This is horrifiying! Drag Queen "Penny Cost" at a Methodist Church speaking with children!

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
somebody shared on Facebook a parish that did a Halloween service where the organ player was Beetlejuice and the usher was being devoured by an alien.

great stuff in church to expose the kids to.
I think I'd take that over the drag queen.

Fun fact, I found out that there's an OCA parish in Salem, MA! Let's Make Halloween Orthodox Again!

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
So children should be exposed to cross dressers & be told their God given gender is ambiguous?
Will they come into contact with such people over the course of their lives? Of course they will! It does no harm to meet with such people. Oh and most cross-dressers are heterosexuals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Will they come into contact with such people over the course of their lives? Of course they will! It does no harm to meet with such people. Oh and most cross-dressers are heterosexuals.

that’s a really weak point. just because they will run into a subculture, that doesn’t mean it will do them no harm when they are still young to experience that subculture as something good. cross dressing is sinful, how it being common is irrelevant.

• Agree
Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They're being indoctrinated into the whole gender mess with it's men can be pregnant; no more mom and dad, it's birthing person now; male and female can't be defined, you can be several different genders etc. And the whole mess is to be glossed over and met with as much denial as possible (which you're demonstrating a prime example of), or else there's supposedly something seriously wrong with you and you're a fascist and a bigot etc.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What a lot of nonsense posted about something harmless.

Having been involved with homosexual men when I was in my early twenties and having had much promiscuous sex, both heterosexual and homosexual, allow me to say that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. We are not here to gratify our passions. We are here to become like Christ (theosis) and to grow in holiness and love. All sexual gratification outside of the bounds of the marriage of one woman and one man for one lifetime is selfish and self-serving. I know this. I have seen the behavior of homosexual men, I have heard them talk, even the ones who were "married" (i.e. supposed faithful partners for life before "gay marriage" became a thing) and it is all about serving their genitalia.

Behavior such as this leaves deep scars on the soul and spirit. Did you even bother to read the blog piece I posted? Here, I'll give it to you again. Perhaps you will take the time to read it and educate yourself into the great struggles that these scars have left in my soul.

The Man Who Helped Destroy America – Reflecting on the Life of Hugh Hefner – Muddling Through Life (wordpress.com)

May God forgive you for calling sin "innocent" The suffering that sin gives us, both in this life and especially in the next, when we come face to face with He who is Truth, is hardly innocent.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I made no reference to homosexuality in my post but outright sinful & unnecessary pollution of children’s minds as to their God given identity.

While I believe homosexuality is adultery, I believe a person born with the disposition is not guilty of it and conquers it in celibate struggle just as a single heterosexual must do so. One will struggle with their passions and cannot take it lightly, but as long as a person does not inflict ( & really not want to) their passions on another person, forgiveness of sin is much more hopeful.

We already have enough problems in a fallen, sinful world and degenerate behavior perpetuates and creates more misery.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0