Those against abortion, have you adopted?

Have you adopted children?

• Yes

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you GIVE your taxes if you werent forced to PAY them by law? Do you believe you should have the ability to choose to pay and pay the amount you desire to the places you believe need it? Or do you agree that your choice to pay, or not pay, should rightfully be taken away because of the many who may do wrong in giving? If so, your beliefs are in line with your views here, and you are rightfully treating your neighbors as you desire to be treated yourself.
If I did not have to pay taxes that would be even more of the resources God blessed me with to share and minister to others.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I saw this thread when it first appeared and I had a suspicion at that time. 100 comments later I checked back in and scanned through them and guess what? The OP is nowhere to be seen. What a shock! Make a ridiculous claim to try'n stir people up, then go hide under a rock without comment... sad.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw this thread when it first appeared and I had a suspicion at that time. 100 comments later I checked back in and scanned through them and guess what? The OP is nowhere to be seen. What a shock! Make a ridiculous claim to try'n stir people up, then go hide under a rock without comment... sad.
Are you suggesting that his account was hacked? trolls usually do not make more that 20k posts before starting to troll....

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk1540
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that his account was hacked? trolls usually do not make more that 20k posts before starting to troll....
Naw, nothing like that. I just think it's... lets say... disrespectful, of people and the topic.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As with many issues, people voice their support so long as it doesn't land in their backyard. The homeless shelter on their street, for example.

Another example is being against abortion but not adopting children, especially those from unwanted pregnancies.

I only know of one person to do it and he's one of the few people I can honestly say puts their money where their mouth is.

So, those of you against abortion, have you adopted? If not, why not?

Many would but the waiting lists are so long most never get a child to love. There are just too many people that would prefer that their offspring be dismembered and discarded than be adopted by a loving parent.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Kind of ridiculous since there is a waiting list 8000 miles long to adopt newborns. That is why people adopt overseas.
Perhaps more effort should be made to make adoption easier rather than making abortions easier.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps more effort should be made to make adoption easier rather than making abortions easier.
Likewise, more attention on making adoption easier is more helpful to the unborn than efforts in removing the choices of women.....

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As with many issues, people voice their support so long as it doesn't land in their backyard. The homeless shelter on their street, for example.

Another example is being against abortion but not adopting children, especially those from unwanted pregnancies.

I only know of one person to do it and he's one of the few people I can honestly say puts their money where their mouth is.

I haven't. Have a baby at home. He's the reason I went from being pro-choice to pro-life though. Saw that little heartbeat at 8 weeks and did a complete 180.

This argument is in bad faith. It's like asking those opposed to spousal abuse if they're only marrying divorcees.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope...not for abortion so we had kids. I guess we could have let the state have them..gave them up.. but.. nope.. we loved them so we had them. Took in missionaries...not a baby so maybe dont count.. pffft blah blah blah Since we jump to the extreme..whats the flip.. might a well be FOR abortion? Whats this about? You feel guilty about something? You think all, most kids up for adoption just didnt get aborted? So you helped the child.. pat your self on the back.. what about the real parents of the child? Reach out help them? Or the mother BEFORE she gives up that baby? Praise GOD that some out there do just that.

Well as Steve Martin once said "can we come back from la la land now". See I understand but.. you went the wrong way here. For even GOD the Father of our lord Jesus Christ does not talk to us like this. No cute guilt trips.

(its text..its NOT personal lol)
Whats next.. "do you REALLY love Jesus?" You really believe HE is the only way? You really believe if people dont hear or dont believe then they are lost for ever ..aka burn? We've done what about this? But we adopted a baby? :) How far we take this? Person comes over.. wow.. nice couch.. We dont have one. You say "here take it.. its yours..what else do you need? Take it"... yeah..

:) my point is.. its not what OTHERS are doing... what are YOU DOING for the kingdom 1st..for Christ 1st. What HE wants you to do. Fact.. we are not on this planet to please man. My parents took in allot of foster kids. My dad was American Indian. So allot were Indian kids. One stayed (I miss her allot). Some dont want to be adopted.

So.. if I offended..forgive me

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. The OP has not posted any comments since creating this thread. Perhaps the OP is busy with real life things.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. The OP has not posted any comments since creating this thread. Perhaps the OP is busy with real life things.
As we all are, but he had time enough to create the thread. I just think it is disingenuous to create a thread that is basically a major accusation, then not stick around to back up your accusation.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As we all are, but he had time enough to create the thread. I just think it is disingenuous to create a thread that is basically a major accusation, then not stick around to back up your accusation.
I understand where you are coming from. But we have no idea what is going on with the OP. Perhaps it is something serious. All I know is that since posting this tread, the OP has had no other activity on this forum. I hope he is okay.

• Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@High Fidelity you have six pages. Were your concerns addressed?

upload_2019-5-22_22-59-45.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Servant of Yeshua

Jan 17, 2019
Northern Hemisphere
✟14,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This type of dialogue will save many Children.........Dialogue concerning taking away the choices of women will save few children and anger many.

This may be the point the OP is trying to make...
Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

The baby murdered will go straight into the arms of our Lord. But the woman who has chosen to kill God's creation has put herself right into the clutches of the devil. Abortion will harden her heart and it will be a true miracle for her to be repentant of this sin against God and be saved.

This IS the Lord's battle, not mine. God is the ONLY author and creator of all life. He is the only one who has the right and authority to stop a beating heart. God has knit EACH child into the womb (Psalm 139:13-16) and the bible says that He knew each person BEFORE He formed them. Jeremiah 1:5.
History constantly repeats itself and we already can know based on the bible what God does with a nation who sheds the innocent blood of God's children. There is a 12 min video by Jonathan Cahn called New York's Gruesome Law of Baal.

Take it up with God. I did not make this set up He did. I trust He is always right. But you can just argue at God for His set up of needing women to be the temporary caregiver. In the meantime you can be assured that God is the same today as He was yesterday which means that America is in danger of ruin for legally putting God's children to death and calling His precious creation " a choice". One day every knee shall bow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The same law makers that protect abortion
Also make it as difficult as possible to adopt a child ... It's insane

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

Have you considered the fact that there are simply not enough children available to adopt to meet the demand? - and that's the result of the murder of over 60 million babies that were eliminated from the list of available children to adopt.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

I myself was in fact adopted. Moreover, my church supports a ministry to help with adoption.

I'm a little baffled by the argument. So if someone is not willing to take another person in, and care for them, then we should allow you to murder that person? Is that the argument?

If I don't want to take care of a baby, then we should make it legal to murder the baby. Then why does it matter if it is out of the womb, or still in the womb then, if that is the argument?

By that logic.... a toddler at 2-years-old, if I decide I don't want it, and someone isn't willing to adopt it.... then I should just kill it.

That's what that argument is effectively implying.

Citing adoption, basically means we should just legalize murder of anyone that no one wants to take care of. Everyone that is elderly, or disabled, or is otherwise in need of assistance to live, we should just murder them if no one wants to do the caring?

But the real answer is..... (crazy thought coming).... don't get pregnant, or impregnate a women, if you don't want a baby. Crazy? Funny given at 41 years of age, I've managed to avoid doing that, yet somehow it's magically impossible to the people who support murder.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I don't want to take care of a baby, then we should make it legal to murder the baby. Then why does it matter if it is out of the womb, or still in the womb then, if that is the argument?
No the argument is, if you care about the child.....you should care about them even after they leave the womb. The care should last beyond the womb if we are indeed taking away women ability to choose for themselves, solely because we care about the child. And there were many ways to support outside of abortions.

You agree with one who would force millions of children into the forster system, and never think about them once they are there? One who never desires to donate to them or encourage others to adopt?

Whether abortion =murder or abortion is equivalent to the murder of a preacher with a family, is a different debate topic.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.