Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh so it's all about *you* being right? Now I get it.

No, it isn't about me at all.

It is about following the example of the Lord in the Bible. Show me where he forces anyone to listen to him against their will.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

It is about following the example of the Lord in the Bible. Show me where he forces anyone to listen to him against their will.
He never forced anyone to listen other than Paul on the road to Damascus.That great shining light and His voice from heaven certainly forced Paul to listen and remember Paul was on his way to get permission to further destroy those followers of Christ. Then there was Moses and the burning bush..

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not to come across that way or not to be that way?

The two are not at all the same.

As for your comments on a mental health app about suicidal or depressed people, the best I can say is that they are misguided. I don't want to be uncharitable, but really you could not be more wrong if you tried. Suicidal is not 'weary', depressed is not 'burdened' and you do not have the authority to claim that they are, let alone to claim that what you say about depression or suicidal people is 'the truth of God.' It isn't; really, really, really not.

Chances are every person who read your misguided comments will have been repelled from Jesus Christ as a result. I certainly would have been, if I had read such words and did not already know better.

Jesus does NOT save anyone from depression; that is nonsense. What he does is to accompany us on our journey through the valley of the shadow, and never leave our side. He does this because he has known rejection, humiliation, abuse and every other kind of suffering that we know. He walks beside us wherever we go, and he will never abandon us.

Does Depression not come from the devil? Because it certainly does not come from God. And yes, depression DOES make one weary and burdened or at least feel like it. Depression does in no way shape or form feel lovely, holy, Godly or anything reminiscent of love. It destroys people. But if one commits themselves to Jesus, He will give them life and save them from destruction.

And are you doubting that Jesus can save them then?

Finally the bible says to share the word of God, to make disciples. And seeing how I understand them, I wanted to show them that there is hope and a way out. I also said many times that if they didn't believe in Jesus, then I cannot force them to and it was there choice. I was sharing the word of God, of Jesus, for those who were willing to give Him a chance. And I stand by that.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Against their will? So posting about Jesus equates to tying someone up so they can't escape and preaching to them?

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Does Depression not come from the devil? Because it certainly does not come from God. And yes, depression DOES make one weary and burdened or at least feel like it. Depression does in no way shape or form feel lovely, holy, Godly or anything reminiscent of love. It destroys people. But if one commits themselves to Jesus, He will give them life and save them from destruction.

Finally the bible says to share the word of God, to make disciples. And seeing how I understand them, I wanted to show them that there is hope and a way out. I also said many times that if they didn't believe in Jesus, then I cannot force them to and it was there choice. I was sharing the word of God, of Jesus, for those who were willing to give Him a chance. And I stand by that.
And you *SHOULD* stand by it.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Against their will? So posting about Jesus equates to tying someone up so they can't escape and preaching to them?
I certainly hope not. Otherwise there'd be a lot of people suffering from rope burn.And they probably still wouldn't listen.

• Haha
Reactions: Jesus4Ever
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

What? You have some very disturbing imagery going on in that question.

Where did you get all of that from? Did you read the OP?

The OP said they were going to carry on evangelising to a woman even though she said she did not want them to. Lots of people said, yay, carry on. I said consent matters, for the simple reason that the Lord does not force anyone to listen to him or to believe.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

That is not the claim that was made.

Depression is an illness and is part of our fallen world. It is no more 'from the devil' than any other illness or injury. Regardless of how it 'feels' depression can indeed be holy and Godly if the person suffering from depression recognises it as their own particular cross and offers it to God. The same is true of other conditions; they are not sent by God but he can help us to bear them and to gain spiritual benefit in the end. It may take a long time to feel that benefit, but he can help us along the way.

How he does NOT work is to magically take away illness from Christians and leave it to everyone else. That would not exactly be fair, would it?

Meanwhile the Bible says that lies are from the devil; the father of all lies. That includes pious lies.

You are not my priest and I do not answer to you.

I am sorry to hear that. If I were on that app I would block you; I assume others have done so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
He never forced anyone to listen other than Paul on the road to Damascus.That great shining light and His voice from heaven certainly forced Paul to listen and remember Paul was on his way to get permission to further destroy those followers of Christ. Then there was Moses and the burning bush..

Paul had a choice. Moses had a choice.

Any other suggestions? Yeah, they had a choice as well.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Paul had a choice. Moses had a choice.

Any other suggestions? Yeah, they had a choice as well.
Thank you Catherineanne.But the point that I was trying to make is that these things forced them to listen. They could have chosen to walk away afterwards. Paul with the scales over his eyes and all.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What? You have some very disturbing imagery going on in that question.

Where did you get all of that from? Did you read the OP?

The OP said they were going to carry on evangelising to a woman even though she said she did not want them to. Lots of people said, yay, carry on. I said consent matters, for the simple reason that the Lord does not force anyone to listen to him or to believe.

Actually I was responding to the response you made to me regarding how I posted about Jesus on a mental health forum.

I'm gonna be real here: If they don't want to hear about Jesus, then they could just ignore me. I don't see how spreading the word of God is "forcing" anyone to listen if it's on a public app. I wasn't condemning anyone by doing it, but I was trying to share God's love and that they have a friend in Jesus.

As for the OP, I feel she comes on too strongly. But we shouldn't be ashamed of sharing the word of God as long as it's out of God's love. Perhaps she needs to spread God's word in a different way, but I think it's good for her to continue spreading the word of God, as Jesus tells us to do.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Actually I was responding to the response you made to me regarding how I posted about Jesus on a mental health forum.

I'm gonna be real here: If they don't want to hear about Jesus, then they could just ignore me. I don't see how spreading the word of God is "forcing" anyone to listen if it's on a public app. I wasn't condemning anyone by doing it, but I was trying to share God's love and that they have a friend in Jesus.

You can, of course, carry on behaving inappropriately on the mental health app. That is your choice.

As for the OP, I feel she comes on too strongly. But we shouldn't be ashamed of sharing the word of God as long as it's out of God's love. Perhaps she needs to spread God's word in a different way, but I think it's good for her to continue spreading the word of God, as Jesus tells us to do.

Boundary violations are never done out of love; not ever. They are about power and control. See above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you Catherineanne.But the point that I was trying to make is that these things forced them to listen. They could have chosen to walk away afterwards. Paul with the scales over his eyes and all.

Good grief.

Words of one syllable it is.

Nobody is saying that we cannot raise the question of faith with our fellow workers. The question is, what do we do when they tell us to stop? Of course the Lord had conversations with people, but if they did not want to hear what he had to say he stopped talking and he left; sometimes he was even thrown out, but he left. He did not impose himself on anyone, or carry on preaching to people who were not interested.

To equate anyone at all at work forcing others to hear about Jesus - banging on endlessly day after day, week after week, and boring everyone out of their skulls - with Christ talking to Paul or God talking to Moses is the most appalling humbug. That is not how God behaves, and it ought not to be how we behave.

Consent matters, in faith as in everything else. Stop means stop.

Upvote 0