Nov 29, 2006
San Marcos, CA
✟48,164.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tall,

I did not mean to imply that real issues will ever just go away. And yes I am aware of Ice's post. If there were a "magic bullet" I think I should have found it by now but I haven't. All I'm suggesting is that since this is supposed to be a Christian endever surly we could be a little less costic toward oneanother.

I know that you and others have made comparisons to politics and political campaigns. I truly hope that no one here will stoop to the level of common politics.

Respectfully,
Doc

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tall,

I did not mean to imply that real issues will ever just go away. And yes I am aware of Ice's post. If there were a "magic bullet" I think I should have found it by now but I haven't. All I'm suggesting is that since this is supposed to be a Christian endever surly we could be a little less costic toward oneanother.

I know that you and others have made comparisons to politics and political campaigns. I truly hope that no one here will stoop to the level of common politics.

Respectfully,
Doc

Now that I can agree with.

Thank you for clarifying.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friend setipente

The election guideline you quoted does allow for one to change his or her vote. The forum software will not allow me to physically change it. I have made a note of one voter here who cast a vote in error and has sent me a PM and asked for it to be changed.

My cat once stepped on the mousebutton while I was thinking about a bid and I ended up with a 1 gig thumb drive from Ebay. Once in a while we click by mistake.

lol.

Well at least you didn't wind up with that pink Jesus doll TandO showed us on Ebay!

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why, because I am being honest?

If being truthful means I will hang myself, then so be it.

Those who insult me for being honest are the ones that are really hanging themselves here, as they are disclosing how naked they truly are.

Was I insulting you when I said Night should not bring up your own flaming record because you are not running and had already admitted it?

Please look clearly at the evidence.

I also more than once said you should have the right to give your opinion on ice.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Tall73,

I am sorry and sad to hear that you have a theological difference resulting in your leaving the ministry.

As I missed what this theological difference is, I would appreciate, either a PM on it, or a link to it, if there is an existing thread here about it somewhere.

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

Does your church congregation know that your husband is receiving tithe support while objecting to beliefs that pastors are supposed to agree to before being hired?

Hypocrite! Don't tell me about rule violations!

Oh boy, wood! You know my stand on this. But that's not related to this issue. No need to pour more fuel on the fire.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh boy, wood! You know my stand on this. But that's not related to this issue. No need to pour more fuel on the fire.

Your view is what? I did exactly what I said I would. I went through the issues, decided and moved on.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

thecountrydoc

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2006
San Marcos, CA
✟48,164.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi once again Tall,

I just read your post that you are planning to leave the ministery. I'm sorry to hear that. However I will PM you a bit later as I have somthing that I think will be of interest and help to you.

Respectfully, your friend and brother in Christ,
Doc

Upvote 0

Jon0388g

Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You apparently missed a memo.

I already talked to my conference officials and we are in the process of leaving the ministry barring a dramatic change of mind.

Tall, I am sorry to hear it has come this far. Maybe we should not have let the Issues on Sanctuary thread die.

You are a greater asset to the SDA church than you think. I'm hoping you have not totally lost all faith in its mission or purpose.

Stay with your Bible, and the Lord will guide you into all truth, and the truth will set you free!

"You however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 3:14-15

Jon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

OntheDL

Hi once again Tall,

I just read your post that you are planning to leave the ministery. I'm sorry to hear that. However I will PM you a bit later as I have somthing that I think will be of interest and help to you.

Respectfully, your friend and brother in Christ,
Doc

Please click on the link Tall provided above. There are few other threads. But this one might do. Read through it and if you have something to add, post it and make a link here. That's what the public forum is for. If you have more understanding, share it, so others can see for themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tall, I am sorry to hear it has come this far. Maybe we should not have let the Issues on Sanctuary thread die.

You are a greater asset to the SDA church than you think. I'm hoping you have not totally lost all faith in its mission or purpose.

Stay with your Bible, and the Lord will guide you into all truth, and the truth will set you free!

"You however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 3:14-15

Jon

Jon, I really do appreciate all that you have done in that thread.

It did help me see some of the errors in my thinking. You and Jim were especially helpful, and DL for a time.

The way things sound there will be one last-ditch effort in person with some scholars. It may yet be that I will change my mind. I am hoping that the chance to interact with them directly will be more profitable than the books and the ones I have talked to in email.

Thanks again.

I suppose we better continue any of this in another thread.

Upvote 0

Jon0388g

Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Jon, I really do appreciate all that you have done in that thread.

It did help me see some of the errors in my thinking. You and Jim were especially helpful, and DL for a time.

The way things sound there will be one last-ditch effort in person with some scholars. It may yet be that I will change my mind. I am hoping that the chance to interact with them directly will be more profitable than the books and the ones I have talked to in email.

Thanks again.

I suppose we better continue any of this in another thread.

No probs. I hope we can continue regardless of your decision.

It is a secret hope of mine that one day, we will all meet each other in the New Jerusalem. Perhaps a little Sabbath lunch at my palace, or a meet at the tree of life! Can you imagine all the CF crew meeting up for the first time in glorified bodies.

Even better, can you imagine you and DL shaking hands!!! Or even better, Woob and Night throwing their arms around each other? (Not at, around lol)

Theology is not the way to heaven. Christ is.

Oh, and also, I thank you too for the great many things you have done for me since I came here two years ago!

Jon

Reactions: Sophia7
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would be happy to shake DL's hand this moment if he were here. I imagine he would too. Sometimes we have strong feelings on issues of importance. But I think he is a good man nonetheless.

I sure hope that tree of life scene comes soon though.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not an issue of have they flamed, but one of honesty and integrity.
are you saying that I am dishonest & a lack intergerty, could you please provide you basis for you claim

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

I would be happy to shake DL's hand this moment if he were here. I imagine he would too. Sometimes we have strong feelings on issues of importance. But I think he is a good man nonetheless.

I'd like to thank what you and Sophia have contributed to the SDA and CF forums. Though it seems that we had been constantly battling, but I sincerely hope and know it will all work out as long as you leave the door open. Because I certainly have done nothing to deserve any of His love and mercy.

Please stick around whatever you decide to do. You and Sophia are always welcome.

I sure hope that tree of life scene comes soon though

I hope we all make it. And I have alot of things need to work on.

Upvote 0