• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

This is dangerous.

TimMcCollum

Dec 25, 2018
Raleigh
✟17,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
100% agreed. You being here on this website, through all the strife and hardships, is a testament to the human will at its finest.
I was diagnosed when I was 19. I had the symptoms earlier, but no one knew, except me. Coming to the forefront of help was all I needed to feel better. I am finally feeling steady and able to do the things I want to do. Keep pushing for understanding, and people like me will be grateful. :)

Upvote 0

TimMcCollum

Dec 25, 2018
Raleigh
✟17,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wouldn't say it has anything to do with my own human will though, I would have killed myself long ago if not for Jesus. And I am not using a figure of speech there.
I have a scar of a cross on my left forearm. It was the shallowest of the cuts, but it remained. He saved my life too. Don't doubt you walked with Him.

Upvote 0

TimMcCollum

Dec 25, 2018
Raleigh
✟17,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I still have scars all over my left arm as well. Haven't done it for two years though, praise God.
I'm glad you're better. I don't know you, but I know I would want someone to feel happy I feel better.
I pray everyday that I'm thankful. I can feel Them in my soul. It's funny, some spiritual folks believe I talk to spirits. And I truly believe I do! Thank God for keeping me steady through all this.

Upvote 0