Thoughts on feminism?

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
But your sex is a physical thing, just like your skin colour or whatever. How can you be born the opposite sex to your sex?

sex is also a genetic thing...and there are people with more than one DNA which is accomplished in womb by absorbing a twin...a twin that isn't always known

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course you would as you are males.

Women who trans is smaller, and I don’t see men being asked not to say or speak certain things because it offends their “brother”

Though I know in Scotland they are looking at allowing “men” to have abortions since it’s only legal for male.

Also trans men worries me because are we telling young females that being “butch” or more into masculine things mean they are “men”

Same also goes for transwomen as well, their is nothing wrong with a feminine women. 80% of transwomen don’t have a sex reversal

Yeah, it all just goes to show how confusing the world becomes when you make the truth (or in this case gender) relative. Eventually nobody knows what is up or down anymore. It is amazing to me that a movement that only makes the world more confusing would be viewed as "progressive."

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Of course you would as you are males.

Women who trans is smaller, and I don’t see men being asked not to say or speak certain things because it offends their “brother”

Though I know in Scotland they are looking at allowing “men” to have abortions since it’s only legal for male.

Also trans men worries me because are we telling young females that being “butch” or more into masculine things mean they are “men”

Same also goes for transwomen as well, their is nothing wrong with a feminine women. 80% of transwomen don’t have a sex reversal

I thought young females who were a bit more butch were simply called "tomboys" and this didn't mean they were men

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
See, this is how I know when someone has been exposed to too much conservative media. Politically biased media is like a heat missile looking for the most bizarre examples of the viewpoint it opposes because it's low-hanging fruit. I have never seen someone wearing the stuff you are talking about or behaving in the manner that you are describing. If this were 50 years ago, you wouldn't even know such bizarre behavior occurred across the country.

Well I’ve never wore a vagina hat (though the vagina is inside the women so that would be a bit strange to design- our other genitalia do have other names.

And I don’t hate men either would be very hard when I am surrounded by them. Patriarchy is just as damaging to men.

And I’ve been to Tons of events and never been forced or been asked to do any of those things

If you want to be listened then you need to listen to others as well.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I thought young females who were a bit more butch were simply called "tomboys" and this didn't mean they were men

“Tomboy” why can’t they just be girls.....

It’s stuff like that, that are making young girls question themselves.

And I’ve met quite a few

Also as far as say they are non-binary

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
See, this is how I know when someone has been exposed to too much conservative media. Politically biased media is like a heat missile looking for the most bizarre examples of the viewpoint it opposes because it's low-hanging fruit. I have never seen someone wearing the stuff you are talking about or behaving in the manner that you are describing. If this were 50 years ago, you wouldn't even know such bizarre behavior occurred across the country.
Will you please stop taking pot shots at me? Seriously, it's getting old. I know you think I just sit around and watch nothing but conservative news, but you're dead wrong. You don't have to go far to find pictures of women's marches where they're dressed up like vaginas and carrying vulgar signs around. It's wall-to-wall coverage on virtually every news network when it happens.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
“Tomboy” why can’t they just be girls.....

It’s stuff like that, that are making young girls question themselves.

And I’ve met quite a few

Also as far as say they are non-binary

Well, I liked the label as a kid and so did my daughter...but we never thought that made us male.

I don't think this label is what is making our girls question their sexual preferences. More often I think it is our hypersexual society that turns girls off of sex or having relationships with men because the concept of sex seems gross to them. There are plenty of kids who are preferring to call themselves asexual for the same reason.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Well, I liked the label as a kid and so did my daughter...but we never thought that made us male.

I don't think this label is what is making our girls question their sexual preferences. More often I think it is our hypersexual society that turns girls off of sex or having relationships with men because the concept of sex seems gross to them. There are plenty of kids who are preferring to call themselves asexual for the same reason.

Sexual preference is totally different from what you gender or non gender you identify with.

Being transman does not stop you from having sex

Being asexual is something totally different.

Since I’ve worked with and volunteered round young LbTQ+ this is the type of conversation they are having and sayings. The whole butch thing is only one thing they are saying.

See when we have debates people can we stop with the I personally/ or I know ONE person and they said X Y Z! You do realise there are billions of people on this planet. That’s why research is important.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Sexual preference is totally different from what you gender or non gender you identify with.

Being transman does not stop you from having sex

Being asexual is something totally different.

Since I’ve worked with and volunteered round young LbTQ+ this is the type of conversation they are having and sayings. The whole butch thing is only one thing they are saying.

See when we have debates people can we stop with the I personally/ or I know ONE person and they said X Y Z! You do realise there are billions of people on this planet. That’s why research is important.

Considering I work on the Women's unit at a huge hospital, yes, I am aware that there are many different types of women. Out of curiousity, did you really read all 391 pages of the report you linked?

And feminism doesn't have to do with the gender you identify with. I really do not believe that very many people really do not identify with the gender they were born with. Trans is a very small and unique sector of our population.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Erm yes I did - I also used in a paper I wrote for university. Shocking I know

So can you summarize it for those of us not specializing in that topic? Are there places where women are getting paid less with the same experience and same education? I think those marching for "equal" rights in the US are sort of not realizing that this is more a world issue and not so much a 1st world problem. I know in my job, we are paid by our years experience in a specialty...and it doesn't matter if the nurse is male or female.

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Will you please stop taking pot shots at me? Seriously, it's getting old. I know you think I just sit around and watch nothing but conservative news, but you're dead wrong. You don't have to go far to find pictures of women's marches where they're dressed up like vaginas and carrying vulgar signs around. It's wall-to-wall coverage on virtually every news network when it happens.

Not really something I go looking for pictures of, but hey, to each his own. =P

And my point is more that your posts are evidence of someone whose viewpoints are very much media-driven. I limit my exposure to news so that I can know what's going on in the world without getting caught up in all of the talking points and absurdity of it all. It also makes it easier to maintain a biblical perspective rather than a conservative, liberal, or secular perspective.
The most bizarre examples are the ones that tend to be the most newsworthy (and the ones that most often show up in your posts), but to me they are the ones that are least representative of their worldview and are better off ignored.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And that's something I've been working on, to be honest. I have been making a better effort. I'd rather you debated my points rather than going straight for the personal innuendos about how my posts have no reason or I just echo right-wing media without any thought of my own. I do have my own thoughts and experiences. If I'm wrong, then that's fine. I enjoy learning and taking on new perspectives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Just to note.

I have a english exam on Friday after Friday I will post a summary... obviously I didn’t use the full report in my paper. With that report it will take 170 years for equality (remember this takes in worldwide)

As per usual the Scandinavia ranked high.

I know their was a 2017 report.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Not really something I go looking for pictures of, but hey, to each his own. =P

And my point is more that your posts are evidence of someone whose viewpoints are very much media-driven. I limit my exposure to news so that I can know what's going on in the world without getting caught up in all of the talking points and absurdity of it all. It also makes it easier to maintain a biblical perspective rather than a conservative, liberal, or secular perspective.
The most bizarre examples are the ones that tend to be the most newsworthy (and the ones that most often show up in your posts), but to me they are the ones that are least representative of their worldview and are better off ignored.

Now, I am going to have to back Saucy on this one. 2.7 million women marching in Washington last January isn't really a bizarre or nothing event. And yes, they wore rauchy hats and carried inappropriate and rude signs trying to forward the message of political feminism. It would have been hard to miss if you were watching any of the inauguration activities.

• Agree
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Now, I am going to have to back Saucy on this one. 2.7 million women marching in Washington last January isn't really a bizarre or nothing event. And yes, they wore rauchy hats and carried inappropriate and rude signs trying to forward the message of political feminism. It would have been hard to miss if you were watching any of the inauguration activities.
They did it again this year too. It wasn't covered as strongly as it was after the inauguration, but like you said, it wasn't just one or two people haha.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Just to note.

I have a english exam on Friday after Friday I will post a summary... obviously I didn’t use the full report in my paper. With that report it will take 170 years for equality (remember this takes in worldwide)

As per usual the Scandinavia ranked high.

I know their was a 2017 report.

Sadly, the women here in American some how think supporting the wearing of burkas and head scarfs somehow supports women's rights...and forwards their movemen. When in reality, it supports the opposite in countries that really need equal rights for women.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0