Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You know, many of us have thought the same thing, is your mind just a product of certain emotions. But, there`s really nothing, just emotions to make us behave in a certain way. Well, if that`s so, we`re all just dead bodies, moving around with no purpose, just certain processes to make us re-produce. I have another take on it, we`re all the product of energy. I mean, the universe began with a sun, energy, then when the energy cooled down, it formed mass, and because the sun was so heavy, it collapsed under it`s own weight, and why we have gravity also, because of the momentum this caused. I think energy, which the first sun consisted of, is a little living; the reason why we`re living also. If you look at someone closely, in their eyes, you can see this light. It`s the reason we`re living, and not just bodies, walking around. We lived before DNA, we`re all sons, of this energy, sort of. LIke God`s sons. The soul isn`t from DNA, anyways, I`m just making a point. The soul get`s transfered, in another way, before birth. That`s why they spent billions on researching also, without finding genes linked to the personality.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my take on it, it`s a popular thing now to think there`s nothing in the soul, they say "nothing", among western people. I always knew I felt real, to me it`s just nonsense to think there`s nothing. I think they fall under their own irrationally also, because they still care about others, wants to have sex, and so fourth; what`s the point then, if there`s nothing. Exactly, I wouldn`t like care about others, or talk to them, if there`s nothing. I`d just be under my own reflexes then, and not in control of myself, and spending life in society.

My point is, I think energy is living a little. The whole universe, is living. The thing, we all consists of. What`s your take on it? We feel a "self" also, which also could just be a trick from nature, to make us feel real. But, I don`t think so. Science knows we have a soul. scientist says so, and they struggle with this "self" also, they can`t understand why we have it, because in their minds, we`re just brains ... Happy Holidays!

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What`s your take on it?

My take on it is that people can analyze their makeup until the cows come home.

But if they don't accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour, they're going to spend eternity in a lake of thermal energy.

Tjufsen said:
Happy Holidays!

Thank you!

And a Merry Christmas to you!

Remember: Jesus is the Reason for the Season! :)

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Life is a miracle. You get down to the building blocks- atoms are energy. But when you get to the whole real person it is amazing from the ground up, especially when they are walking with Jesus. When you read about all the tissues and functions and organs we are special. But it’s Gods life that makes it a miracle. Much more than I’d instincts. I guess some people are burned out who have not experienced the life of Christ. And also drugs have taken their toll.

• Winner
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My point is, I think energy is living a little.

Like consciousness? Panpsychism, perhaps?

In the philosophy of mind, panpsychism (/pænˈsaɪkɪzəm/) is the view that the mind or a mindlike aspect is a fundamental and ubiquitous feature of reality.[1] It is also described as a theory that "the mind is a fundamental feature of the world which exists throughout the universe".[2] It is one of the oldest philosophical theories, and has been ascribed to philosophers including Thales, Plato, Spinoza, Leibniz, William James,[3] Alfred North Whitehead, Bertrand Russell, and Galen Strawson.[1] In the 19th century, panpsychism was the default philosophy of mind in Western thought, but it saw a decline in the mid-20th century with the rise of logical positivism.[3][4] Recent interest in the hard problem of consciousness and developments in the fields of neuroscience, psychology, and quantum physics have revived interest in panpsychism in the 21st century.

People tend to balk at the notion that mind is fundamental to reality because the idea, depending on how it is framed, can seem counter-intuitive. One can legitimately ask: Are rocks conscious? But Spinoza is a a good example of a different framing: There is only one substance, i.e. God/Nature. This infinite substance can be expressed in an infinite number of attributes, two of which humans can observe: extension and thought. Every instance of either extension or thought is a mode of that attribute. So, mind is fundamental to reality, i.e. panpsychism, but it's not monistic panpsychism, which is the kind that leads to questions about whether rocks have some degree of consciousness. When I think of panpsychism, I am generally thinking along the lines of Galen Strawson. which does strike me as a monistic form of panpsychism, but in more general terms, the idea that mind is fundamental to reality does have a long and varied history in western thought.

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Like consciousness? Panpsychism, perhaps?

In the philosophy of mind, panpsychism (/pænˈsaɪkɪzəm/) is the view that the mind or a mindlike aspect is a fundamental and ubiquitous feature of reality.[1] It is also described as a theory that "the mind is a fundamental feature of the world which exists throughout the universe".[2] It is one of the oldest philosophical theories, and has been ascribed to philosophers including Thales, Plato, Spinoza, Leibniz, William James,[3] Alfred North Whitehead, Bertrand Russell, and Galen Strawson.[1] In the 19th century, panpsychism was the default philosophy of mind in Western thought, but it saw a decline in the mid-20th century with the rise of logical positivism.[3][4] Recent interest in the hard problem of consciousness and developments in the fields of neuroscience, psychology, and quantum physics have revived interest in panpsychism in the 21st century.

People tend to balk at the notion that mind is fundamental to reality because the idea, depending on how it is framed, can seem counter-intuitive. One can legitimately ask: Are rocks conscious? But Spinoza is a a good example of a different framing: There is only one substance, i.e. God/Nature. This infinite substance can be expressed in an infinite number of attributes, two of which humans can observe: extension and thought. Every instance of either extension or thought is a mode of that attribute. So, mind is fundamental to reality, i.e. panpsychism, but it's not monistic panpsychism, which is the kind that leads to questions about whether rocks have some degree of consciousness. When I think of panpsychism, I am generally thinking along the lines of Galen Strawson. which does strike me as a monistic form of panpsychism, but in more general terms, the idea that mind is fundamental to reality does have a long and varied history in western thought.

It`s a little like, it`s a process, it moves, and burns. Maybe it`s living a little, like a life-form, but simple. You have good insights, if energy`s a simple life-form, maybe it only remembers a little. People do seem to have old memories from past lives, maybe because we come from the same thing, like en never-ending evolving

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My take on it is that people can analyze their makeup until the cows come home.

But if they don't accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour, they're going to spend eternity in a lake of thermal energy.

Thank you!

And a Merry Christmas to you!

Remember: Jesus is the Reason for the Season! :)
-
AV, i will ask you since you wrote this in your post. You stated: But if they don't accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour

I see this used a lot by many christians, but i am puzzled at where this statement came from. As there are no verse in The Bible stating, accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior.

In The Bible I see (and i use) believe in Jesus for Eternal Life/Everlasting Life, many times especially in The Gospel of John.

So why not use The Bible's wording when speaking to unbelievers about eternal life salvation, instead of what i am guessing is a human worded approach.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV, i will ask you since you wrote this in your post. You stated: But if they don't accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour
Correct.
I see this used a lot by many christians, but i am puzzled at where this statement came from.
Since salvation is a free gift from God, we like to say that all one has to do is accept that gift.
As there are no verse in The Bible stating, accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior.
Not in those words, no.
In The Bible I see (and i use) believe in Jesus for Eternal Life/Everlasting Life, many times especially in The Gospel of John.
Okay.
So why not use The Bible's wording when speaking to unbelievers about eternal life salvation, instead of what i am guessing is a human worded approach.
That's fair.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And "practicing Christian"can mean lots of things to lots of people.

Some people [here] believe Hitler was a Christian because he wore a belt buckle that said: GOTT MIT UNS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Some people [here] believe Hitler was a Christian because we wore a belt buckle that said: GOTT MIT UNS.
He was a much bigger fan of Islam. He wished that Germany was an Islamic nation. Although he felt the Arabs were an inferior race, he thought Islam in the hands of the "right people" could conquer the world.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is closed for staff review. The Statement of Purpose for this forum includes:

General Apologetics: This is not a forum where Christians are asked to defend their faith against objections and criticism from non-believers. Non-Christians are not allowed to challenge Christian theology, beliefs and practices here or in any forum at Christianforums.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

Some posts were removed so that this thread would fit this forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people [here] believe Hitler was a Christian because we wore a belt buckle that said: GOTT MIT UNS.
By their fruits you will know them.

I'll trade you one.
Some people thinking to turn metal into gold long were considered great scientists.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums