Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know enough to speak too much on this because I don't know what all being a feminist entails. But my gut reaction is that feminists and myself probably wouldn't get along too much. Femmys' viewpoints don't exactly line up with what the traditional perspective of the Bible's role is for women.

But if any feminists here want to explain what exactly a femmy's role would be in conjuction with what the Word says then I'd be willing to listen

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are you thoughts on this? Can a girl (or guy for that matter) be both Christian and feminist? Would you get involved in a relationship with someone who identifies this way, why or why not, etc.

If an individual says they are "Christian", then they are Christian, so it makes little difference. But, I would say that the feminist follows the teachings of Christ more closely.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a male feminist. Your sex does not matter. The feminist is one who recognizes that God has created Male and Female as equals. Before God, there is absolutely no difference. As feminists, we pray for the day that women earn the same pay as men for the same work and that their voices are heard equally in social, political and work environments.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Can a girl (or guy for that matter) be both Christian and feminist?
Sure.

There are going to be people in both groups who say that you're not a true Christian or a true feminist, but that's the case for every feminist and every Christian, even if a person is only one or the other. For pretty much every single belief, there is someone out there who would say "That's incompatible with my definition of this group."

Upvote 0

ChurchMilitant

A Christian(Traditional Catholic)
Jan 23, 2018
Ontario
✟12,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't know enough to speak too much on this because I don't know what all being a feminist entails. But my gut reaction is that feminists and myself probably wouldn't get along too much. Femmys' viewpoints don't exactly line up with what the traditional perspective of the Bible's role is for women.

But if any feminists here want to explain what exactly a femmy's role would be in conjuction with what the Word says then I'd be willing to listen
My opinion is basically like this. It does not line up with sacred scripture's of the role of women.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the true sense of it, believing men and women are equal, I wouldn't date anyone who wasn't a feminist. That doesn't mean there aren't still gender roles, but I think it's a matter of understanding that each persons role is of equal importance.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are you thoughts on this? Can a girl (or guy for that matter) be both Christian and feminist? Would you get involved in a relationship with someone who identifies this way, why or why not, etc.

There are a ton of articles out there about the feminization of the church and how it has become rampant.

One key obvious thing about this is the church attendance is way higher with women, than men.

Why men stay away from the feminized church

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I am a feminist in the way it means I believe that men and women are created as equal humans in God's eyes...even while we are made uniquely different. However, I do not own a pink "cat" hat and don't believe that women are better than men, which seems to be the modern definition of "feminist".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am a male feminist. Your sex does not matter. The feminist is one who recognizes that God has created Male and Female as equals. Before God, there is absolutely no difference. As feminists, we pray for the day that women earn the same pay as men for the same work and that their voices are heard equally in social, political and work environments.

You don't have to be a feminist to recognize that male and females are equal in the eyes of God. A nonfeminist can hold that same ideal but still believe that there are predetermined roles set down that men and women can hold.
Before God there is no difference in status, but there is a difference in roles.
A feminist believes a woman can be pastor. a non feminist does not. that doesn't mean men are better than women, it is just a role men are given to play that women are not.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to be a feminist to recognize that male and females are equal in the eyes of God. A nonfeminist can hold that same ideal but still believe that there are predetermined roles set down that men and women can hold.
Before God there is no difference in status, but there is a difference in roles.
A feminist believes a woman can be pastor. a non feminist does not. that doesn't mean men are better than women, it is just a role men are given to play that women are not.
The status of women in a society is closely related to the advance of civilization. In our future, the people of the world will more closely embrace the teachings of Christ and a true brotherhood of man (and women) will be ours. Soon, there will be no panic when a woman becomes a pastor....

Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The status of women in a society is closely related to the advance of civilization. In our future, the people of the world will more closely embrace the teachings of Christ and a true brotherhood of man (and women) will be ours. Soon, there will be no panic when a woman becomes a pastor....

except that's not with the Bible says. according to scripture, females are neither suitable to be pastors (but this does not mean men are better or more valued than women), nor will the world more closely embrace the teaching of Christ.
But we will have to agree to differ on those two. I do not wish to derail this thread in a fruitless argument.
And it will be fruitless because you won't convince me.

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
dumpster-fire.jpg

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Can a girl (or guy for that matter) be both Christian and feminist?
Can a Christian kill themselves and still make heaven?

I guess it's possible, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.
Would you get involved in a relationship with someone who identifies this way, why or why not, etc.
Romantically, I wouldn't touch a feminist with a 50 foot poll. Women already HAVE equal rights here in the West. They have achieved it. So anyone identifying with a movement that fights for a goal that was already achieved IMO is someone not to be trusted.

Upvote 0