This world is without sin; however, there is still evil.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please excuse. The reason why sin is gone is because sin cannot apply to anything we can do, in this world. Sin was from the foundation of the world, and was regarding the Word of the LORD, who made the heavens. Psalms 33:6.
This Universe must be perfect; true, and this is proven by Science. There is no sin because there is nothing that will break the laws in this Universe!

So essentially you are saying that when people lie, murder, steal, commit adultery, they are not sinning, because of the definition of sin?

If I am wrong about your point, please feel free to correct me. Just wanted to understand how you see that to be possible. Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please excuse. There is no sin because there is nothing that will break the laws in this heaven, the Universe!
Ok, so I was sort of correct. You are saying that at least at this current time, nothing we can do is wrong. So the Muslim sawing the head off a Christian is not wrong. A man lying to his wife is not wrong. Committing adultery is not wrong. Having unnatural relations with whomever or whatever is not wrong. That does not sound like any "heaven" to me and am sadden to think a Christian would see such as heaven. It is closer to a hell would be something I could agree with.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So essentially you are saying that when people lie, murder, steal, commit adultery, they are not sinning, because of the definition of sin?

If I am wrong about your point, please feel free to correct me. Just wanted to understand how you see that to be possible. Thanks for the reply.
But Christ gave His blood for my sin, I can no longer be guilty of it, no matter what I do. Jesus took it. But it may be evil, for which I would get punished. So, it's not a free ride and there may be retribution.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok, so I was sort of correct. You are saying that at least at this current time, nothing we can do is wrong. So the Muslim sawing the head off a Christian is not wrong. A man lying to his wife is not wrong. Committing adultery is not wrong. Having unnatural relations with whomever or whatever is not wrong. That does not sound like any "heaven" to me and am sadden to think a Christian would see such as heaven. It is closer to a hell would be something I could agree with.
No, right and wrong has not entered into the discussion, until now. Of course it's wrong, but it's fair.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But Christ gave His blood for my sin, I can no longer be guilty of it, no matter what I do. Jesus took it. But it may be evil, for which I would get punished. So, it's not a free ride and there may be retribution.

Ok ... so your point then is not that there IS no sin, but rather your point is that you (or anyone else) can't be guilty for sin that is committed?

I'm not trying to argue, by the way (though I'm not in agreement). I'm just trying to understand what you are saying.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok ... so your point then is not that there IS no sin, but rather your point is that you (or anyone else) can't be guilty for sin that is committed?

I'm not trying to argue, by the way (though I'm not in agreement). I'm just trying to understand what you are saying.
Yes, you could say that.

Okay, thank you. I'm just trying to be understood! This is a great opportunity for me, thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, right and wrong has not entered into the discussion, until now. Of course it's wrong, but it's fair.
So you are saying all this evil is indeed sin, but it is fair that it exists. Am unclear how that makes the existence of evil and the suffering it causes not a punishment, as that was part of the curse. Also unclear in what sense we could declare the suffering of the innocent as "fair" in terms of Justice, as that represents an imbalance that needs to be corrected (and will be).

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I am saying is that there is no sin, because we have a new commandment in John 13:34 that does not apply. The Ten Commandments are no longer in effect.
Actually I believe God reflected on this, that if we followed that command we would be fulfilling all the requirements of the law.
"But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments” (Matthew 19:16-17).​
Further;
"Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practises and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:17-19)
And as His Words applied to the OT Law:
“Teacher, which command in the law is the greatest? ” He said to him, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important command. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands.”​

I do not see how these Words are compatible with the idea there is no guilt or punishment from failing to follow these Words. In fact He says it is required for our eternal happiness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So you are saying all this evil is indeed sin, but it is fair that it exists. Am unclear how that makes the existence of evil and the suffering it causes not a punishment, as that was part of the curse. Also unclear in what sense we could declare the suffering of the innocent as "fair" in terms of Justice, as that represents an imbalance that needs to be corrected (and will be).
No, it is inevitable that is exists.
Its a matter of interpretation. But yes, I believe sin exists, we are just not guilty of it, because Jesus "taketh away the sin of the world." He did this, I believe, when he made the stars also; today, the fourth day of the creation of the heaven and the earth.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Actually I believe God reflected on this, that if we followed that command we would be fulfilling all the requirements of the law.
"But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments” (Matthew 19:16-17).​
Further;
"Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practises and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:17-19)
And as His Words applied to the OT Law:
“Teacher, which command in the law is the greatest? ” He said to him, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important command. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands.”​

I do not see how these Words are compatible with the idea there is no guilt or punishment from failing to follow these Words. In fact He says it is required for our eternal happiness.
Because those words are for those of the third day of the creation, not for us of the fourth day of the creation.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because those words are for those of the third day of the creation, not for us of the fourth day of the creation.
So when is the forth day said to start, as obviously it could not have started when He said those things while He walked here.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So when is the forth day said to start, as obviously it could not have started when He said those things while He walked here.
The fourth day began when the stars were being made, as said in Genesis 1:16. All the KJV Bible was said or wrote from the beginning and third day of the creation. Today is the fourth day, it is different in that the stars cannot be undone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shane2336

Slave of Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2016
AZ (Most of the time)
✟33,669.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you.

I'm not sure why you're thanking me, Kenneth. Unfortunately, I couldn't disagree with you more. In fact, I think the message you are sharing here is a far cry from Christianity.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, what Jesus did for me on the cross was not enough!?! I must hedge God's bet on his son's death and believe or act a certain way, if I am to have eternal life. It doesn't matter that even though the Father gave his only begotten son, I, could change all that by the way I think?
Not hardly! We receive "salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus," 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV. The faith spoken of in Ephesians 2:8 KJV is not our faith, it is the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Don't be fooled, we do not have the faith of a grain of mustard seed! Much less, the faith to earn eternal life. The KJV Bible is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, it is not about man. We are just here because Jesus said so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I believe I 'do' understand. At least I understand what you have stated. I simply do not agree.

This world is full of more 'sin' than 'righteousness'.

The only others that I have ever encountered that indicate what you have stated are those that insist upon Universal Reconciliation.

A common tactic is to state that 'all are saved' or Christ didn't accomplish His mission.

Or, that by accomplishing His mission, sin no longer exists.

But the obviousness is that 'sin' still abounds. Any 'act' of disobedience is sin.

So long as Satan has dominion over 'this world', sin will remain.

Blessings,

MEC

• Agree
Reactions: Shane2336
Upvote 0

Shane2336

Slave of Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2016
AZ (Most of the time)
✟33,669.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
So, what Jesus did for me on the cross was not enough!?! I must hedge God's bet on his son's death and believe or act a certain way, if I am to have eternal life. It doesn't matter that even though the Father gave his only begotten son, I, could change all that by the way I think?
Not hardly! We receive "salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus," 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV. The faith spoken of in Ephesians 2:8 KJV is not our faith, it is the faith which is in Christ Jesus. Remember John 10:30 KJV, "I and [my] Father are one."
Don't be fooled, we do not have the faith of a grain of mustard seed! Much less, the faith to earn eternal life. The KJV Bible is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, it is not about man. We are just here because Jesus said so.
So, what about those that don't have faith in Christ?

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But I believe I 'do' understand. At least I understand what you have stated. I simply do not agree.

This world is full of more 'sin' than 'righteousness'.

The only others that I have ever encountered that indicate what you have stated are those that insist upon Universal Reconciliation.

A common tactic is to state that 'all are saved' or Christ didn't accomplish His mission.

Or, that by accomplishing His mission, sin no longer exists.

But the obviousness is that 'sin' still abounds. Any 'act' of disobedience is sin.

So long as Satan has dominion over 'this world', sin will remain.

Blessings,

MEC
Have you read John 1:29 KJV? Jesus took away the sin of the world, how can it still be here? You are confusing sin with the influence of evil. Beside, what you are saying does not apply to the fourth day; today, it was written for the third day of the creation.
You must first know where you are before you can understand what it means. We are on the fourth day of the creation. The KJV Bible was written from the third day of the creation, by which he came by water only; before he came by water and blood that Christ Jesus gave on the cross, 1 John 5:6.

Upvote 0