Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Things u only see in church:

this is no joke

The bad kid crawling under the pew,making noise disrupting service and their mom acting like they don't see or hear it! The usher asks the child to get off the floor then the mother decides to go off!

Mothers that wear those "doughnut" hats (you know...the ones that wrap around the top of their heads with no brim or top)!!!! I hate that!

Individuals that speak in tongues, but won't speak to certain people!

he preacher of the service drinks red juice in front of everybody. But someone with a health condition has to go outside the sanctuary to drink some water.

When The pastor preaches prosperity...But won't preach HOLINESS!

‎4 DIFFERENT offerings in the same service! (I've learned to bring the amount I am going to give and split it 4 ways... depending on what church I go to)

People who are afraid to witness to a stranger but will cuss that same stranger out if they cut them off on the road or in the line in the store.

The tambourines are wooden and got three symbol. The kids draw on all the church fans and take the sticks and play sword fight.

Orahh

Apr 25, 2009
NSW, Australia
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't what most churches are like, but I know the one I go to is nothing like that.
The thing about church, is it's filled with sinners. All we are is people reedeemed by God, we aren't God so the church is never going to be perfect. Though, with some of the things you mentioned, I would say pray into your church continually, find like minded people who want to see greater things happen to be used by God to change the church.
Just bagging out the church will never make it better, if it's bad enough, then you need to be practical and change it.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When The pastor preaches prosperity...But won't preach HOLINESS!
I landed on a channel this morning with a prosperity sermon. The man read one Bible verse, then spent the remaining half hour telling stories about people giving him money. Honestly, no other mention of God except the casual "God told him to give..."

The preachers usually accused of prosperity preaching were flawless compared to this man.
Just bagging out the church will never make it better, if it's bad enough, then you need to be practical and change it.
Right. Jesus would have sent each person out to do something. If the people had real challenges to minister, instead of sit and give like milking cows, then they would not be fidgeting and destroying property.

While there is a limit to churches on an island, I'm sure there are others you could visit. As Orahh implied, there is hope for your church if they can grasp the vision of what God can do.

Upvote 0

homeofmew

Master Trainer
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟28,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
this is why you don't put the christian fish on the back of your car.
you will cut people off in traffic, heck everyone who does it do me has a fish 80% of the time xDD.

"RELIGION is Flawed, only and ONLY because men is flawed, including this one" - Angels and Demons

Even though Christianity is not really a religion the people who follow the faith are far from person just as I am or anyone else is., therefore the quote still applies.

Upvote 0