This is an emergency please pray for me!

Nelson_Col

Nov 18, 2019
North Carolina
✟8,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hey! Long story short I messed up. Beforehand yes I am a genuine Christian. I have felt God speak to me, He has called me to ministry, and guides me in my Bible reading and learning. Anyways about 20 days ago I failed miserably and did something I am so ashamed of. I gave into the temptation of drinking alcohol. I am a 17 year old boy and I always said I wouldn't do that, but curiosity got me and now I probably messed up my entire life. I accidentally drank to excess, and since then I have been having stomach problems and awful smelling flatulence, I won't go much further. But something just clicked inside me and I started breaking down crying and pleading with God. I realized my mistake already and confessed it immediately. But nontheless I am completely terrified that I messed up my life... I once heard that a momentary lapse in judgement can cause a lifetime of heartache. I do believe that alcohol is wrong if you don't control it but I had never seen anything wrong with drinking a small gkass of wine at dinner with your wife. But with what happened I promised to God that I would never touch the stuff again. It's probably messed up my entire future. I could have pancreatic and/or liver problems and currently am trying to - through tears - plead to God to heal me, muster up my courage to talk to my dad about it, and go see a doctor. But I am completely terrified of this whole situation! I messed up so bad and this could be my last chance on this earth. I haven't even gotten married or started a family yet like I have always wanted to.. But this could all come to an end. Well, please spend a lot of time in prayer and communication with God for me. I messed up and I learned my lesson. I promised God I wouldn't touch the stuff and if He allows me to live I will try and better myself and fight temptation harder... I wasn't bribing Him I was just showing Him I learned a lesson from this. Please pray for me. I am beyond ashamed and terrified. This wasn't how I was raised... Thanks...

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hey! Long story short I messed up. Beforehand yes I am a genuine Christian. I have felt God speak to me, He has called me to ministry, and guides me in my Bible reading and learning. Anyways about 20 days ago I failed miserably and did something I am so ashamed of. I gave into the temptation of drinking alcohol. I am a 17 year old boy and I always said I wouldn't do that, but curiosity got me and now I probably messed up my entire life. I accidentally drank to excess, and since then I have been having stomach problems and awful smelling flatulence, I won't go much further. But something just clicked inside me and I started breaking down crying and pleading with God. I realized my mistake already and confessed it immediately. But nontheless I am completely terrified that I messed up my life... I once heard that a momentary lapse in judgement can cause a lifetime of heartache. I do believe that alcohol is wrong if you don't control it but I had never seen anything wrong with drinking a small gkass of wine at dinner with your wife. But with what happened I promised to God that I would never touch the stuff again. It's probably messed up my entire future. I could have pancreatic and/or liver problems and currently am trying to - through tears - plead to God to heal me, muster up my courage to talk to my dad about it, and go see a doctor. But I am completely terrified of this whole situation! I messed up so bad and this could be my last chance on this earth. I haven't even gotten married or started a family yet like I have always wanted to.. But this could all come to an end. Well, please spend a lot of time in prayer and communication with God for me. I messed up and I learned my lesson. I promised God I wouldn't touch the stuff and if He allows me to live I will try and better myself and fight temptation harder... I wasn't bribing Him I was just showing Him I learned a lesson from this. Please pray for me. I am beyond ashamed and terrified. This wasn't how I was raised... Thanks...
God bless you for confessing straight away, God loves you so much, I pray for you today to have learned that alcohol is very harmful in excess.
Dear Father, bless Nelson with your wonderful peace and strengthen him to serve you. Direct his path in the way he should go, and keep his feet on 'The Way'.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hey,if you're lucky ( hate that word but it fits at the moment) you had this weak moment for the Lord to show you that you have a complete intolerance for alcohol. Don't play with the stuff, perhaps He will take away your desire to ever try again.

You have not ruined your life but surely you can see now how alcohol could !

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The most likely scenario, your stomach problem will go away, and you will just forget this, calm down, nobody had life long problems because getting drunk once... at least i never heard of anything like that, God doesn't like it yes but you seem to be over dramatic about this, just say sorry and later your problems most likely will go away.

Upvote 0

Nelson_Col

Nov 18, 2019
North Carolina
✟8,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hey,if you're lucky ( hate that word but it fits at the moment) you had this weak moment for the Lord to show you that you have a complete intolerance for alcohol. Don't play with the stuff, perhaps He will take away your desire to ever try again.

You have not ruined your life but surely you can see now how alcohol could !

He already has, and if it wasn't Him, this experience has. Maybe I will be alright but I am shaken up enough that I won't touch it again. Thank you all and God bless you for your prayers. Please don't cease to pray!

Upvote 0

Nelson_Col

Nov 18, 2019
North Carolina
✟8,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
God bless you for confessing straight away, God loves you so much, I pray for you today to have learned that alcohol is very harmful in excess.
Dear Father, bless Nelson with your wonderful peace and strengthen him to serve you. Direct his path in the way he should go, and keep his feet on 'The Way'.
Thank you so much for the prayer. You're all a blessing!!

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
He already has, and if it wasn't Him, this experience has. Maybe I will be alright but I am shaken up enough that I won't touch it again. Thank you all and God bless you for your prayers. Please don't cease to pray!
Nelson,the Lord convicted me of alcohol and I completely lost my desire for it it. In fact just the smell makes me sick feeling now. And I really didn't drink a whole lot. But I was considering the ministry at the time and among other things this is one area I feel I had direct intervention on. He just knows what is best for us, each on a personal level. That's why I said what I did above.

God bless you, you're gonna be fine.

• Winner
Reactions: Nelson_Col
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you to just turn your guilt over to the Lord. We all mess up. Sorry to tell you but you will make other mistakes in your life, some worse than that episode. But He is there for you to help you get back up. Every time.

• Friendly
Reactions: Nelson_Col
Upvote 0

Nelson_Col

Nov 18, 2019
North Carolina
✟8,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nelson,the Lord convicted me of alcohol and I completely lost my desire for it it. In fact just the smell makes me sick feeling now. And I really didn't drink a whole lot. But I was considering the ministry at the time and among other things this is one area I feel I had direct intervention on. He just knows what is best for us, each on a personal level. That's why I said what I did above.

God bless you, you're gonna be fine.

Thank you very much..

Upvote 0

Nelson_Col

Nov 18, 2019
North Carolina
✟8,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Praying for you to just turn your guilt over to the Lord. We all mess up. Sorry to tell you but you will make other mistakes in your life, some worse than that episode. But He is there for you to help you get back up. Every time.
Thank you everyone very much I appreciate I it. The guilt isn't what I'm too worried about anymore.. almost every hour today I had spend a good long session in prayer with God, nothing but pleading, praising Him for all He has done even though im currently expecting the worst. I have faith and I don't believe believe Elohim will let me down... He has great plans for me, why else would He have called me to ministry? That's something I realized a few moments ago. I will have a life full of trials like this just like you said. It's part of growing spiritually. I thank and praise God for all y'all have said and prayed and I ask you to continue to do so. I thank God I can turn from this without guilt.. Gods graces is sufficient. Oh, and good news, I've discovered I am lacktose intolerant which explained the gas and cramps - I had been drinking a lot of milk recently!

• Prayers
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums