Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am confused. I have a very basic question: Why will sacrifices return when Christ is supposedly the final sacrifice?

During the time the church is removed, it becomes again the pre-church era where God has seven years left on His agenda for Israel.

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, Jesus didn't come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it.

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill." - Matthew 5:17 NKJV

In addition, while Jesus is referred to as the fulfillment of the law, and that the law foreshadows Him, it doesn't say that it was done away with. It does say that we who are in the Spirit aren't under the law, but it doesn't say the law is gone.

If the law still exists, then wouldn't sin still exist? Therefore wouldn't atonement for that seen still be needed? This isn't a sin which would lead to death, as Christ paid the penalty for the sins on the Cross, but it is still sin that would need atonement. These would probably be the unintentional sins, and the sins of ignorance that the Lord describes.

BTW: Here are some verses from Ezekiel that refers to the sin offering. I'd recommend reading chapter 40 through the end to see the full context. Verses are NKJV.

40:39 - In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering.

42:13 - Then he said to me, "The north chambers and the south chambers, which are opposite the separating courtyard, are the holy chambers where the priests who approach the Lord shall eat the most holy offerings. There they shall lay the most holy offerings--the grain offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering--for the place is holy.

43:19-25 - You shall give a young bull for a sin offering to the priests, the Levites, who are of the seed of Zadok, who approach Me to minister to Me,' says the Lord God. You shall take some of its blood and put it on the four horns of the altar, on the four corners of the ledge, and on the rim around it; thus you shall cleanse it and make atonement for it. Then you shall also take the bull of the sin offering, and burn it in the appointed place of the temple, outside the sanctuary. On the second day you shall offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering; and they shall cleanse the altar, as they cleansed it with the bull. When you have finished cleansing it, you shall offer a young bull without blemish, and a ram from the flock without blemish. When you offer them before the Lord, the priests shall throw salt on them, and they will offer them up as a burnt offering to the Lord. Every day for seven days you shall prepare a goat for a sin offering; they shall also prepare a young bull and a ram from the flock, both without blemish.

44:27-29 - And on the day that he goes to the sanctuary to minister in the sanctuary, he must offer his sin offering in the inner court," says the Lord God. "It shall be, in regard to their inheritance, that I am their inheritance. You shall give them no possession in Israel, for I am their possession. They shall eat the grain offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering; every dedicated thing in Israel shall be theirs.

45:17-25 - Then it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, grain offerings, and drink offerings, at the feasts, the New Moons, the Sabbaths, and at all the appointed seasons of the house of Israel. He shall prepare the sin offering, the grain offering, the burnt offering, and the peace offerings to make atonement for the house of Israel." 'Thus says the Lord God: "In the first month, on the first day of the month, you shall take a young bull without blemish and cleanse the sanctuary. The priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offering and put it on the doorposts of the temple, on the four corners of the ledge of the altar, and on the gateposts of the gate of the inner court. And so you shall do on the seventh day of the month for everyone who has sinned unintentionally or in ignorance. Thus you shall make atonement for the temple. "In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, you shall observe the Passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten. And on that day the prince shall prepare for himself and for all the people of the land a bull for a sin offering. On the seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the Lord, seven bulls and seven rams without blemish, daily for seven days, and a kid of the goats daily for a sin offering. And he shall prepare a grain offering of one ephah for each bull and one ephah for each ram, together with a hin of oil for each ephah. In the seventh month, on the fifteenth day of the month, at the feast, he shall do likewise for seven days, according to the sin offering, the burnt offering, the grain offering, and the oil."

46:20 - And he said to me, "This is the place where the priests shall boil the trespass offering and the sin offering, and where they shall bake the grain offering, so that they do not bring them out into the outer court to sanctify the people."

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
During the time the church is removed, it becomes again the pre-church era where God has seven years left on His agenda for Israel.
God will never be through with Israel. Israel is God's chosen people and always will be. If you read Ezekiel 40 to the end, in addition to talking about the temple, it speaks of the division of Israel among the tribes, as well as describing the Jerusalem of the days to come. Only those Jews who accept Christ will make it to this kingdom, but according to Revelation, there will be 144,000 that do. That's a pretty substantial number.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God will never be through with Israel. Israel is God's chosen people and always will be. If you read Ezekiel 40 to the end, in addition to talking about the temple, it speaks of the division of Israel among the tribes, as well as describing the Jerusalem of the days to come. Only those Jews who accept Christ will make it to this kingdom, but according to Revelation, there will be 144,000 that do. That's a pretty substantial number.

Of course He is never through with them, but He has suspended dealings with them since the Messiah was cut off. Now it is the Church age. He has seven more years on His agenda for the Jew, which includes their evangelization by the 144,000 and then the end comes.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
so if the law came to an end when jesus died on the cross... how will he re-establish a second law... will he again speak from mount sinai?

either the law is gone or it isn't.

Steve

It's suspended for the time wherein Jesus is building his Church.

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
do you have any scriptural basis for the idea that the church has temporarily taken over from Israel?

Steve

p.s. there is no such thing as 'church' but there is something called 'the body of Christ' also called the 'israel of God' - remnant mentality.

I am not into dispensationalism.... throughout history the thing that pleases God is faith in Messiah to redeem... both before Jesus came and after... nothings changed.

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The closest thing I can think of, where the thought of the "time of the church" comes from is Jesus's own prophecy concerning end times.

Luke 21:20-28 NKJV
"But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

It doesn't say that the church is replacing Israel, only giving signs to expect in the future. God never meant the church to replace Israel. We only refer to it as the "church age" because the church is dominant. It is a mistake to believe it is because we are "more important" than the children of Israel.

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
don't you know that Ezekiel is describing a spiritual temple... not a real one. There will not be sacrifices as Jesus death put an end to all that didn't he... and why would we need sacrifices any - aren't they only shadows? And why would the festivals from Leviticus be kept - didn't Jesus come to finish the law so we don't have to keep it?

Steve

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Josephus777

Servant of the Most High
Apr 10, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟8,199.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

In addition, as you continue through Ezekiel from that point, it speaks of the ritual sacrifices, and refers to them as "everlasting ordinances." He also says that everything He is saying will come to pass. In addition, when God first established the rules and regulations regarding the sacrifices, as well as when He spoke of them later, He always referred to them as "everlasting ordinances."

This is why I post this thread, to hear what others have to say on the subject, what they may have learned in their own studies, and what God has revealed to them regarding future events, the temple of the Lord, the sacrifices, and the eternal sacrifice of Christ.

I'm hoping this won't be a debate, but if it does turn into a debate, the moderators are free to move this into the debate forum if necessary.
First let me start by saying. Yeshua Hamashiach . I am not Jewish that I know of my ancestors are Sicilian. However during Queen Isabella's reign the Jews were persecuted vehemently in Spain as well as other parts of the world. A lot of Jewish immigrants or maybe I should say refugees migrated to Sicily.Maybe that is why I have a deep love and respect for the Jewish people or maybe it is because my Lord is a Jew. That is why I will comment on your post. Not that it isn't relevant to this last hour we are living in. I speak now on direct revelation from the One who sits high and looks low, the One whose name is mighty, the One who sits upon the circle of the earth. The Lord God Jehovah is His name all knowing all powerful is He.The Lord has been showing me this and it is coming to pass in my own life as well as the congregation that I attend worship services at. He has been increasing visions and dreams the prophetic gifts are flowing every week. At a rate that I would say that what the prophet Joel prophesied is coming to pass. The relevance of the temple sacrifices are obvious Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever. Even if we do not observe the Jewish high holidays He does... I will go on to say this and it is probably the most controversial part. But let God be true and every man a liar. I have been shown by direct Revelation that His church will not be raptured pre trib as many preachers preach from the pulpits of America. I believe it is out of a need to tickle the ears of the ones who do not really press in to know the Lord. Anyway the Lord does not change. We all shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye However the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt three million strong with an outstretched arm and a strong and mighty hand. He protected them from the plagues of Egypt by showing them what to do not to be affected. It stands to reason and your posts confirms it The Lord does not change the same way he took them out he will take us out. The same God that delivered them will deliver us His Church. And the good part is this in early Jan. Of this year the Lord told me I am about to preform my good word toward you. I said that's nice Lord what word is that He said the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. Just as the Lord told the Israelites to spoil the Eygptians so shall we spoil the kingdoms of this world the merchants of tarshish he that has ears let him hear what the Spirt of the Lord is saying. Am I getting to deep?
Isaiah says chapter 23:17 And it shall come to pass after the end of seventy years, that the LORD will visit Tyre, and she shall turn to her hire, and shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth.
And her merchandise and her hire shall be holiness to the LORD: it shall not be treasured nor laid up; for her merchandise shall be for them that dwell before the LORD, to eat sufficiently, and for durable clothing. He also has been saying this to me Haggai Chapter 2
6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.
The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.
9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.
I believe we can all agree that the kingdoms of this world are being shaken and the abomination of desolation spoken of by the Prophet Daniel is already on the scene plotting how to gain control over Israel so he can be worshiped in the Holy temple of Ezekial. I know this is alot to chew on so spit out the Dry Bones and chew on what you can. InHiservice

a fellow Watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Markus6

Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Houston
✟22,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel was before the building of the second temple right? Any idea how that fits in?
To add to myself (I'm trying to work this out for myself) how about this verse:
Revelation 21 (NASB) said:
22I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
do you have any scriptural basis for the idea that the church has temporarily taken over from Israel?

Steve

p.s. there is no such thing as 'church' but there is something called 'the body of Christ' also called the 'israel of God' - remnant mentality.

I am not into dispensationalism.... throughout history the thing that pleases God is faith in Messiah to redeem... both before Jesus came and after... nothings changed.

The Body of Christ is His Church, His Bride.

God is into dispensationalism! God has never changed, but His dealings with His people do.

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
i suppose they do... before jesus came, the righteous will live by faith... whilst jesus was on earth, the righteous will live by faith... after jesus' death, the righteous will live by faith... after jesus' ascension the righteous will live by faith, and after the giving of the Spirit at Shavu'ot, the righteous will live by faith.

So what do I see here... the righteous in all eras have lived by faith... and we know it is faith that pleases God.

all church is, is a congregation of people... that's all it means. The idea of a called out people is true... but Israel is also referred to as the 'church'... exactly the same word... ecclesia.

Steve

Sure the way God deals with people changes, but the things that brings salvation was the same all along and is typified in many of the ancient Jewish prayers which would have been known to the disciples and recited every day... for example

Your might is eternal, O Lord, Who revives the dead, powerful in saving, Who sustains the living with loving-kindness, Who revives the dead with great mercy, Who supports the falling, heals the sick, frees the captive, and keeps faith with those asleep in the dust. Who is like You, Almighty, and who resembles You, O King? Who can bring death and give life, and can make salvation blossom forth! And faithful are You to revive the dead. Blessed are You, LORD, Who revives the dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
H

HEisGoodalways

We(the body of Christ) are the temple

1 Peter 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Our bodies are living sacrifices in the spiritual temple

Romans 12

Living Sacrifices to God

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

It is a spiritual kingdom!! We are not of this natural world!!

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
We(the body of Christ) are the temple

1 Peter 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Our bodies are living sacrifices in the spiritual temple

Romans 12

Living Sacrifices to God

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

It is a spiritual kingdom!! We are not of this natural world!!

We are a temple while here on earth.

What is described in Ezekiel and Revelations is not us. It's a real temple in a real earth with real people bringing their sacrifices.

When you say it's a spiritual kingdom, what is it that you are saying? That it's just going to be in our minds perhaps????

Upvote 0

He put me back together

Official Hog washer
Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
✟4,092.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The "old covenant," that is the school master, shadows of things to come, did not cease at the cross. Heaven and earth had not yet passed.

[FONT=&quot]Mat 5:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mat 5:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.[/FONT]

The evidence in Scripture is rather clear that believers, believers who were physically circumsized Hebrews, not only kept Sabbath, but offered sacrifices after the death and resurrection of Messiah, though perhaps not the yearly sacrifices for sin.

[FONT=&quot]Act 21:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And having greeted them, he was relating one by one what Elohim [Theos] had done among the gentiles through his service. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And when they heard it, they praised the Master. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many thousands of Yehud[/FONT][FONT=&quot]̱[/FONT][FONT=&quot]im there are who have believed, and all are ardent for the Torah. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “And they have been informed about you that you teach all the Yehud[/FONT][FONT=&quot]̱[/FONT][FONT=&quot]im who are among the gentiles to forsake Mosheh, saying not to circumcise the children nor to walk according to the practices. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:22[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “What then is it? They shall certainly hear that you have come. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:23[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “So do this, what we say to you: We have four men who have taken a vow. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:24[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Take them and be cleansed with them, and pay their expenses so that they shave their heads. And all shall know that what they have been informed about you is not so, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Torah. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:25[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “But concerning the gentiles who believe, we have written and decided that they should keep themselves from what is offered to idols, and blood, and what is strangled, and whoring.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:26[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Then Sha’ul took the men on the next day, and having been cleansed with them, went into the Set-apart Place to announce the completion of the days of separation – until the offering should be presented for each one of them. [/FONT]

But this is not the end of it. Paul had more to say about the future of the school master, and the corruption of it.

[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Now the summary of what we are saying is: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Greatness in the heavens, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and who serves in the set-apart place and of the true Tent, which [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot] set up, and not man. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:3[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and slaughters. So it was also necessary for this One to have somewhat to offer. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For if indeed He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the Torah, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot] who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly, as Mosheh was warned when he was about to make the Tent. For He said, “See that you make all according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] But now He has obtained a more excellent service, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was constituted on better promises. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For finding fault with them, He says, “See, the days are coming,” says [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot], “when I shall conclude with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehud[/FONT][FONT=&quot]̱[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ah a renewed covenant, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot] not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Mitsrayim, because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them,” says [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Because this is the covenant that I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, says [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot], giving My laws in their mind, and I shall write them on their hearts, and I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “And they shall by no means teach each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot],’ because they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Because I shall forgive their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawlessnesses I shall no longer remember.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot] By saying, ‘renewed,’ He has made the first old. Now what becomes old and growing aged is near disappearing.[/FONT]

Just as the children of Israel wandered in the desert for 40 years after Sinai, so Israel kept Torah for 40 years after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Then, as Messiah prophesied, the abomination of desolation was set up in the Holy place—the scum of the land of Israel overwhelmed the people of Jerusalem and entered the temple, unclean, and spilling the blood of their countrymen therein. They filled the temple with whoredom, homosexuality, injustice, and war. At times so many of their brethren were killed in the temple that blood flowed on its floors.

They defiled the city and the temple, and killed the high priests to set up their own. They withstood Rome, fighting Rome and each other, until the people of the city, 1.6 million of them, died either at their own hands or by starvation. Titus of Rome pleaded with them to spare the city, but they set their own temple afire, and part of it burned by the hands of Jews.

In the end, Titus burned the entire temple to the ground. Not one stone, of any wall, was left upon another. He left the western wall of the city (NOT OF THE TEMPLE) standing for the sake of the Romans. [The War of the Jews, books 6 & 7]

This was the passing of heaven and earth, the throne and footstool of Elohim, as the Temple was called in the Torah and Prophets.

We are the third temple, the temple made without hands and there will not be a fourth.
This is the teaching for which our brother Stephanos was killed. This fraud in Palestine that we call “Israel” today may indeed build another building, and they may produce something that will be called an “arc of the covenant,” but it will not be a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. Animals may be slaughtered, but they will not atone for sin. There is one atonement for sin, for Hebrews, for the Caucasians pretending to be Hebrews, and for other gentiles alike. That is the blood of Messiah. Salvation is not genetic, and the children of Abraham are those of new Jerusalem, not of old Jerusalem, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
H

Heavenly Realm

The "old covenant," that is the school master, shadows of things to come, did not cease at the cross. Heaven and earth had not yet passed.

[FONT=&quot]Mat 5:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mat 5:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.[/FONT]

The evidence in Scripture is rather clear that believers, believers who were physically circumsized Hebrews, not only kept Sabbath, but offered sacrifices after the death and resurrection of Messiah, though perhaps not the yearly sacrifices for sin.

[FONT=&quot]Act 21:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And having greeted them, he was relating one by one what Elohim [Theos] had done among the gentiles through his service. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And when they heard it, they praised the Master. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many thousands of Yehud[/FONT][FONT=&quot]̱[/FONT][FONT=&quot]im there are who have believed, and all are ardent for the Torah. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “And they have been informed about you that you teach all the Yehud[/FONT][FONT=&quot]̱[/FONT][FONT=&quot]im who are among the gentiles to forsake Mosheh, saying not to circumcise the children nor to walk according to the practices. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:22[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “What then is it? They shall certainly hear that you have come. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:23[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “So do this, what we say to you: We have four men who have taken a vow. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:24[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Take them and be cleansed with them, and pay their expenses so that they shave their heads. And all shall know that what they have been informed about you is not so, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Torah. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:25[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “But concerning the gentiles who believe, we have written and decided that they should keep themselves from what is offered to idols, and blood, and what is strangled, and whoring.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Act 21:26[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Then Sha’ul took the men on the next day, and having been cleansed with them, went into the Set-apart Place to announce the completion of the days of separation – until the offering should be presented for each one of them. [/FONT]

But this is not the end of it. Paul had more to say about the future of the school master, and the corruption of it.

[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Now the summary of what we are saying is: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Greatness in the heavens, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and who serves in the set-apart place and of the true Tent, which [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot] set up, and not man. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:3[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and slaughters. So it was also necessary for this One to have somewhat to offer. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For if indeed He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the Torah, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot] who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly, as Mosheh was warned when he was about to make the Tent. For He said, “See that you make all according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] But now He has obtained a more excellent service, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was constituted on better promises. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For finding fault with them, He says, “See, the days are coming,” says [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot], “when I shall conclude with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehud[/FONT][FONT=&quot]̱[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ah a renewed covenant, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot] not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Mitsrayim, because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them,” says [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Because this is the covenant that I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, says [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot], giving My laws in their mind, and I shall write them on their hearts, and I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “And they shall by no means teach each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know [/FONT][FONT=&quot]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=&quot],’ because they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Because I shall forgive their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawlessnesses I shall no longer remember.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heb 8:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot] By saying, ‘renewed,’ He has made the first old. Now what becomes old and growing aged is near disappearing.[/FONT]

Just as the children of Israel wandered in the desert for 40 years after Sinai, so Israel kept Torah for 40 years after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Then, as Messiah prophesied, the abomination of desolation was set up in the Holy place—the scum of the land of Israel overwhelmed the people of Jerusalem and entered the temple, unclean, and spilling the blood of their countrymen therein. They filled the temple with whoredom, homosexuality, injustice, and war. At times so many of their brethren were killed in the temple that blood flowed on its floors.

They defiled the city and the temple, and killed the high priests to set up their own. They withstood Rome, fighting Rome and each other, until the people of the city, 1.6 million of them, died either at their own hands or by starvation. Titus of Rome pleaded with them to spare the city, but they set their own temple afire, and part of it burned by the hands of Jews.

In the end, Titus burned the entire temple to the ground. Not one stone, of any wall, was left upon another. He left the western wall of the city (NOT OF THE TEMPLE) standing for the sake of the Romans. [The War of the Jews, books 6 & 7]

This was the passing of heaven and earth, the throne and footstool of Elohim, as the Temple was called in the Torah and Prophets.

We are the third temple, the temple made without hands and there will not be a fourth. This is the teaching for which our brother Stephanos was killed. This fraud in Palestine that we call “Israel” today may indeed build another building, and they may produce something that will be called an “arc of the covenant,” but it will not be a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. Animals may be slaughtered, but they will not atone for sin. There is one atonement for sin, for Hebrews, for the Caucasians pretending to be Hebrews, and for other gentiles alike. That is the blood of Messiah. Salvation is not genetic, and the children of Abraham are those of new Jerusalem, not of old Jerusalem, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt.
Hi,I was taught growing up in a Christian household that the old Covenenat was ended,like the it says in the book of Hebrews.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,I was taught growing up in a Christian household that the old Covenenat was ended,like the it says in the book of Hebrews.

Not everything we were taught in our Christian households was correct. We must go by the whole of scripture, not what we were taught by those, who like us, were imperfect and going by what they were taught by others too.

They may have been Godly teachers and they meant well, but they were/are wrong. It's God who has the say-so and HE says it's not ended, like it says in the whole of the Bible.

If anyone thinks the writer of Hebrews is disagreeing with God, then they must choose to believe God, not the writer of Hebrews. I personally don't believe the writer of Hebrews is disagreeing with God.

I think the religious people of the ages adjusted scripture to say what they wanted it to say in order to rule the people and then they taught that it says such'n'such and that many have just accepted it without question. We read the word with pre-decided notions of what it says and what it does not say. When we put aside what we've been taught something says and read it for what it really says, we see that in many a case we have been taught wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.