Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How about change, then hope, then solutions, then a kegger? That cool with you?

There's probably a ton of achievements attributable to Michelle Obama that would not apply to you.

So how does that affect the price of tea in China?

Huh?

Have you read her Princeton thesis? Fits right in with what she and her husband are saying today. Fits right in with the vision of their "afro-centric" church.

What I have to do with anything is the question. I'm not telling anyone "we have to fix our souls. Our souls are broken in this nation."

And even if I were saying that, I don't have (at the present time) a spouse who might become President of the United States of America and have the power to start pushing anyone around who didn't share my vision.

Upvote 0

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Have you read her Princeton thesis? Fits right in with what she and her husband are saying today. Fits right in with the vision of their "afro-centric" church.

What I have to do with anything is the question. I'm not telling anyone "we have to fix our souls. Our souls are broken in this nation."

And even if I were saying that, I don't have (at the present time) a spouse who might become President of the United States of America and have the power to start pushing anyone around who didn't share my vision.

Yadda yadda. Many of the biggest complainers about how America is just not the country it should be or is just not the country it once was are white fundie christians who always vote republican.

Such people say THEY are the true Americans and all who disagree with their ideology, whether mere citizens or elected officials, are unAmerican in some way.

I find such speech far more offensive than anything I've ever heard Michelle Obama say.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course she didn't. If the Republican candidates had anything substantial on which to run, some of the Republicans here would not find it necessary to find irrelevant things with which to slime Obama.

Just pay no attention to the slimes. The more some of the Republicans here slime, the better it makes Obama look.
Ringo
I would think a First couple in the White House who have been ashamed of America up until the point where the husband ran for President is a pretty significant issue. You may ignore it if you wish, but that is my country they are ashamed of

Upvote 0

MacCoyle

Non-Partisan
Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
✟8,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would think a First couple in the White House who have been ashamed of America up until the point where the husband ran for President is a pretty significant issue. You may ignore it if you wish, but that is my country they are ashamed of

Despite the fact that they never said they were ashamed. Good job making things up.
Well, keep on going and grasping at straws.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Despite the fact that they never said they were ashamed. Good job making things up.
Well, keep on going and grasping at straws.
It's the Left that has to defend her and what she said. Denial is not a good means of doing so but is not all that uncommon, as we see here in this case

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yadda yadda. Many of the biggest complainers about how America is just not the country it should be or is just not the country it once was are white fundie christians who always vote republican.

Such people say THEY are the true Americans and all who disagree with their ideology, whether mere citizens or elected officials, are unAmerican in some way.

I find such speech far more offensive than anything I've ever heard Michelle Obama say.

And those people do not have much to do with me. I disagree with them, too, as I am not a fundamentalist and I do not have a vision of a 'white America.'

Most extreme fundamentalists I have met in my life come from interracial churches. The most fundamentalist Baptist church I went to had a sizable black population. But importantly, politics were not in the sermons. Just talking about God...

I keep my God and my politics separate.

Politics are a dirty, tricky game.

God is not down for tricks and for deceptions, God is not down for getting into the pig sty of politics and wrestling with the issues.

Politics are the rule of men and do not belong with God. That is whyt he Church must always be separate:

The Church operates on a higher level than the government because it discusses what people should do while politics tries to handle what people can and cannot do and what a nation should and shouldn't do.

When anyone confuses the two I feel a little upset, whether it is fundamentalists trying to implement Biblical laws or liberation theologians putting God on the backburner for radical politics.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Man...are these threads still here?

Don't y'all get tired of these endless slimes? Don't y'all have anything better to do than make issues out of non-issues, like - oh, I don't know....campaign for the candidate of your choice instead of focusing entirely on your opponent?
Ringo

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Man...are these threads still here?

Don't y'all get tired of these endless slimes? Don't y'all have anything better to do than make issues out of non-issues, like - oh, I don't know....campaign for the candidate of your choice instead of focusing entirely on your opponent?
Ringo
You know, it's not like we've accused Obama of being AWOL from the National Guard or anything like that. We're not dredging up stories of him paying for an abortion for his girlfriend 30 years ago or accusing him of having financial dealings with the Saudis. It's not like Republicans don't get their share of sliming after all

Upvote 0

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
In a s00per sekret nukular bunkar!111!one!!!
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
You know, it's not like we've accused Obama of being AWOL from the National Guard or anything like that. We're not dredging up stories of him paying for an abortion for his girlfriend 30 years ago or accusing him of having financial dealings with the Saudis. It's not like Republicans don't get their share of sliming after all

Or slathering decades old misdemeanors over national news...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Or slathering decades old misdemeanors over national news...
[sarcasm]Your poor, poor people. Obviously, since your feelings were hurt in the past, that gives you every right to slander and slime a Presidential candidate out of desperation.

You're breaking my heart.[/sarcasm]
Ringo

Upvote 0

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
[sarcasm]Your poor, poor people. Obviously, since your feelings were hurt in the past, that gives you every right to slander and slime a Presidential candidate out of desperation.

Ringo

As opposed to digging up stories about a presidential candidate that are decades old or making stories up, that if they were true, would be decades old?

Wait. That was a Republican, so it's acceptable.

:bow:

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As opposed to digging up stories about a presidential candidate that are decades old or making stories up, that if they were true, would be decades old?

When did I ever dig up any story that was "decades old" about any Republican?

I'm not the one here who's trying to slime a candidate out of desperation.
Ringo

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I didn't know John Kerry was a republican? You are talking about "Swift Boat", right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ringo
First off, slander is verbal. Second, we are merely telling the truth. :wave:

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Aren't you often ashamed of the country, at least some of the things going on in it?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Aren't you often ashamed of the country, at least some of the things going on in it?
Of course he isn't. He maintains worshipful adoration of his country at all times.

[sarcasm]To do otherwise would be unpatriotic and unAmerican[/sarcasm]
Ringo

Upvote 0

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
When did I ever dig up any story that was "decades old" about any Republican?

I'm not the one here who's trying to slime a candidate out of desperation.
Ringo

I never claimed that you did.

Unfortunately, people like to dig up old DUI stories about Republicans.

Upvote 0