What good have you gotten from Christians forums?

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
People come to the Internet for various reasons which influences their interests and how their time is spent. The Internet can be a mechanism for growth or self-destruction. We determine the result through our intentions. In light of the increasing move to this medium and burgeoning levels of isolation and loneliness experienced by many I've taken a different course in my utilization and prioritize in-person relating.

To discourage imbalances I limit my engagement and restrict my interests to the tool or venue best suited for them. Bearing in mind the environment and populace. I tailor my discourse to the setting and make adjustments where needed.

As it pertains to this site, the primary discussions are related to politics and the news. While the demographic is largely Christian the discourse is otherwise. Theology and debates attract interest but the experiential is lacking.

While many enjoy those subjects I don't believe it's a wise investment of my time or edifying to the degree where I'd neglect more profitable pursuits in its place. Because I endeavor to buy back my time; I limit my posts to the areas with the greatest return for my efforts.

My participation in the Singles forum is the springboard for future relational and spiritual resources. Likewise, my contribution to the Prepping forum will spawn Christ-centered tools in home management and gardening. There's a definite air of compartmentalization in my engagement and that's intentional. I don't want to spend hours anywhere. What do I have to show for that period?

You can convince yourself you're sharing, fellowshipping, etc. That might be the case but you're also bored and lonely. You need to know your why beforehand. How is this serving me? What do I want to get out of it and choose accordingly.

Don't rebuild the wheel. If there's things you want to discuss that aren't taking place here find them and enjoy yourself. I like rich relational discussions. When I'm in the mood for them I have a source I turn to. I don't try to make the other fit. You got to have the pieces in place beforehand.

Bear that mind and your time will be more satisfying.

~bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,321.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had a positive experience here! My own experience is that it has helped me grow as a Christian and to get a better understanding of my brothers and sisters in different branches of Christendom. I’m very interested in comparing theological systems and here I get to see, in practice, how the different systems shape people. It’s very helpful in my ministry work in that I can better meet people’s needs. But above this, here is a fellowship that is ready and eager to pray for one another and to help with encouragement and God’s Word. And that’s wonderful and something to rejoice in!

God’s blessings to you!

Upvote 0

aritsotle

Mar 14, 2024
USA
✟1,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had a positive experience here! My own experience is that it has helped me grow as a Christian and to get a better understanding of my brothers and sisters in different branches of Christendom. I’m very interested in comparing theological systems and here I get to see, in practice, how the different systems shape people. It’s very helpful in my ministry work in that I can better meet people’s needs. But above this, here is a fellowship that is ready and eager to pray for one another and to help with encouragement and God’s Word. And that’s wonderful and something to rejoice in!

God’s blessings to you!
I didn't mean to imply I'm having a bad time or that there is something about which to be sorry.

I just registered. I gave it a few days and some experiments as posts and comments and chats.

Now I want to ask what others have found. It's just part of how I learn.

Thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: Daniel9v9
Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,321.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I didn't mean to imply I'm having a bad time or that there is something about which to be sorry.

I just registered. I gave it a few days and some experiments as posts and comments and chats.

Now I want to ask what others have found. It's just part of how I learn.

Thanks for the kind words.
Oh, sorry for misunderstanding! Welcome!

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have experienced the following in abundance here...

In relation to seekers:

1 Peter 3:15 NIV

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."

And in relation to fellow believers:

1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

Praying you will experience the same! God bless!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't want to spend hours anywhere. What do I have to show for that period?

You can convince yourself you're sharing, fellowshipping, etc. That might be the case but you're also bored and lonely. You need to know your why beforehand. How is this serving me? What do I want to get out of it and choose accordingly.

~bella

I love to share the Word, and am a writer, so it's very positive to be able to share here.

I'm also very interested in current events as relates to Bible Prophecy, which also has a forum here.

To answer that part about "What do I have to show for that period" regarding time spent on forum: often I find I have to do research and dig deeper into the Scriptures than I normally would have that day, especially if it's a debate where things need clarifying. So at least in my case I gain a deeper knowledge of the Scriptures, which is a well without end. Then again I'm retired and right now have the time. Later on if I end up working on a house or building something, I won't have that much time to be online, and will only be checking in daily, not spending a lot of time.

Upvote 0

FameBright

Jan 20, 2021
Biloxi
✟22,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question is about Christian forums in general. It can also be answered specifically about this site.

I've been looking and thinking about it. I yet have not confirmed a good thing that it brings.

If you have, please tell me.
There was a time when I came to the forums and there would be some healthy discussions going back and forth and people were spitting out scripture to back up what they were saying causing me to go and further research. I learned so much then which drove me to sign up. I don’t really see much of that anymore.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question is about Christian forums in general. It can also be answered specifically about this site.

I've been looking and thinking about it. I yet have not confirmed a good thing that it brings.

It is the amazing interaction between Christians , Agnostics and Atheists of different denominations , theologies and levels of understanding that keeps this forum dear to me.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It is a place to discuss the word of God .... and the Lord wants us doing that.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This forum specifically, I have made new friends. That was the reason why I came here. I needed Christian friends. I do not attend church (but I watch Charles Stanley weekly).

I find the debate sections (especially the one for non-Christians) of the forum not worth getting involved in.

I've thought about trying out other Christian forums, but haven't.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have always enjoyed learning and thinking about the ways Christians are different as well as the things we share in common. In my own church I am more apt to be around people that are like-minded than to exchange with the whole panoply of Christian thought. For me, this is a place to help stay focused on Christianity on a daily basis when I am away from my church. There are also posters of whom I am quite fond, and I always enjoy reading their thoughts.

A second thing is forum relationships have helped me in my profession. From time-to-time I have had a client from a different faith group who has told be something from their frame of reference that I don't understand. On more than one occasion, I have reached out to a trusted forum member from that group to ask, "My client told me his church says (this) about (that). Explain that to me." And, they have added to my education without judgement, helping me understand my client better. (Thank you. You know who you are.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums