Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
See Genesis 7:14 below. Who is being referred to here? These are the animals of the creation of the likeness of God. These are the creatures from the second creation.

Genesis 7: (13-16) 13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark; 14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort. 15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. 16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.

Genesis 1: (24-25) 24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Now Notice Genesis 7:15 These are the creatures from the first creation.

Genesis 2:7 7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Now look at the ones that are destroyed. Those cursed from the ground. This is why God rejected Cains offering. His offering was from the ground.

Genesis 7: (21-23) 21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: 22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. 23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

Now below notice that the only ones that come off the ark was from the second creation. God destroyed all of the creatures from the cursed ground. Those on the earth was destroyed and those on the ark didn't come off.

Genesis 8: (18-21)
18 And Noah went forth, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him: 19 Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark. 20 And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I really think my approach very difficult to dismiss. Can you show me how my chronological interpretation would be wrong?

Please review my original post (post #1) and show me how it would dismissed.

Post #75, and Genesis 3:20

As for those animals with the breath of life,
that means pretty much those we can see breathing:
mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles.
Not worms, insects, arachnids, or water breathing aquatic creatures.
Or plants.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Post #75, and Genesis 3:20

As for those animals with the breath of life,
that means pretty much those we can see breathing:
mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles.
Not worms, insects, arachnids, or water breathing aquatic creatures.
Or plants.

Probably not. If this is the case God declared said he would destroy all of those with the breath of life in them.

Genesis 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

This would mean all worms, insects, arachnids, or water breathing aquatic creatures.
or plants would need to be destroyed from the flood..

God called those things you are speaking of as creeping things in Genesis 6:20 and says those things he will spare.

There is no doubt two creations. One is after Gods kind and the other from the dust of the earth.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are not just the two creation accounts found in Genesis 1 and Genesis 2, there are three more in the Bible. They are Proverbs 8:22-31, Psalm 104 and Job 38.
Maybe I should be more selective in my language ad call them the Genesis accounts. I think you will find the language of creation of those books are specific to what I am calling the first creation. An example would be from Psalms 33:6.

Also notice the language of the deep and the references to water. This is the deep in Genesis 1:2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Probably not. If this is the case God declared said he would destroy all of those with the breath of life in them.

Genesis 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

This would mean all worms, insects, arachnids, or water breathing aquatic creatures.
or plants would need to be destroyed from the flood..

Look at my list again. I listed all those as NOT having the breath of life.
Insects and spiders could have been aboard the ark. How much dirt
would he have needed to bring to house worms and other creatures
that live in the earth? Maybe a few square yards? Plenty of room.
There would also have been a lot of floating debris to shelter bugs.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Look at my list again. I listed all those as NOT having the breath of life.
Insects and spiders could have been aboard the ark. How much dirt
would he have needed to bring to house worms and other creatures
that live in the earth? Maybe a few square yards? Plenty of room.
There would also have been a lot of floating debris to shelter bugs.

Genesis 7: (13-16) 13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark; 14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort. 15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. 16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.

The problem is that all that do not have "the breath of life" are "after his kind". Look at verse 14. Some of those without "the breath of life" are called beast, cattle, birds, etc. and therefore couldn't be only spiders, worms, and insects.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

The problem is that all that do not have "the breath of life" are "after his kind". Look at verse 14. Some of those without "the breath of life" are called beast, cattle, birds, etc. and therefore couldn't be only spiders, worms, and insects.

No, your quote shows that every animal that were collected went aboard the ark two by two.
The only ones different were the clean animals (those fit to be sacrifices to God) went abord
by seven couples, male and female.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, See post #81. God has made clear distinctions in His word between "after his kind" and those with "the breath of life". God obviously thought it was important enough to shown that they are different and so we cant group them together as one. They are two groups of creatures.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, See post #81. God has made clear distinctions in His word between "after his kind" and those with "the breath of life". God obviously thought it was important enough to shown that they are different and so we cant group them together as one. They are two groups of creatures.

That is two different ways of classifying animals.

All animals which have young like themselves.
All land animals that have lungs to breathe air.

Land animals belong to both groups, other than
the exemptions we listed earlier: insects, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go back to Genesis one and two and see how they are classified.

They are two groups though "after his kind" and those from "dust of the earth". The people are very different. I'll show you one from the first creation. These are from earths early past and are different from todays people.

We can see below that the sons of men are from the dust and we can see they are very beast like and terrifying in appearance.

Ecclesiastes 3: (18-21) 18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. 20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Psalms 4 My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

Notice Elihu here is made from the dirt, states that Gods breath has given him life and notice his appearance is frightening.

Job 33: (3-14) 3 My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart: and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly. 4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. 5 If thou canst answer me, set thy words in order before me, stand up. 6 Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay. 7 Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee. 8 Surely thou hast spoken in mine hearing, and I have heard the voice of thy words, saying, 9 I am clean without transgression, I am innocent; neither is there iniquity in me. 10 Behold, he findeth occasions against me, he counteth me for his enemy, 11 He putteth my feet in the stocks, he marketh all my paths. 12 Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man. 13 Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters. 14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

Elihu is from the first creation in earth distant past. He is from the generations of the “heavens and of the earth when they were created”. He is not like the people from today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0