Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
However, we do now live in a society that thinks everyone else's rights are negated if a bystander feels uncomfortable because of them.
That works both ways. Assuming that you are also acknowledging that conservatives and liberals, and anyone in-betwee, complains when someone doesn't agree with them, I agree with you.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are presenting this blanket picture where any Christian who is treated badly for their faith deserves it for being annoying. That is harsh and way not always the case. You're doing something called "Blaming the victim." I will give you a minor example I experienced with Christian hostility.

I was being nice to everyone where I worked and certainly never tried to convert anybody. IF someone liked to talk on religious topics, I would too, otherwise no. However, one day I was wearing a little gold pin that illustrated some stories from the Bible. One coworker looked at the pin and made a face and sneered "How cuuuuute."

As mentioned in another post here, I witness to people on the creation vs. evolution topic, online, especially Youtube. (You can see a recent example in the first string by this OP.) Before I even try to get my scientific, data based points, made, I am not uncommonly going to see other posters using the words "creatards...religious nutters..." etc. etc. They ain't sitting around waiting to be offensive, but go on the offensive themselves! (This kind of poster, btw, also never actually makes any points at all related to science.)

ACLJ, the American Center for Law and Justice, has innumerable cases of people being subject to harrassment just for something like reading their Bibles at school quietly, preferring not to make wedding cakes for gays and lesbians, and so on.

Still, I go back to what I said originally. I think this particular Forum is for those who are suffering things like death, torture, imprisonment, and so on.

The piece that I quoted from that article was directly in response to post that I quoted, I was not making a blank statement about Christians really being mistreated for being annoying.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And her words actually emboldened me. I replied and said, "No, talking about GOD is not inappropriate, you are just a non-believer and that is why you are saying that."

In my family, we talk about Jesus, GOD, the Holy Bible, all the time, every day. We read the Bible every day. We are not ashamed about Jesus.

I hope I didn't come across as sounding mean or anything, I just remember that her e-mail to me really angered and emboldened me. She actually told me I was stupid. That angered me as well. It's not nice to call people names like that. She kind of hurt my feelings as well. I guess when you are not saved, the sin nature runs rampant and you can say all kinds of mean and hurtful things.

So you guys pray for her (that she will learn to be more nice), that she will turn her life around and come to the LORD.

I told her that I would never apologize to anyone about my faith and that she doesn't scare me in the least bit. I kind of stood up to her. That's the first time I have ever stood up to anyone about my faith. I wonder if she is shocked that I held my ground and that I didn't scream and run away. I wonder if GOD gave me the courage to do that.
We use to call her actions as 'being on a power trip. Anyways, bullies keep bullying and good for you.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Pray by all means, but carry on forcing the conversation onto faith, when the woman has said no?

That is a very clear boundary violation, and it is not acceptable behaviour for ANY Christian.
Well if the lady said no then by all means respect her boundaries but it's not against the law to talk about Jesus. Is it?

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
@JacquelineDeane55
You did well .. a real soldier for the gospel:

1 Therefore I solemnly witness before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who is going to judge the living
and the dead according to His appearance and His kingdom,
2 preach the Word, be instant in season and out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all
long-suffering and doctrine.
3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to
themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.
4 And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.
5 But you watch in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out
your ministry.

2 Timothy 4:1-5

• Prayers
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
The OP only addressed talk of God as inappropriate. Consent to listen wasn't addressed.

We all desire to be liked and it's good when we can be. But Christianity is somewhat loathed in the media for reasons that have nothing to do with the personalities of Christians.

Personalities, no. Behaviour towards those perceived as 'sinners'; most certainly.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
It's because most unbelievers today are offended by God.

Always a mistake to confuse ourselves with God; see the first commandment. And, ftm, the second.

Someone told me I was self-righteous for sharing Jesus on a mental health app. And I was trying to share God's love and not His wraith.

Perhaps you were self righteous.

I do it all the time; most of us probably do. :)

• Winner
Reactions: Maria.V.H
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Well if the lady said no then by all means respect her boundaries but it's not against the law to talk about Jesus. Is it?

Depends on the context. I am not really concerned with the law in this matter, but with simple good manners.

If someone wants us to shut up, then we should shut up. But if it gets to that point we would do well to ask what our objective is? Do we just want to talk, or do we want to get to know this person and learn about their life?

Listening is a far better strategy for any Christian than talking, imo.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
@JacquelineDeane55
You did well .. a real soldier for the gospel:

1 Therefore I solemnly witness before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who is going to judge the living
and the dead according to His appearance and His kingdom,
2 preach the Word, be instant in season and out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all
long-suffering and doctrine.
3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to
themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.
4 And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.
5 But you watch in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out
your ministry.

2 Timothy 4:1-5

Nonsense. For one thing that passage relates to the church, not to unbelievers. Here I am, reproving and rebuking bad manners in evangelism. The passage therefore encourages me in exhorting with all long suffering. It has nothing to say to the OP and nothing to say about forcing our faith on other people who do not want it.

Either way there is a rebuke for you as well; the Gospel cannot be used as an apologetic for bad manners. That is an abuse of Scripture.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
@JacquelineDeane55
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved.
27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon
the housetops.
Matthew 10:
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:15
And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luke 9:2
So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 1:15-16
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea,
woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
1 Corinthians 9:16
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him
of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:14

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Depends on the context. I am not really concerned with the law in this matter, but with simple good manners.

If someone wants us to shut up, then we should shut up. But if it gets to that point we would do well to ask what our objective is? Do we just want to talk, or do we want to get to know this person and learn about their life?

Listening is a far better strategy for any Christian than talking, imo.
You and I obviously have different ways of looking at this which is not a problem for me to accept.Thank you for sharing. Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I experience this pretty much daily with persecutions abuse degradation humiliation condescension well just about everything in Jesus Holy Works He is doing thru me as His lowest of all lowest servants with Mother Mary my beautiful most Lovimg Patient Kind Yet strong but gentle Humble Loving Holy Immaculate Heart

Keep offering up to Jesus because Jesus uses our sufferings for soul salvation while forgiving everyone spreading Gods Holy Word of which is Jesus Himself with The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
An atheist told me he was an atheist the other day despite educating his children thru and by Jesus Holy Spirit and Mother Mary in our Lords Catholic Schools receiving His Blessed Holy Sacraments and they do not have any inkling that it is thru Jesus Himself with The Holy Spirit with Mother Mary every time!

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
few realise until converted and later reflect upon their life and some never comprehend the Holy Fact that so many Parents are led by Jesus God and The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary to receive Gods Blessed Holy Sacraments and thru Catholic Schools all are received yet Parents are oblivious stating atheism while God Gifts His Blessings and Graces to their earthly Children and Families with most Schools overflowing with previous public school educated Children

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Always a mistake to confuse ourselves with God; see the first commandment. And, ftm, the second

Perhaps you were self righteous.

I do it all the time; most of us probably do. :)

But all I said was that if you are suicidal or depressed to turn to Jesus for He will save you. All those who are weary or burdened will be given rest. And that I was only spreading the truth of God. But the person got offended when I said "truth" and called me self-righteous for believing that God is the one and only God. To say otherwise would make me either a liar or a non believer. So how is that self-righteous?

More importantly, I don't like overly prideful or arrogant Christians either and I do my best not to come across that way.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In other words you are one of Jesus' Apostolates if you are suffering abuse or persecutions while mentioning spreading Gods Holy Word talking about Jesus, His Truth and Righteousness, His Holy ways we are supposed to be walking in and Jesus and Mother Mary's Life because all of the New Testament is Jesus and Mother Marys Life our Holy Role Models and more of course walking in their love, humility, compassion, mercy, Goodness, forgiveness of others, giving to all others from our hearts as opposed from our minds only.

Spreading Word on our Lords Blessed Holy Sacraments of which one is Holy Confession for more souls to be saved by our Lord Jesus and His Mercy standing between The Father and the dying person.

Of course like Jesus Catholics and Christian Apostolates Shepherds and Followers including Christian Missionaries most greatly suffer abuse and persecution caused by satan whom does not want our Lords Followers in particular Catholic and Christian Apostolates. satan then uses people in combat verbally and or physically in his attempts through his evil spirits to block Gods Holy Works being done through our Lord Jesus Holy Spirit and Mother Mary for souls turning to Jesus and His Mercy in order to be given the opportunity to receive Jesus Mercy now and at the hour of death.

Of course people ridicule, accuse, condemn, abuse Catholics and Christians because it is satan doing this through his use of ego pride and the 7 Deathly Sins Jesus God and The Holy Spirit have warned us about in His Holy Scriptures.

Know it is satan and pray for that person saying one of the Conversion Holy Prayers Jesus gave to Saint Faustina for Conversions of each person:
"O Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You"

Jesus said He will hear and respond and convert souls when He hears this Prayer of His said by any person for another persons conversion.

All the best in our Lord Jesus Christ our Merciful Saviour, Holy Spirit God our Heavenly Father and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary

Upvote 0