Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My poor daughter is freaking out. She and her husband flew into Buffalo last Friday. They were to visist with her hubbies brother for a couple days and catch a train into the Catskill Mountains. But the trains have been cancelled due to the fact that they are still under water in a lot of places. On top of that, my in-laws power must have lost power because we can't get ahold of them. Oi Va! Hopefully they won't try to make it down the mountain today without trying to find a phone and calling first.

How are they doing, c1ners? Have they been able to find safe transportation?

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I need to buy a new fish. My male gourami keeps beating his mate up. Apparently he will relax a bit if another female or two is there.
I've been talking about getting a fish tank for my daughter. She's three and probably too young to really take care of it herself. Which is an issue since neither my wife and I are all that crazy about fish.
:cool:

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

I need to buy a new fish. My male gourami keeps beating his mate up. Apparently he will relax a bit if another female or two is there.
Perhaps, instead of more females, you should get another, bigger, male. Then the males can beat up on each other, and the females can have some peace.;)

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
So after spending a couple days getting my martial arts school's PC upgraded to Windows 7 and working out several problems in the process (swapping out a hard drive that died in the middle of my work!! ugh just glad I had a spare one to throw in), I fire up my own PC and it won't start. At all.

Joy!
:doh:

Reactions: FaithPrevails
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How are they doing, c1ners? Have they been able to find safe transportation?

I'm sorry, I'm just now seeing this. They finally made it in to see the grandparents Friday night and had to fly out Sunday night. Not as much time as they wanted to spend with them. lol! The winds and the rain from Katia were blowing in from New York and the rain and winds from Lee were blowing in from their home. They are lucky those flights didn't get cancelled too.

Her grandpa (my first father in law) might have to have his other leg amputated. Praying they can get the diabetes under control before then.

Reactions: FaithPrevails
Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, I'm just now seeing this. They finally made it in to see the grandparents Friday night and had to fly out Sunday night. Not as much time as they wanted to spend with them. lol! The winds and the rain from Katia were blowing in from New York and the rain and winds from Lee were blowing in from their home. They are lucky those flights didn't get cancelled too.

Her grandpa (my first father in law) might have to have his other leg amputated. Praying they can get the diabetes under control before then.
:prayer:

This reminds me of the fires in central Texas. I have a very old friend that lost her house and another that is in the path of the blaze. Send prayers!

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been talking about getting a fish tank for my daughter. She's three and probably too young to really take care of it herself. Which is an issue since neither my wife and I are all that crazy about fish.
:cool:

Get her an electronic aquarium. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How, just how, is one expected to move without packing? Mike won't help gather boxes, keeps telling me not to worry about it, since we're only moving a mile away, but I don't care if we're moving next door. Moving without packing just doesn't compute.

:confused:

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
How, just how, is one expected to move without packing? Mike won't help gather boxes, keeps telling me not to worry about it, since we're only moving a mile away, but I don't care if we're moving next door. Moving without packing just doesn't compute.

:confused:
I've done a lot of local moves. They are about as bad as moving far away. You still gotta pack and bust your hump moving it all. Same thing really.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.