Sarasota
✟38,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are so many different kinds of churches we can't describe them all!
They are as diverse as people.

Therefore, it seems only natural that the saying, "The Right Church For Me" is valid because
it would also be the same thing as when people look for a marriage partner "the right person for me".

But it seems to me there is something a little unbiblical and unJesus-like if I can say haha.

It seems like we should be able to love Jesus, serve and worship in any church because if we are truly
doing it for God, and no other reason, then it shouldn't matter. But the reality is, we are going to church
for many other reasons too. Praise styles, sermon styles, old people, young people, singles, or married/families,
you name it. If we are hopping around churches looking for the "right church for me"....would you say this is
approved by Jesus or are we being selfish, self-worshipping ?

Here is an example for me.
I have 2 churches I could choose to attend. One church as literally no single girls for me. The other church has a few. Therefore,
I chose to go to the church that has more single girls because I'd rather go there than the church that has no single girls.
But I also go to church to worship God, serve in ministry, and grow in the family/body of Christ...but I won't lie that a church
with no single girls would not be a good church for me because I am always seeking to find or meet a partner. But this just
makes me feel guilty at the same time.....I should be able to go to any church and feel God's love right?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are so many different kinds of churches we can't describe them all!
They are as diverse as people.

Therefore, it seems only natural that the saying, "The Right Church For Me" is valid because
it would also be the same thing as when people look for a marriage partner "the right person for me".

But it seems to me there is something a little unbiblical and unJesus-like if I can say haha.

It seems like we should be able to love Jesus, serve and worship in any church because if we are truly
doing it for God, and no other reason, then it shouldn't matter. But the reality is, we are going to church
for many other reasons too. Praise styles, sermon styles, old people, young people, singles, or married/families,
you name it. If we are hopping around churches looking for the "right church for me"....would you say this is
approved by Jesus or are we being selfish, self-worshipping ?

Here is an example for me.
I have 2 churches I could choose to attend. One church as literally no single girls for me. The other church has a few. Therefore,
I chose to go to the church that has more single girls because I'd rather go there than the church that has no single girls.
But I also go to church to worship God, serve in ministry, and grow in the family/body of Christ...but I won't lie that a church
with no single girls would not be a good church for me because I am always seeking to find or meet a partner. But this just
makes me feel guilty at the same time.....I should be able to go to any church and feel God's love right?
Our relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth does not depend on our church attendance. This is not where you "find" Him. He lives in each and every believer through His Holy Spirit. This is the real Church, the Body of Christ . These Christians are spread among all facets of Christiandom regardless of their affiliation with a denomination. We worship Him every day in our deeds and actions and we know He loves us because we do not doubt.
That being said, attending a congregation is meant for Christans to meet as a family to help and love one another and to grow in our faith. Your reasons for attending is precisely the purpose of " going to church". Blessings.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I kind of avoid churches because they're populated by people looking for a date. Churches as a whole never recovered from the colonial office of being around to increase the population.

It should be about Jesus, but it offers "so much more" .. and that so much more is what it becomes about.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟841,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think if you have peace about your decision to go to the church you are going to and you feel comfortable there, then it's the church for you until you decide differently. It is always good to ask the Lord for peace when you are making a decision on what you are doing. God bless you.
PS If you lived where I do, you'd have 2 churches to choose from, a Baptist one and an Anglican one (we used to have four)

Upvote 0