Ohio US
✟150,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible has more than one verse. You haven't read the end of the book.
I've read the entire book. That's why I've dropped more than one doctrine that's not biblical. I was taught ECT and believed in it for much of my life. Although it seemed quite unbelievable that such a thing was possible. But I was indoctrinated with that belief until I actually did read the entire bible for the first time many years ago.

We have to take the bible as a whole. Something you refuse to do. It's easy to pull a few verses out and produce a doctrine.

And there's a difference between events being laid out and Christ reiterating "what's going to happen" at Judgement Day. He tells John write for these words are faithful and true -I make all things new. And then states he that overcomes "shall" inherit all things. And that the rest "shall have" their part in the LOF. Which we know is the second death. Both those things happen at Judgement Day. He's just stating things in a nutshell -making it simple. We aren't still being judged after Judgement Day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've read the entire book. That's why I've dropped more than one doctrine that's not biblical. I was taught ECT and believed in it for much of my life. Although it seemed quite unbelievable that such a thing was possible. But I was indoctrinated with that belief until I actually did read the entire bible for the first time many years ago.
We have to take the bible as a whole. Something you refuse to do. It's easy to pull a few verses out and produce a doctrine.
And there's a difference between events being laid out and Christ reiterating "what's going to happen" at Judgement Day. He tells John write for these words are faithful and true -I make all things new. And then states he that overcomes "shall" inherit all things. And that the rest "shall have" their part in the LOF. Which we know is the second death. Both those things happen at Judgement Day. He's just stating things in a nutshell -making it simple. We aren't still being judged after Judgement Day.
You talk about, "pull a few verses out and produce a doctrine" that is exactly what UR-ites do.
I believe what Jesus, Himself, said. Nothing that any NT writer said can take precedence over the words of Jesus, Himself. Many, most?, UR-ites put isolated, out-of-context vss, from Paul etc. over the words of Jesus Himself.
E.g. Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 25:46, Jeremiah 13:11-14, Romans 1:24, 26, 28 Revelation 22:11

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,558.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Somehow God becomes less than omniscient? Or only tight-lipped?
Not to mention less than omnipotent? Unable to raise the dead?
What's wrong with this picture?

What you seem to saying is God can not totally destroy such that no memory of the person exists, no blueprints for reconstruction.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You talk about, "pull a few verses out and produce a doctrine" that is exactly what UR-ites do.
I'm not a UR-ite.

over the words of Jesus, Himself.

Which is why I choose to believe Christ himself when he calls the LOF the second death. If Christ calls it the second death, I believe that. You don't believe those words.

And I've already told you about Revelation 21 verses 6 and 7 are just Christ reiterating what will happen. Those that overcome shall inherit all things. Those that don't shall have their part in the LOF. Both of those happen at Judgement Day. We can either believe Christ when he calls it the second death or we can choose not to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,558.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The word "hell" is perfectly acceptable. That there might have been a similar word somewhere that meant something else is irrelevant. The only people who believe this false narrative hang out in forums like this. When the average person tells someone to go to h*** they are not talking about a hole in the ground where foodstuffs were stored.
The Jews before and during the time of Jesus believed in a place of eternal fiery punishment, they called it both Sheol and Gehinnom, written in the 225BC LXX and the NT as "Hades" and "Gehenna." See link below

I believe the Bible, God said He sent down fire from heaven and destroyed Sodom, Gomorrah and the cities of the plain. Not a volcano.
And OBTW Merriam-Webster dictionary online does not list food storage place, graves etc. as a historical meaning. Just sayin' maybe, you should use credible sources for your information.

I came across a Hell when I was 13, a 6 feet deep hole lined with square kerosene cans. My father told me what it was for and what it was called, so these had been in use in Australia, before refrigeration.

The are still digging up Sodom and Gomorrah, removing the lava and finding things like loaves of bread in ovens.

Hell is an invitation for error; most would would expect hell to be full of demons and this leads Catholic Priests to perform exorcisms.

Unless you glow in the dark you should not tell knowledgeable people what to do.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you seem to saying is God can not totally destroy such that no memory of the person exists, no blueprints for reconstruction.
A bit of a conundrum, I suppose.
God forgives our sin by not remembering them AGAINST us. Can the omniscient actual forget anything?

Saint Steven said:
Somehow God becomes less than omniscient? Or only tight-lipped?
Not to mention less than omnipotent? Unable to raise the dead?
What's wrong with this picture?

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a UR-ite.
Which is why I choose to believe Christ himself when he calls the LOF the second death. If Christ calls it the second death, I believe that. You don't believe those words.
And I've already told you about Revelation 21 verses 6 and 7 are just Christ reiterating what will happen. Those that overcome shall inherit all things. Those that don't shall have their part in the LOF. Both of those happen at Judgement Day. We can either believe Christ when he calls it the second death or we can choose not to.
I thank you for your well-meaning but ill-informed attempts to explain to me what certain verses "really mean." I understand Revelation 21:6-7, quite well thank you. I believe Christ, it is you I don't believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I came across a Hell when I was 13, a 6 feet deep hole lined with square kerosene cans. My father told me what it was for and what it was called, so these had been in use in Australia, before refrigeration.
The are still digging up Sodom and Gomorrah, removing the lava and finding things like loaves of bread in ovens.
Hell is an invitation for error; most would would expect hell to be full of demons and this leads Catholic Priests to perform exorcisms.
Unless you glow in the dark you should not tell knowledgeable people what to do.
I don't know if you are agreeing or disagreeing with my post.

Upvote 0