South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For his anger lasts only a brief moment, and his good favor restores one's life.

The Lord's punishment is Not an end in itself, It leads to change and adjustment at the conclusion.
No one comes to this belief by studying Scripture.

This is taught only by heretics.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our Father is the God of love & mercy from which His judgment in restoration flow. He is not our Judge, He is our Father. His judgments are unto life, change & transformation, IOW, not mindless correction.

Yah is the God of unfailing love
We shall all be judged for every word and deed.
Matthew 12:36

And it is God that will do the judging.

Where does the Bible claim that God's Wrath is mindless correction?

That is pretty blasphemous.

Upvote 0

Jeff Saunders

May 1, 2022
Tennessee
✟37,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see Yahweh’s wrath as the consuming of all that is destroying the objects of his love (all humans) Sin is what is destroying people and keeping them from seeing his love he has for all. That is why Paul said to hand the person over to satan so that the body may die but he will be saved in the end. Sometimes when Yahweh use’s his wrath to destroy sin people’s body dies , but we are not our body , their true selves lives on .

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our God as the Beginning & Ending takes full responsibility for all He has made. We are all His children, good bad & ugly. Every last one of us are destined to be conformed to the image of the 1st Begotten.

God is Saviour of all mankind: the malista & the radical pas.
That's not what Jesus teaches.

Matthew 13:38

Reactions: atpollard
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
They are the same God.

Does the Bible somewhere teach that they are two Gods?

Of course it's the same God. If I gave the impression I was talking about two gods rather than the same God then I apologize.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Think...
Upvote 0

Jeff Saunders

May 1, 2022
Tennessee
✟37,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe, maybe not, but they don't skip the Judgment.

Yes you are correct they don’t skip the judgement. But neither do we all are judged. It is appointed for man once to die then the judgement. The question is what is the judgement? I believe it’s have you followed Jesus or not , if yes you pass the judgement if no then refinement is needed the dross must be skimmed off and that is a painful process of a unknown duration.

Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes you are correct they don’t skip the judgement. But neither do we all are judged.
Are you saying we don't all get judged?
It is appointed for man once to die then the judgement. The question is what is the judgement? I believe it’s have you followed Jesus or not , if yes you pass the judgement if no then refinement is needed the dross must be skimmed off and that is a painful process of a unknown duration.
Sincere question: Is that what you see as happening here?

Matthew 7:21-23

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We shall all be judged for every word and deed.

And it is God that will do the judging.

Where does the Bible claim that God's Wrath is mindless correction?

That is pretty blasphemous.
Any punishment by a good father, that is not with full intention of change and transformation, is mindless torture!

Our Father punishes His wayward children with transformation at the close.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Any punishment by a good father, that is not with full intention of change and transformation, is mindless torture!

More proof that the wicked who are punished in the Wrath of God ... ARE NOT GOD'S CHILDREN.

Nothing God does is mindless.

All True Christians know this inherently.

And you failed to produce any Scripture whatsoever to support your claim.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
More proof that the wicked who are punished in the Wrath of God ... ARE NOT GOD'S CHILDREN.

Nothing God does is mindless.

All True Christians know this inherently.

And you failed to produce any Scripture whatsoever to support your claim.
Our heavenly Lord punishes not out of wrath, but out of His essence LOVE.

His plans & purposes for each of us is to bring us into alignment with Himself.

At-one-ment

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our heavenly Lord punishes not out of wrath, but out of His essence LOVE.

His plans & purposes for each of us is to bring us into alignment with Himself.

At-one-ment
Mm-hm.

You're ignoring the parts you don't like.

You're living in a bubble where nobody can harm your imaginary reality.

Living-in-a-bubble.-Nothing-in-a-bubble-is-the-way-its-supposed-to-be.jpg

Upvote 0

Jeff Saunders

May 1, 2022
Tennessee
✟37,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe, maybe not, but they don't skip the Judgment.

Yes you are correct they don’t skip the judgement. But neither do we all are judged. It is appointed for man once to die then the judgement. The question is what is the judgement? I believe it’s have you followed Jesus or not , if yes you pass the judgement if no then refinement is needed the dross must be skimmed off and that is a painful process of a unknown duration.
Are you saying we don't all get judged?

Sincere question: Is that what you see as happening here?

Matthew 7:21-23
Yes we are judged and that judgement is did you follow Jesus while in your mortal body or not . It’s not a judgement of heaven or hell but one of are you part of Yahweh’s family or not , if not then your judgement is lake of fire till all the dross is burned away and you are refined.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Can you provide the Scriptures that actually teach that all people on earth are children of God?

Can you provide the Scriptures that actually teach that the Judgment is not eternal, but is a place where God punishes the wayward children with transformation at the close?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It’s not a judgement of heaven or hell but one of are you part of Yahweh’s family or not , if not then your judgement is lake of fire till all the dross is burned away and you are refined.
THEN you get to go to heaven.

So you believe EVERYBODY gets a trophy.

participationtrophy.jpg

EVERYBODY goes to heaven.

I thought that was just for dogs.

nmWh1NglDinfkHD9zCNqGWyhl7Q.jpg

It's for ALL PEOPLE too?!!

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Can you provide the Scriptures that actually teach that all people on earth are children of God?

Can you provide the Scriptures that actually teach that the Judgment is not eternal, but is a place where God punishes the wayward children with transformation at the close?

The Aidios One alone is eternal. That which He begins as the Author, He finishes to His complete satisfaction.

Source, Guide, Goal of ta pante.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

helkō is in 6 passages of Canon. In each instance that which is drawn comes.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AND that belief is a gift.

Further separating (sanctifying) the people He calls His own.
Can you show me the Scriptures that actually teach the faith God accepts to be saved is a gift of God?

I can show you that justification is a gift from God, that is received by faith (Romans 3:21-26; Romans 4:18-25).
I can show you that God's salvation is a gift of God's grace that is received by faith (Romans 6:23; Romans 5:1-2).
I can show you that all God's promises are ours by faith in Lord Jesus (Romans 6:16; Galatians 3:21-22).
I can show you that those who believe receive the Holy Spirit to give them life (John 7:37-39).
I can show you that those who believe demonstrate the fruits of the Spirit by the Spirit living in them (Galatians 5:22-25).
I can show you that those who believe receive various gifts of the Spirit and the faith to carry out those gifts (Romans 12:4-8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-31).

But can you show me the Scriptures that teach that faith onto salvation is a gift of God?

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

helkō is in 6 passages of Canon. In each instance that which is drawn comes.
Lord Jesus, after His resurrection, is indeed drawing all people onto himself by the Gospel Word (Romans 10:17-21) and the Spirit (John 16:7-8).

The drawing is for the whole world, but the only ones drawn to Christ are those who will listen and believe - the humble.

Psalms 25:8-9 (WEB) Good and upright is Yahweh, therefore he will instruct sinners in the way.
9 He will guide the humble in justice. He will teach the humble his way.

But that drawing only leads to faith in some instances, because in pride and arrogance, many refuse the gracious invitation of the Gospel, and they resist the Holy Spirit, and so remain lost.

Acts 7:51 (WEB) “You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!

Matthew 22:3 (WEB) He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

Romans 10:21 (WEB) 21 But concerning Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.”

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (WEB) They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie; 12 and so, all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Luke 13:34 (WEB) “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

As you can see by these Passage, not all who are drawn by God will lead to repentance and faith; and so, they are condemned. God's desire and will is that we would believe and so be saved, but faith is each person's responsibility. That is why not all believe.

Upvote 0