraph is biased. I learned this on my own. I didn't have to be told.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You really should pay more attention in biology class.
To be ignorant of facts is not a crime, but to maintain that ignorance even after being offered erudition is truly the mark of the ignorant.

I changed schools four times in High School, got chemistry three times, physics once, and no biology.

I can't say I've missed it either. Cutting up rats and sharing jeans with a monkey both seem utterly pointless.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't underestimate me because of my age. The second paragraph of your post is technically not correct. And the third paragraph is biased. I learned this on my own. I didn't have to be told.

The second paragraph IS correct. There were stratas of society more powerful than the others; Hebrew culture basically took previous legends/myths/metaphors from Assyrian, Akkadian, Phoenecian, Egyption Babylonian and Sumerian cultures/societies, and spun them into their own religion. Did you know Eve was modeled after a cult-prostitute goddess in Sumeria? Eve wasn't a real person, but a myth from the get-go. Genetics doesnt allow only two people to populate an entire earth; things like deformities happen like that.....

Birds did evolve from dinosaurs; they always find fossils of dinosaurs with feathers. This is fact; if you tell people otherwise, you lie. Please don't lie.

Humans evolved from hominids; you'll learn this later in life when you take the appropriate university-level education everyone on earth should be priveleged to have.

I don't underestimate you bc of your age; I underestimate you because of your lack of knowledge, and lack of willingness to correct your false ideas, and lack of understanding very basic teachings witin the academic community. Evolution is real; you fall within a very very small percentage of people on earth who choose to believe evolution is a false teaching; this very small percentage

Willful ignorance is a bad thing; this will change though; you're only 14. Its the old dogs who can't learn new tricks.

Upvote 0