Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How is this incongruent with evolution? Perhaps Adam became a living soul in the image of God before Eve.

Is that not what the bible teaches?
My reply talked about a creation of Eve after Adam. You didn't really address the point. That point alone kills evolutionism and the bible squaring.

Could Eve not be the mother of all spiritually living people?

No, there would have been others around. Secondly, the bible doesn't make that claim. You need to add that to scripture.
Now, if you can find other verses that support your line of reasoning I'll listen...otherwise your theology is based upon speculation and perhaps.

It is unclear who wrote Genesis and how that person received their information to write down. My own inclination is that Moses wrote Genesis thousands of years after mankind were formed in God's image. I believe Moses received his information from many sources including dreams and visions God gave him. Moses most probably used local knowledge from Egypt and other nations and combined it with his spiritual insight to put together the Genesis polemic against those pagan ideas. With this in mind, it makes more sense to me to read Genesis allegorically and quite loosely. It also makes sense that God gave Moses snapshots of how the world got to where it was through dreams and visions so as to present Who God is more accurately. Perhaps God would show the fish and then the vision would go black, and then God would show some other animals etc. Hence Moses interpreted literal days while God was actually taking snapshots millions of years apart (Moses would not have understood a timeline over billions of years). So it makes sense that from dust came the evolution of life culminating in mankind and that it would not be written down in a precise way. How would have God presented evolution to Moses? By showing a cell transition through multiple stages of life over billions of years until it morphed into a man? Moses wouldn't have even known what to write down; not to mention it would be wrong to just morph things together.

More speculation......I have already shown you why it contradicts the bible. Making Eve from Adams rib is the farthest thing from evolution. All you have done is talk around that point.

Two possibilities I know of (obviously there are more). First, it may be a reference to the fact that God gave Adam a spiritual nature first and then Eve second. Alternatively, perhaps Adam evolved first into a spiritual being and Eve second.

Is that what the bible says? Speculation doesn't equal theology. As I said above, if you can show several other verses that support that conclusion....present them.

Keep in mind Adam being put into a sleep ...then having a rib removed,,,from which Eve was formed sounds nothing like what you are trying to say.

God may have breathed a soul into the single man, Adam; or He may have taken a generation called the Adam generation. Either view has its own merits. I lean towards a literal man, Adam. But I am not dogmatic on the issue.

Which is part of your problem. The bible is dogmatic there was a literal man named Adam.
Here's why you can be dogmatic:

1 Chron 1:1 The descendants of Adam were Seth, Enosh,

Jude 1:14 It was also about these that Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones,

Luke 3:8 the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

These are just several examples where Adam is presented as a literal, historic person you can be biblically dogmatic about.

I don't think of an entire population falling and hiding in the garden. I think of Adam and Eve living in a literal Garden of Eden, as a physical place on the earth. The Garden of Eden would have been a spiritually and physically perfect place where God had 100% access. Outside of the Garden I think the earth was going through a spiritual war between God and the devil, hence the death and sickness so rampant in the evolutionary process and the fossil record. However Adam and Eve were given the job of extending the borders of the Garden of Eden over the whole earth, in communion with God they would reclaim it. God would work through Adam and Eve to win the war over the devil and cast him out completely. When Adam and Eve sinned, the spiritual connection with God was severed. They were no longer one in spirit. God wondered where they had gone? He had to send them out of the Garden and bring His kingdom into the earth another way. This is why Jesus came and preached the kingdom. Did I answer your question?

Near the end you started to get it right.

What I think you're trying to do now is change your position...making Adam and Eve a special creation...living in a perfect garden...with evolutionism happing outside of the garden.....which once again can't be biblically supported and extra biblical "theology" must be introduced.

Your theological problem is you are required to change scripture to support your view.

Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, there would have been others around.

There were other humans, but were they spiritually alive as Adam and Eve were? "So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden" (Genesis 4:16).

Making Eve from Adams rib is the farthest thing from evolution.

I don't think you're quite understanding the difference between literal and allegorical. Life evolved by cells dividing to reproduce.

Is that what the bible says? Speculation doesn't equal theology.

To argue against what I write with, "Is that what the bible says?" implies there is one literal and correct reading and you know it. This is simply untrue. There are so many problems with a literal reading I don't know where to start.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There were other humans, but were they spiritually alive as Adam and Eve were? "So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden" (Genesis 4:16).

I don't think you're quite understanding the difference between literal and allegorical. Life evolved by cells dividing to reproduce.

To argue against what I write with, "Is that what the bible says?" implies there is one literal and correct reading and you know it. This is simply untrue. There are so many problems with a literal reading I don't know where to start.

There is only one literal and correct reading of Genesis. I'm sure I'm not 100% accurate concerning Genesis...but I do know I don't pollute Genesis by trying to force fit evolutionism into it by adding tons of extra-biblical material.

Upvote 0