Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And her words actually emboldened me. I replied and said, "No, talking about GOD is not inappropriate, you are just a non-believer and that is why you are saying that."

In my family, we talk about Jesus, GOD, the Holy Bible, all the time, every day. We read the Bible every day. We are not ashamed about Jesus.

I hope I didn't come across as sounding mean or anything, I just remember that her e-mail to me really angered and emboldened me. She actually told me I was stupid. That angered me as well. It's not nice to call people names like that. She kind of hurt my feelings as well. I guess when you are not saved, the sin nature runs rampant and you can say all kinds of mean and hurtful things.

So you guys pray for her (that she will learn to be more nice), that she will turn her life around and come to the LORD.

I told her that I would never apologize to anyone about my faith and that she doesn't scare me in the least bit. I kind of stood up to her. That's the first time I have ever stood up to anyone about my faith. I wonder if she is shocked that I held my ground and that I didn't scream and run away. I wonder if GOD gave me the courage to do that.

Last edited:

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well good for you that you didn't back down.Nowadays it seems okay to boldly talk about any other perverted,sinful thing but as soon as you mention Jesus sometimes all you hear is crickets.I'll put this woman on my prayer list...

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I tell you what, I sing Christian music out loud everywhere I go. People laugh at me, look at me strange, but I don't care. I am unashamed. (Oh, people really react at the gas station I suppose because they're in a hurry and may already be irritated).
Don't let this person's insults get to you. You did the right thing by standing up for yourself and your faith.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I tell you what, I sing Christian music out loud everywhere I go. People laugh at me, look at me strange, but I don't care. I am unashamed. (Oh, people really react at the gas station I suppose because they're in a hurry and may already be irritated).
Don't let this person's insults get to you. You did the right thing by standing up for yourself and your faith.
Sing sister sing.................and praise the Lord.
The world will think we odd, crazy , I mean look at HOW it treated JESUS
and we are not above our master. IF the world hated him, it will us too.
JUST REJIOCE when you are persecuted for righteousness........leap for joy
for your reward is great in heaven.
Woe unto you when men shall speak well of you, for this did they to the false prophets.
The world and the lukewarm will hate the ones who truly are of Christ.
In truth I have found myself hated as much if not more by christains in mouth.
JUST REJIOCE peoples. I mean sing like your head , heart , soul is on fire FOR THE LORD
and always forgive those who hate you. But never conform to their ways.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And her words actually emboldened me. I replied and said, "No, talking about GOD is not inappropriate, you are just a non-believer and that is why you are saying that."

I hope I didn't come across as sounding mean or anything, I just remember that her e-mail to me really angered and emboldened me. She actually told me I was stupid. That angered me as well. It's not nice to call people names like that. She kind of hurt my feelings as well. I guess when you are not saved, the sin nature runs rampant and you can say all kinds of mean and hurtful things.

So you guys pray for her (that she will learn to be more nice), that she will turn her life around and come to the LORD.

I told her that I would never apologize to anyone about my faith and that she doesn't scare me in the least bit. I kind of stood up to her. That's the first time I have ever stood up to anyone about my faith. I wonder if she is shocked that I held my ground and that I didn't scream and run away. I wonder if GOD gave me the courage to do that.

That's what unbelievers do, often. Pray that your words will be empowered and guided by God's Holy Spirit, and that through God's guidance be gracious and timely and speaking to that person's hurt or need. And be respectful. Always. Otherwise we become less than honoring to God and when there is an angry response, we cannot say that we've been "persecuted", because what we have done is imposed an argument and offensiveness on someone who doesn't believe in God. It doesn't honor God and invites not only mockery of you, but of the God you profess.

Pray that God guides your every thought, word, and deed and that He grants you wisdom, discernment, and clarity.

Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Raphael Jauregui

Episcopalian, liberal Anglican, Mdiv
May 3, 2017
Mesa
✟28,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Someone saying that it's inappropriate is not persecution. Persecution is what is happening in other countries to Christians and Yazidis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Jacqueline Per my understanding this Forum is actually for people who are suffering truly horrific things for their faith. Perhaps if you will read some of the posts for them here, and see what they are suffering, you will not feel so
persecuted but blessed instead that you have not been through what they have been through.

All persecution is bad and I'm sorry if you have suffered it. Our Savior did tell us to expect it, though. However, again, the kind of suffering that this forum addresses, I believe, is for those who are losing their families, their crops, their homes, their jobs, their reputations, their freedom due to imprisonment and so on. I just personally hope and pray those are the ones focused on here, which is a special place for them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Per my understanding this Forum is actually for people who are suffering truly horrific things for their faith. Perhaps if you will read some of the posts for them here, and see what they are suffering, you will not feel persecuted but blessed instead that you have not been through what they have been through.
In the States, people do not suffer imprisonment for being Christian. But they are laughed at and derided. That ridicule is a form of persecution.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
That ridicule is a form of persecution.
Nope.
Ridicule:
the subjection of someone or something to contemptuous and dismissive language or behavior

Persecution:
punishment or harassment usually of a severe nature on the basis of race, religion, or political opinion in one's country of origin

In the U.S., you have freedom of religion....you also have the freedom to be completely annoying about your religion if you want to; however, don't claim persecution if folks react negatively to your annoying behavior. You have every right to be annoying, but don't get the mistaken impression that you're doing God's will by doing so...or that you're being "persecuted" if folks don't like it and tell you such.

IMO, singing any kind of music out loud everywhere you go would annoy the majority of people.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Nope.
Ridicule:
the subjection of someone or something to contemptuous and dismissive language or behavior

Persecution:
punishment or harassment usually of a severe nature on the basis of race, religion, or political opinion in one's country of origin

In the U.S., you have freedom of religion....you also have the freedom to be completely annoying about your religion if you want to; however, don't claim persecution if folks react negatively to your annoying behavior. You have every right to be annoying, but don't get the mistaken impression that you're doing God's will by doing so...or that you're being "persecuted" if folks don't like it and tell you such.

IMO, singing any kind of music out loud everywhere you go would annoy the majority of people.
Facing ridicule isn't persecution in the strict sense of the word, but it fits in with the rapprochement described in I Peter 4:14.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Facing ridicule isn't persecution in the strict sense of the word, but it fits in with the rapprochement described in I Peter 4:14.
Too many Americans have the opinion that "insult" and "persecution" are synonymous.

They aren't.

Some Christians even go to extreme lengths with their behavior to ensure they are "insulted for the name of Christ" so they can get a warm fuzzy about being "blessed".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In the States, people do not suffer imprisonment for being Christian. But they are laughed at and derided. That ridicule is a form of persecution.
I did not try to define what the word "persecution" means. Personally I have experienced far worse treatment online that is described in the OP. For example, when witnessing I have often been called various nasty names. A word using the sixth letter of the alphabet has been used to describe me more times than I can count. Offline, I have had far worse treatment for my faith, but it has been like a picnic in the park compared to what some have suffered, as mentioned in the posts here for those who are suffering almost unbelievable things. As for myself, as I said earlier, who cares?

If people are serving the Lord, they can EXPECT maltreatment from some others. If you come against the devil's kingdom he doesn't just sit there. He attacks. We can cover ourselves with prayer and praise and spiritual armour. We can even pray for others instead of worrying too much about ourselves, pray for those who are TRULY suffering, not just having their feelings hurt.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Someone saying that it's inappropriate is not persecution. Persecution is what is happening in other countries to Christians and Yazidis.
Yes, and however one chooses to define the word "persecution" I do believe the purpose of this forum is to get the prayer, and attention (ahem!), on those who are suffering as you say.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Too many Americans have the opinion that "insult" and "persecution" are synonymous.

They aren't.

Some Christians even go to extreme lengths with their behavior to ensure they are "insulted for the name of Christ" so they can get a warm fuzzy about being "blessed".
They don't have to be synonymous. Try finding a positive story in the mainstream press about evangelicals. That's a form of intimidation. It doesn't have to be overt, although there is overt pressure too.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I did not try to define what the word "persecution" means. Personally I have experienced far worse treatment online that is described in the OP. For example, when witnessing I have often been called various nasty names. A word using the sixth letter of the alphabet has been used to describe me more times than I can count. Offline, I have had far worse treatment for my faith, but it has been like a picnic in the park compared to what some have suffered, as mentioned in the posts here for those who are suffering almost unbelievable things. As for myself, as I said earlier, who cares?

If people are serving the Lord, they can EXPECT maltreatment from some others. If you come against the devil's kingdom he doesn't just sit there. He attacks. We can cover ourselves with prayer and praise and spiritual armour. We can even pray for others instead of worrying too much about ourselves, pray for those who are TRULY suffering, not just having their feelings hurt.
Our prayers should be for all Christians. Those in prison and those maligned for their faith.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
However, we do now live in a society that thinks everyone else's rights are negated if a bystander feels uncomfortable because of them.

Upvote 0