This forum is now officially a Christian Only forum!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi All,

The management of this site has decided that all Theology forums including this forum are now Christian only forums. What that means is that only members that have selected a Christian icon are permitted to post in any of the Christian theology forums. All members that have not chosen a Christian icon can not post in Christian Theology. All non Christian posts in these forums will be deleted by the theology moderating team and a notice will be issued.

Blessings,
Hentenza
Theology Administrator

Reactions: D'Ann

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi All,

The management of this site has decided that all Theology forums including this forum are now Christian only forums. What that means is that only members that have selected a Christian icon are permitted to post in any of the Christian theology forums. All members that have not chosen a Christian icon can not post in Christian Theology. All non Christian posts in these forums will be deleted by the theology moderating team and a notice will be issued.

Blessings,
Hentenza
Theology Administrator

Well ...so much for Jesus not having come to call the righteous but the unrighteous (Mark 2:17). Such a policy is surely UnChristian. If not, could this decision be pointed out by site management as pertaining to scripture? Or, would it be deemed unnecessary for this executive decision to be explained to we 'lowly' board members?

Would any of the 'lesser' human beings who might feel the need later on down the track to 'keep in touch' contact me at the below email address?

sequencerman2005@yahoo.com.au

Upvote 0

Sylvanspirits

Aug 30, 2007
Washington State, United States
✟16,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, posting as someone with a Christian icon (not that it matters or should matter), this policy sucks.

I, for one, am certainly glad that I reside more at a atheist/freethought message board, as they seem to be more accepting of anyone who wishes to reside there. You know, kind of like a Christian forum ought to be if it claims to follow the teachings of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi All,

Is this an ex post facto policy?

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi All,

Blessings,
Hentenza
Theology Administrator

Will posts have to produce a baptismal certificate or similar documentation?

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And how long til "the management" starts deciding who is worthy of having an icon that allows them to post here?

About six to eight weeks, I'd say.

You up for that, Henry? I have plenty of notes on the earlier Inquisitions if you'd like to look at them for guidance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My resignation letter from CF Staff

I've had enough of living
I've had enough of dying
I've had enough of smiling
I've had enough of crying

The Who ~ I've Had Enough

I've had enough.

Beginning several months ago and accelerating in recent weeks, the overarching policy of CF has been to divide people into various groups. First it was dividing Christians and non-Christians. It has reached the point now that we make fine divisions between various Christians with respect to who may post where and how we judge their posts. I see no sign of this policy being either acknowledged or reversed. What I see instead is enforcing divisions between groups of members for our convenience in moderation.

I believe this policy of division is tacitly accepted as the proper way of running this site by Senior Staff. I believe it is actively enforced by Moderation Staff. At the Administrative level, we make finer and finer divisions in the Body of Christ and at the Moderation level, we inquire as to who belongs in which portion and make sure they only post in their designated areas. These divisions are not merely denominational, of course--we find many ways to divide people.

It's all here before your eyes
Safety is a big disguise
That hides among the other lies
They divide, conquer

Well I expect I won't be heard
Because my silence is assured
Never a discouraging word
They divide and conquer

Hüsker Dü ~ Divide and Conquer

The four marks of the Church are that it is one, holy, catholic, and apostolic. Our current overarching policy of dividing Christians into various classes directly contradicts this. I understand that we take in members who are already divided amongst themselves. What at first angered and now merely saddens me is that we do nothing to overcome these divisions so that, as Jesus prayed, "they may all be one."

I cannot agree to enforce such a policy and I see no sign of any attempt to reverse this policy nor even any recognition that this has become our policy.

Accordingly, I resign effective immediately as an Administrator of Christian Forums.​

It only took seven days. I am impressed.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And how long til "the management" starts deciding who is worthy of having an icon that allows them to post here?
That bes Moriah's next question actually.
And, yes, this sucks, and goes against the direct teaching of Jesus Himself, that He comes to call not the righteous but sinners to repentance, and that WHOSOEVER WILL may come to Him and TAKE of the water of life FREELY. Gee, at least the pre-civil-rights bigots HAD a segregated water fountain for their "them" ... here we haven't even provided THAT courtesy. Never mind the back of the bus, just get off at the next stop. Lovely! (not).

Of course in order to issue a ruling in Moriah's case someone will have to prove beyond all shadow of a doubt that no Christian can be daimonizomai. Good luck with that, considering that debate got two entire subfora shut down already ... :wave:

Reactions: Sylvanspirits
Upvote 0

Sylvanspirits

Aug 30, 2007
Washington State, United States
✟16,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, any bets on how long it takes the remaining members to attack each other's orthodoxy once all the 'undesirables' have been weeded out?

Also:

What other subforums are there plans to weed out the 'undesirables' from? Or is the answer to that question still sooper seekrit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, any bets on how long it takes the remaining members to attack each other's orthodoxy once all the 'undesirables' have been weeded out?

47.57436 Hours or less :)

Though I tend to not take bets I don't think I can win.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
47.57436 Hours or less :)

Though I tend to not take bets I don't think I can win.

My experience is these things start to really heat up on Sunday nights. So I'll go with about 45 hours.

Upvote 0

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well ...so much for Jesus not having come to call the righteous but the unrighteous (Mark 2:17). Such a policy is surely UnChristian. If not, could this decision be pointed out by site management as pertaining to scripture? Or, would it be deemed unnecessary for this executive decision to be explained to we 'lowly' board members?

Would any of the 'lesser' human beings who might feel the need later on down the track to 'keep in touch' contact me at the below email address?

Non-Christians are still welcome in the outreach area.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.