Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is that im at the point of not caring that i sin. Ive tried so many times to stay repentant. And fail and fail again, there has to be something wrong. Feel free to discuss or debate or bless or whatever. It is the junkdrawer.

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is that im at the point of not caring that i sin. Ive tried so many times to stay repentant. And fail and fail again, there has to be something wrong. Feel free to discuss or debate or bless or whatever. It is the junkdrawer.
Don't think you are alone... the enemy knows his time is short and is seeking whom he may devour. You can get a sense of how scared Satan is of your faith by the amount of trials, temptations and opposition you face. We are told to endure to the end... it doesn't say it will be easy but the reward will be unquestionably worth it.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

If you're striving to be perfect, I understand the frustration. However, giving up caring about sin is the exact wrong direction, rather give up the notion you can be sinless. There's a reason Jesus told us about repenting of our sins each day, because He knows us better than we know ourselves. Just roll with it. You're working within a relationship, not appeasing a tyrant.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Seeings this is the junk drawer, here's some junk for you to think about.

How does one stay repentant, you either repent or you don't, there isn't a state of being which you remain in, Jesus said be hot or cold but don't be lukewarm, otherwise He will spew you out of His mouth, that is the state staying repentant,(lukewarm), have you felt as though you were being spewed out?

You say
I'm at the point of not caring that I sin, I fail and fail again, there has to be something wrong.

The thing that is wrong is that you do not understand the meaning of Repentance, Repentance isn't feelings of remorse, or being sorrowful, Repentance is STOPPING, it's TURNING AROUND from your sin, and going in the opposite direction, this in a nutshell is what is wrong, you have not truly Repented.

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more, He wasn't telling her to not steal, or lie, He was telling her to not go and commit adultery again, that was her sin and she needed to repent of that sin, she needed to stop committing adultery.

The other thing is, babes in Christ will continually mess in their diaper, you will fill a diaper on a regular basis until you have learned to STOP messing in it, at that point you will begin to walk because you have gained some knowledge that you are able to walk in, which makes you stronger, you will still fill a diaper from time to time, that is normal, but these mishaps aren't something that should be the norm in your Christian walk, God doesn't condemn you for falling down, but it displeases Him when you remain sitting in the mess.

Rom. 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Three questions.
When were you Saved?
When were you Baptized?
How often to you Read and Study the Bible?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you sure that it is sin? Do you understand the consequences of doing that sin? I think there is something amiss in your knowledge if you are prepared to do sin. Maybe you have believed that it is sin without understanding why it is sin, and that is creating some cognitive dissonance - where part of you is believing that it is not really bad. Can you see why I am asking these questions? It is quite common for that to happen, and people fall away from the faith because in the end, they would rather do the sin than be forever trying to fight against something that deep inside they think should not even be a sin (Hosea 4:6).

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that im at the point of not caring that i sin. Ive tried so many times to stay repentant. And fail and fail again, there has to be something wrong.
That could be any number of reasons.

First off - is the "repentance" you are trying to maintain a product of conviction by the Holy Spirit, or condemnation from legalism?

The first will encourage you and elicit a change of heart. It will also give you strength and motivation to change. The 2nd will just beat you down for being a failure but will give you no help or hope.

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0