Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WASHINGTON, DC, December 22, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) – Atheist objections to public Nativity scenes are nothing new, but a leading atheist group has shown a pattern this year of challenging displays of the Christmas message.

Several actions, legal and otherwise, have been initiated across the country this Christmas season by the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF).

A federal judge barred Concord Community Schools in Elkhart, Indiana, December 2 from having a live Nativity scene in its annual Christmas program, a 45-year tradition for the school system, after the FFRF and ACLU sued in October. The performances were scheduled for December 11 and 12, according to CRUX, and the case is due in court January 7.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/t...il&utm_term=0_0caba610ac-e4d3bca537-397379915

Aureus

May 20, 2014
✟9,262.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
I wonder what this group does during Ramadan. They are so silent that time of year. Must be block vacation time.

Let me know when our schools stop providing food during Ramadan, there's nothing to go after for Ramadan because there aren't any government endorsed Ramadan events held in the US.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me know when our schools stop providing food during Ramadan, there's nothing to go after for Ramadan because there aren't any government endorsed Ramadan events held in the US.

Are you off from work on Christmas day?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder what this group does during Ramadan. They are so silent that time of year. Must be block vacation time.
When's the last time you heard of a public school putting up Ramadan decorations?

Upvote 0

Aureus

May 20, 2014
✟9,262.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private

A diplomatic dinner that does not endorse a religion is not exactly refusing to serve food at schools during Ramadan. That is the reason why The White House also does Hanukkah, Christmas and Easter. I'd prefer the White House did not do an Iftar dinner, but then I'd also prefer they didn't do a Christmas one either. I am curious though if you're aware that Obama is simply continuing the annual Iftar dinner that Bush started?

Though I asked you to tell me when Schools stopped giving out food and observing a religious fast, not to complain about diplomatic functions.

Are you off from work on Christmas day?

Oh please, do tell me how you think that is relevant.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When's the last time you heard of a public school putting up Ramadan decorations?

You are right.

However I wonder how putting up a Nativity scene causes emotional trauma or offends.

And how exactly the establishment clause begs the conclusion that religious activity in the public domain is to be regulated by government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aureus

May 20, 2014
✟9,262.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
You are right.

However I wonder how putting up a Nativity scene causes emotional trauma or offends.

And how exactly the establishment clause begs the conclusion that religious activity in the public domain is to be regulated by government.

A school pageant is not 'public domain'.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realise, they are simply wanting attention, which is precisely what you are giving them, yes?

It's more than them protesting. These groups launch legal action against local communities to submit to their agenda. That has to be answered.

It is a concerted effort to silence 1st Amendment rights.

No Nativity scene on public property. However, a gay pride parade is fine. And yes the gay pride event is covered by the 1st amendment. I agree.

Why so strident on a Nativity scene?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are right.

Any individual example of these types of things seems slight and silly, but collectively they are a problem. See also; "thin end of the wedge".

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any individual example of these types of things seems slight and silly, but collectively they are a problem. See also; "thin end of the wedge".

Are you advocating Christians capitulate on these matters?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aureus

May 20, 2014
✟9,262.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Then what is it?

Not sure if serious. Its an endorsement of a particular religion by the school by hosting it in an official school run event. This isn't some Atheist group passing a law or forcing things on the school by fascist gun point. This is a Judge, born and bred in Indiana, serving on an Indiana court, making a ruling about a school in Indiana.

Go have your nativity scene on your front lawn, in your church, outside of your church. Go put up your giant 'JESUS SAVES' billboards on private property 200 feet off the Freeway. Stop claiming not having it in school is a war against your religion.

Are you advocating that Christians ignore the Constitution?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
From getting Christian specific imagery and events in the public sphere? Sure, why not? You want a nativity scene, do you not have a church to do it in? Decorate your own private property with Christian specific iconography. Go nuts. But why would you get bent out of shape about people pointing out it's inappropriate in the public sphere?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Never in my life! I believe it would be a worthy celebration.
Well, there's two ways to achieve justice, either every religion gets to make a big deal about their individual observances, or none do. I think the "none" option has to be easier for all concerned...

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Where does it say to celebrate Christmas in the bible? Jesus was born in the spring not the dead of winter. If you are truly a "bible believing" Christian, you would not celebrate it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.