heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When people think of it fondly and get into a daily habit of checking, they start gradually assigning power to something that has no power. They lose grasp of making decisions made by wisdom, scriptural reflections, assessment of facts, respectable advice, and feedback from prayer.

Everyone says it's innocent amusement when they start. Alcoholics don't set out to be alcoholics... so with cult members, junkies, pregnant teens, nail biters, shopping addicts, gamblers, cat collectors... humans are addictive by nature.

I will let others post scriptures, and there are some... but just let this gel. Read through Proverbs too for a general mindset of how we can wisely approach life.

Life is short, and we spend a lot of time and energy on our innocent past-times. Anything we can do to take charge and follow our real convictions, help real needs around us... leaning that way can give us a life we look back on and admire.

Upvote 0

ahzmort

Lets run around & do things set to popular mus
Mar 21, 2011
NC
Visit site
✟7,791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You say you don't 'plan on' assigning power to something man made, but that means you missed the point of heron's post. The idea he gave is how things that start out seemingly harmless gradually grow into something you never expected it to be.
All of that stuff, though is founded in occult belief. If you're going to take the attitude that its 'fun' to dabble into occult practices, then why stop at zodiac/horoscopes? Why not try some astral projection, just for 'fun'?
Astrology (zodiac/horoscope) started in ancient BABYLON. Then became formalized by the ancient Greeks.
Deuteronomy 18:9-14,18-22 - Occult practices, including divination, are an abomination to God. V14 specifically forbids listening to diviners. "Divining" is attempting to predict the future by occult or mystical methods. But astrology is part of the occult and attempts to predict the future. So by definition, astrology constitutes occult divination, which God forbids.
2 Kings 17:16-18 - Jeremiah 10:2
For more info check out
gospelway. com/religiousgroups/ astrology.php
just take out the spaces, i think i'm still too noobish to link yet.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

Kaitlin08

Dec 4, 2010
✟8,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
I think reading horoscopes and so on could actually be a good reminder to people that there's a lot in the world they can't control. If there used to be a problem, many centuries ago, of relying too much on the stars, today the problem is quite different: a belief that there are no stars.

Upvote 0

ahzmort

Lets run around & do things set to popular mus
Mar 21, 2011
NC
Visit site
✟7,791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To TSU... you asked for scripture, you got it. you had 2 people plainly state the dangers, & the scriptures stating clearly it is an occult practice, yet you're still arguing. Did you really want truth or just looking for someone else to justify your actions? Methinks you just are looking for someone to agree with you. So i'm done here.

to Kait... ummm? Firstly i don't think people need to involve themselves in an occult practice to be reminded they can't control the world around them. Secondly, the 'problem' isn't just 'many centuries ago' its still current & common & active now. Thats why nearly every newspaper prints horoscopes, & other aspects of astrology are common in society. Lastly, a belief that there are no stars? Um... huh?

Upvote 0

Kaitlin08

Dec 4, 2010
✟8,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
Stars is an archaic way of referring to destiny, which readers of Shakespeare might well recognize. The spiritual powers, in ancient times identified with the stars, are only as strong as the strength we give them. "Though I would not have you eat at the table of demons," Paul said, "still we as the body of Christ know that an idol has no real existence." The Christian way is not to fear these things.

Upvote 0

tsuanthony

Jan 18, 2010
Oregon... rain :D
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To TSU... you asked for scripture, you got it. you had 2 people plainly state the dangers, & the scriptures stating clearly it is an occult practice, yet you're still arguing. Did you really want truth or just looking for someone else to justify your actions? Methinks you just are looking for someone to agree with you. So i'm done here.

to Kait... ummm? Firstly i don't think people need to involve themselves in an occult practice to be reminded they can't control the world around them. Secondly, the 'problem' isn't just 'many centuries ago' its still current & common & active now. Thats why nearly every newspaper prints horoscopes, & other aspects of astrology are common in society. Lastly, a belief that there are no stars? Um... huh?

im not looking for anyone to agree with me; I brought it out to the table for simple discussion
:)
thanks anyways for the scriptures :o

Upvote 0