Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God told Ezekiel to go and tell the King of Egypt--the pharaoh--- God did not send Ezekiel back in time to before the flood! He was being sent to the King of Egypt during the time of Ezekiel---which was during the Babylonian captivity of the Jews.
I never said he sent him back in time.

He comparing Pharaoh to a event that had occurred in the past.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We can also see Satan had fell in Eden too. Ezekiel is comparing Pharaoh to Lucifer.

Eze 31:16 I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

The earth was covered by the deep (Genesis 1:2) because of his fall also.

Eze 31:15 Thus saith the Lord God; In the day when he went down to the grave I caused a mourning: I covered the deep for him, and I restrained the floods thereof, and the great waters were stayed: and I caused Lebanon to mourn for him, and all the trees of the field fainted for him.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We can also see Satan had fell in Eden too. Ezekiel is comparing Pharaoh to Lucifer.

Eze 31:16 I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

As I said-this is similar to Isaiah 14---but it is not about kingdoms that did not exist at the time of Adam and Eve. But Satan and his followers did.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As I said-this is similar to Isaiah 14---but it is not about kingdoms that did not exist at the time of Adam and Eve. But Satan and his followers did.

Eze 31: 17 They also went down into hell with him unto them that be slain with the sword; and they that were his arm, that dwelt under his shadow in the midst of the heathen.

The nations slain by the sword are in Ezekiel 32. They are seven nations that are slain by the sword and are in the pit (Revelation 17).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Eze 31: 17 They also went down into hell with him unto them that be slain with the sword; and they that were his arm, that dwelt under his shadow in the midst of the heathen.

The nations slain by the sword are in Ezekiel 32. They are seven nations that are slain by the sword and are in the pit (Revelation 17:9).

This is also being said to pharaoh, king of Egypt.
Eze 32:2 Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him,
Ez 31 was "in the eleventh year, in the third month, in the first day of the month,"
Ez 32 was "in the twelfth year, in the twelfth month, in the first day of the month,"

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is also being said to pharaoh, king of Egypt.
Eze 32:2 Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him,
Ez 31 was "in the eleventh year, in the third month, in the first day of the month,"
Ez 32 was "in the twelfth year, in the twelfth month, in the first day of the month,"

So. How does that change a event of Ezekiel's time being compared to a event in the past?

See verses 20 through 32.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paul paints a graphic picture of this time early in the creation. We can see "they" referred to in verse 21, and 22 worshiped the creature more than the Creator (verse 25). Its seems many strange things went on with "they" during the creation of the world.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Paul paints a graphic picture of this time early in the creation. We can see "they" referred to in verse 21, and 22 worshiped the creature more than the Creator (verse 25). Its seems many strange things went on early on.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Post #68.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Amen. Yes but by the Word. He was there from the start.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Proverbs 8: (23-31) 23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: 26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. 27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: 28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: 29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: 30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; 31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

When Christ walked day after day with the sons of men during the "generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created".

Its all connected from the beginning.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
More food for thought.

As I stated earlier, there are two creation stories in Genesis. One event describes the creation of man from the dust of the earth while second shows mans creation in the image of God.

Those from the dust

Ecclesiastes 3: (18-20) 18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. 20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

The end result of the union of the sons of men and the sons of God are below. That is those from the first creation and those from the second.

Genesis 6: (1-6) 1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. 5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Those of the dust are to be destroyed.

Genesis 6:7 7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Those created in his image are to be retained.

Genesis 9:6 6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

I find this difficult to call a coincidence.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
More food for thought.

As I stated earlier, there are two creation stories in Genesis. One event describes the creation of man from the dust of the earth while second shows mans creation in the image of God.

Those from the dust

Ecclesiastes 3: (18-20) 18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. 20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

The end result of the union of the sons of men and the sons of God are below. That is those from the first creation and those from the second.

Genesis 6: (1-6) 1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. 5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Those of the dust are to be destroyed.

Genesis 6:7 7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Those created in his image are to be retained.

Genesis 9:6 6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

I find this difficult to call a coincidence.

Thoughts?

Amen, brother. Adam was "formed" physically, the 3rd Day before the plants, herbs and rain by the Hands of Lord God/Jesus from the dust of the ground. Gen 2:4-7 Being formed or shaped by the Hands of Jesus before anything else, gives Human kind a higher position than Angels IF they are born again Spiritually in Christ. Humans (descendants of Adam) MUST be born again, like Adam and Eve were, or they cannot enter Heaven. Gen 1:27 and Gen 5:1-2 Both were born again by the Trinity (God) on the present 6th Day/Age in the creation story. Amen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It sounds crazy but there are two physical creations. I've spent a lot of time studying this and have written a book that is ready to be published. What I'm going to show on this forum is only a small piece of a bigger picture. I'm really looking for peoples perspective and wanting peoples thoughts on how it impacts Christ purpose for mankind.

I will begin by asking that people interested first read Genesis 10:31 and then read Genesis 11:1 and ask yourself what is wrong with this picture? In short, the end of Genesis 10 has people on earth with different languages while the beginning of Genesis 11 shows them all having the same language.

Make a timeline. The genealogies in chapter 10 go long past the tower of
Babel and the mixing of languages.

Chapter 11 is about the tower of Babel and its aftermath.
Then more genealogies to show who is who and who went where.

Like Genesis chapters 1 and 2, one is a history list, the next a specific
story during that time.

Chapter 1 is creation week, and chapter 2 is the story of Adam and Eve.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I just posted in another thread that the gap theory is easy to dismiss.
No fossils would have made it through a world destroyer, such as an
angel war and Satan being thrown to earth. The flood, at least, quickly
buried many creatures in an airless environment to fossilize them and
turn much of the vegetation to coal and natural gas.

It's easy to read into scripture, but generally then you have to read out
several other parts, or you have contradictions.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
No contradictions here. Notice only animals denoted as their kind got off the ark. Those of dust off earth are destroyed and God states he will not curse the ground again.

All animals had a kind of their own. Dogs and wolves had a dog kind.
Felines had a cat kind. Dinosaurs had dinosaur kinds.

The only caveat was that clean animals (real food, as in Leviticus 11)
were taken on in seven pairs, rather than just male and female.
Why? They would need to procreate quickly, as they were used for
both food and sacrifices.

Also, note that the only cursed animal, the serpent, lives nearly everywhere.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just posted in another thread that the gap theory is easy to dismiss.
No fossils would have made it through a world destroyer, such as an
angel war and Satan being thrown to earth. The flood, at least, quickly
buried many creatures in an airless environment to fossilize them and
turn much of the vegetation to coal and natural gas.

It's easy to read into scripture, but generally then you have to read out
several other parts, or you have contradictions.

I really think my approach very difficult to dismiss. Can you show me how my chronological interpretation would be wrong?

Please review my original post (post #1) and show me how it would dismissed.

Upvote 0