The 'World' in which we live...................

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible warns us to avoid 'the world' in which we live. But how many that have read these words actually understand them????

I've had people tell me that America is a country formed upon the principles of God.

Yet all indications, once one DOES understand what the Bible means, are that America is about as ANTI God as any country ever has been. It's just a bit better at 'pretending'.

From my perspective, from 'birth' we are taught to do this 'pretending'. Acting if you prefer that word.

Mothers encourage their children to 'pretend'. Public Schools encourage this 'pretending'.

And just look at some of the highest paid people in this country: ACTORS. Men, women and children PRETENDING to be someone other than who they really are.

And if we boil it down to the basics, isn't that exactly who Satan is? A pretender? Pretending to 'be God'. Basically 'the God of this world'? The 'world' that the followers of the TRUE God have been warned 'not to be a part of'?

So if Satan is the ultimate 'pretender', wouldn't that be what he wants US to be? Just like him? And isn't that what he would encourage us to support: Pretending?

That would mean that in order to 'fit in' to this 'world', we would NEED to be 'pretenders'.

The 'darkness' cannot even comprehend the 'light'. Doesn't recognize what it is.

And isn't that the 'way' of this world? If someone tries to reveal or share the 'truth' they are turned into 'enemies' of this world.

Yet how many 'claiming' to be true followers are JUST as much a 'part of this world' as any other 'part of this world'? The ONLY difference being the CLAIM that they are 'true followers'.

But we are instructed that we 'can KNOW' the difference between one 'making claims' and 'true followers'. And one of those ways would be that the 'true followers' have separated themselves from 'this world'. It's DARKNESS. They do NOT conform to the 'pretending'.

How can we KNOW which we truly 'are'? Simply by accepting the 'truth'. If you are incapable of accepting the 'truth', then you are obviously in 'darkness'. Who that has chosen a path of deception would openly admit to the 'truth'. Who would BUILD around themselves a 'false image' and then 'admit it'?

This makes it obvious that we cannot trust the deceiver to admit his deception. Wouldn't BE deceiving people to start with if they were willing to deal with the TRUTH.

Just some 'food for thought' folks. For it is my belief that many are not only attempting to fool others into false beliefs, but even themselves. If you do not recognize the Devil, you have no means of defense against him. If the 'truth' offends you, you are indeed in 'darkness'.

Blessings,

MEC

Reactions: timewerx

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about "avoiding" the world.

John:
15 i]">[i]I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou keep them from evil.

16 They are not of the world, as I am not of the world.

We have to be in the world, just not of it. How can the world see Christ in us otherwise?

Our prayer is to be kept from the evil in it, as we show others Christ.

If we aren't being persecuted, we are not doing the will of the Father, IMO.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And just look at some of the highest paid people in this country: ACTORS. Men, women and children PRETENDING to be someone other than who they really are.

I thought you were going to say "Football Players."

• Haha
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know about "avoiding" the world.

John:
15 i]">[i]I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou keep them from evil.

16 They are not of the world, as I am not of the world.

We have to be in the world, just not of it. How can the world see Christ in us otherwise?

Our prayer is to be kept from the evil in it, as we show others Christ.

If we aren't being persecuted, we are not doing the will of the Father, IMO.

I think you failed to grasp my meaning or that of the Bible.

Those that are truly 'in Christ', are NOT a 'part of this world'. They are a part of something 'different'.

Yes, we ALL 'live' on this planet. But the world that is referred to as the one followers are to 'avoid' is that which exists in DARKNESS. The 'world ruled by Satan'. You know, principalities and powers in HIGH places that dominate this planet. The 'system', if you will.

Ever wonder about the injustice? The 'unfairness' of a system supposedly DESIGNED to eliminate such injustice? And trust me, it IS by 'design'.

While all mankind must live UPON this planet, all mankind does is NOT 'forced' to live in the 'world' that has been designed by Satan. All flesh is not 'forced' to learn to LOVE this world or the 'things in it'. But the ability to resist is becoming almost 'non existent'.

If one is 'brainwashed' from birth to BE a 'part of this world', it becomes almost impossible to recognize what that means when we read about it in the Bible. The IDEA of letting it ALL go is almost impossible to contemplate, much less accomplish. Who, in their 'right mind', would want to LIVE without ALL the comforts this world has to offer? Who would even contemplate such a 'thing'?

For most have been TAUGHT to love this world to the point that 'giving up' practically any part of it is UNTHINKABLE.

Even the 'churches' themselves TEACH the congregation to ACT like the 'rest of this world'. Putting 'gift shops' in the lobby and selling 'things' that have NO significant value so far as 'the Spirit' is concerned. And then TEACHING the congregation that it's OK because the proceeds of their sales go 'to the church'.

Football parties, singles nights, yoga classes, etc...............It would seem that the churches teach that ALL one NEEDS to DO is 'say': I love Jesus and they get a 'free pass' to live JUST LIKE everyone else 'in this world'.

Yet the Bible specifically WARNS us to separate ourselves from 'that world'. And at one time, the church DID.

But now days it seems that 'the churches' have found that this message has a tendency to 'turn people away'. For the 'people' don't WANT to be separated from 'this world'.

So instead of the 'churches' bending to the will of God, they bend to the will of the people instead. They offer what the PEOPLE want, not what God would have us practice.

I know, I know, my message doesn't make those that read it HAPPY does it? So, since my message doesn't PLEASE those that read it, it MUST be wrong. For to accept MY message would bring about guilt and confusion. No one wants THAT now do they? They don't want ANYTHING making them 'not FEEL GOOD'. Better to just water it down with, "Jesus loves you", and leave it at that.

And herein lies THE problem: So many have been brainwashed since birth that they can't even comprehend what 'this world IS'. They THINK they 'get it' but haven't the FIRST clue as to the TRUTH and meaning of 'this world'.

Just like Satan himself. Most haven't the FIRST CLUE as to the actual identity of the Devil. They have been brainwashed into believing he is some pointed tailed red figure with horns on his head.

When the truth is, if he has an appearance it would be the most beautiful creature ever created by God. He is SO SWEET that you 'gotta love him'. And he can make you FEEL better than anything else ever created. He can BE whatever you find pleasant and attractive.

Otherwise, how are we to presume he can convince THE WORLD to worship HIM 'as God'? Would you worship him if you recognized him? Of course not. Most 'believe' he IS God already. And we KNOW this is 'truth' for we can clearly SEE how many DIFFERENT 'Gods' exist in all the DIFFERENT 'churches'.

I was going to save this for later but I never know when I have time for the forum.

If someone is 'pretending' to be someone 'different' than who they TRULY 'are', how is it even remotely possible to have a TRUE meaningful relationship with the TRUE God? Do you honestly believe that a relationship built upon deception is a TRUE relationship.

But there IS 'a God' that doesn't MIND deception. He is the FATHER of lies and encourages us to lie to ourselves, each other and GOD.

But I find it difficult to fathom the 'true God' overlooking such deception and saying to Himself: "It's ok. I don't MIND men trying to deceive me into believing they are someone other than who they TRULY are".

So, how does someone pretend to be someone other than who they are TO THEMSELVES and everyone else yet put aside this charade and develop a TRUE relationship with God? If you are deceiving yourself you don't even KNOW who YOU truly is. So what can you present to God so far as YOURSELF is concerned?

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What criteria should I use to answer that?

The 'truth'.

Yet that may not be an 'easy' thing to accomplish. For many have been led to believe that whatever they have come to believe IS 'the truth'.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the biggest problem with this particular dilemma is 'understanding'.

It is my firm belief that few will ever actually understand what the Bible means when it refers to 'this world' we are to separate ourselves from.

For each of us is convinced that our 'passions' or 'lusts' don't 'count' when it comes to separation. Each of us finds the means to justify our OWN lusts while condemning those of others.

The 'Bank Robber' will openly express his disdain for 'child molesters'. The alcoholic will often condemn the 'drug addict', etc, etc, etc............

An outright indication that 'my lusts' aren't as BAD as 'your lusts'. Yet a 'lust is a lust'.

So 'understand' becomes very blurred to most that aren't able to actually SEE 'this world in which we live' from the proper perspective. While many THINK they understand it, few will ever even come CLOSE.

Blessings,

MEC

• Agree
Reactions: Phantasman
Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many actually 'understand' this:

Compared to those alive at the time of Christ, even those we consider POOR 'now days' are RICH in comparison, (I can only speak as one living in America). Even those in this country with NO 'income' can receive benefits that often rival or exceed that of many WORKING for a living.

With this in mind, the scriptures speaking of it being harder for a 'rich man' to enter the kingdom of heaven..........................take on a completely DIFFERENT reality than most have come to accept.

Which among you that owns an expensive watch would sell it and give the money to the poor? What if the Holy Spirit itself tried to influence you? Then I offer that is exactly what is happening this very moment. The Holy Spirit is TRYING to offer guidance. So what are you going to actually DO?

See what I'm saying. And I am not pointing fingers at OTHERS. I am including MYSELF in every word I ever offer. It's not JUST you, it's ALL of us. Myself included.

This isn't about 'condemnation'. It's about 'understanding'. Or lack of understanding. And your CHURCHES encourage you to remain 'blind'. So long as you give them what 'they' want and PRETEND to be a 'good person', they couldn't care less 'how you actually LIVE'.

And think about this: I only mentioned ONE of your 'watches'. Jesus commanded the 'rich young man' to go and sell EVERYTHING and give the money to the poor BEFORE coming back and following Him.................Think about it.

I know. I get it. But do YOU? I understand how hard my words are to contemplate. Even consider. For to do so is to throw out everything you have come to accept in order to 'change' according to the Bible. That's what I mean by 'understanding'.

We've ALL been brainwashed since birth to believe in a 'false' understanding. So much so that the 'truth' is almost IMPOSSIBLE to consider. For to accept the 'truth' is to accept that ALL you have come to believe is 'false understanding'. Even that TAUGHT to you by your 'churches'.

Ever considered that it's POSSIBLE that your own pastor doesn't actually BELIEVE in God or Christ? That they could have 'gone to school', to their degree and then simply went out and got a job as pastor and are merely teaching YOU what they have been TAUGHT to teach you? Of course you haven't. You have placed YOUR FAITH in your pastor and it will remain there until he gets CAUGHT lying, cheating, stealing, committing adultery, fornication, or any of a myriad of other SINS.

And THAT is why you don't here MY words uttered IN a 'church'. Heck, the 'churches' teach you that it's WRONG to judge. For if they taught you the 'truth', (we are to judge ALL things according to righteousness), you may judge THEM.

So, what is the 'answer'. I've offered plenty of 'doom and gloom'. What is the answer?

Read the Bible. All I'm trying to do is PREPARE you. Read the Bible. Once you start to actually understand it, you'll KNOW the answer yourself. But at least then you could stop trying to fool yourself and others.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think you failed to grasp my meaning or that of the Bible.

Those that are truly 'in Christ', are NOT a 'part of this world'. They are a part of something 'different'.

Yes, we ALL 'live' on this planet. But the world that is referred to as the one followers are to 'avoid' is that which exists in DARKNESS. The 'world ruled by Satan'. You know, principalities and powers in HIGH places that dominate this planet. The 'system', if you will.

Ever wonder about the injustice? The 'unfairness' of a system supposedly DESIGNED to eliminate such injustice? And trust me, it IS by 'design'.

While all mankind must live UPON this planet, all mankind does is NOT 'forced' to live in the 'world' that has been designed by Satan. All flesh is not 'forced' to learn to LOVE this world or the 'things in it'. But the ability to resist is becoming almost 'non existent'.

If one is 'brainwashed' from birth to BE a 'part of this world', it becomes almost impossible to recognize what that means when we read about it in the Bible. The IDEA of letting it ALL go is almost impossible to contemplate, much less accomplish. Who, in their 'right mind', would want to LIVE without ALL the comforts this world has to offer? Who would even contemplate such a 'thing'?

For most have been TAUGHT to love this world to the point that 'giving up' practically any part of it is UNTHINKABLE.

Even the 'churches' themselves TEACH the congregation to ACT like the 'rest of this world'. Putting 'gift shops' in the lobby and selling 'things' that have NO significant value so far as 'the Spirit' is concerned. And then TEACHING the congregation that it's OK because the proceeds of their sales go 'to the church'.

Football parties, singles nights, yoga classes, etc...............It would seem that the churches teach that ALL one NEEDS to DO is 'say': I love Jesus and they get a 'free pass' to live JUST LIKE everyone else 'in this world'.

Yet the Bible specifically WARNS us to separate ourselves from 'that world'. And at one time, the church DID.

But now days it seems that 'the churches' have found that this message has a tendency to 'turn people away'. For the 'people' don't WANT to be separated from 'this world'.

So instead of the 'churches' bending to the will of God, they bend to the will of the people instead. They offer what the PEOPLE want, not what God would have us practice.

I know, I know, my message doesn't make those that read it HAPPY does it? So, since my message doesn't PLEASE those that read it, it MUST be wrong. For to accept MY message would bring about guilt and confusion. No one wants THAT now do they? They don't want ANYTHING making them 'not FEEL GOOD'. Better to just water it down with, "Jesus loves you", and leave it at that.

And herein lies THE problem: So many have been brainwashed since birth that they can't even comprehend what 'this world IS'. They THINK they 'get it' but haven't the FIRST clue as to the TRUTH and meaning of 'this world'.

Just like Satan himself. Most haven't the FIRST CLUE as to the actual identity of the Devil. They have been brainwashed into believing he is some pointed tailed red figure with horns on his head.

When the truth is, if he has an appearance it would be the most beautiful creature ever created by God. He is SO SWEET that you 'gotta love him'. And he can make you FEEL better than anything else ever created. He can BE whatever you find pleasant and attractive.

Otherwise, how are we to presume he can convince THE WORLD to worship HIM 'as God'? Would you worship him if you recognized him? Of course not. Most 'believe' he IS God already. And we KNOW this is 'truth' for we can clearly SEE how many DIFFERENT 'Gods' exist in all the DIFFERENT 'churches'.

I was going to save this for later but I never know when I have time for the forum.

If someone is 'pretending' to be someone 'different' than who they TRULY 'are', how is it even remotely possible to have a TRUE meaningful relationship with the TRUE God? Do you honestly believe that a relationship built upon deception is a TRUE relationship.

But there IS 'a God' that doesn't MIND deception. He is the FATHER of lies and encourages us to lie to ourselves, each other and GOD.

But I find it difficult to fathom the 'true God' overlooking such deception and saying to Himself: "It's ok. I don't MIND men trying to deceive me into believing they are someone other than who they TRULY are".

So, how does someone pretend to be someone other than who they are TO THEMSELVES and everyone else yet put aside this charade and develop a TRUE relationship with God? If you are deceiving yourself you don't even KNOW who YOU truly is. So what can you present to God so far as YOURSELF is concerned?

Blessings,

MEC
I cannot disagree with the point(s) you make.

Does the church create a Christian, or does man become a Christian?

Philip describes it best:

If one goes down into the water and comes up without having received anything, and says "I am a Christian," he has borrowed the name at interest. But if he receives the Holy Spirit, he has the name as a gift. He who has received a gift does not have to give it back, but of him who has borrowed it at interest, payment is demanded. This is the way it happens to one when he experiences a mystery.- Gospel of Philip

Kind of goes in line with Matthew 7:22-23

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
How many actually 'understand' this:

Compared to those alive at the time of Christ, even those we consider POOR 'now days' are RICH in comparison, (I can only speak as one living in America). Even those in this country with NO 'income' can receive benefits that often rival or exceed that of many WORKING for a living.

With this in mind, the scriptures speaking of it being harder for a 'rich man' to enter the kingdom of heaven..........................take on a completely DIFFERENT reality than most have come to accept.

Which among you that owns an expensive watch would sell it and give the money to the poor? What if the Holy Spirit itself tried to influence you? Then I offer that is exactly what is happening this very moment. The Holy Spirit is TRYING to offer guidance. So what are you going to actually DO?

See what I'm saying. And I am not pointing fingers at OTHERS. I am including MYSELF in every word I ever offer. It's not JUST you, it's ALL of us. Myself included.

This isn't about 'condemnation'. It's about 'understanding'. Or lack of understanding. And your CHURCHES encourage you to remain 'blind'. So long as you give them what 'they' want and PRETEND to be a 'good person', they couldn't care less 'how you actually LIVE'.

And think about this: I only mentioned ONE of your 'watches'. Jesus commanded the 'rich young man' to go and sell EVERYTHING and give the money to the poor BEFORE coming back and following Him.................Think about it.

I know. I get it. But do YOU? I understand how hard my words are to contemplate. Even consider. For to do so is to throw out everything you have come to accept in order to 'change' according to the Bible. That's what I mean by 'understanding'.

We've ALL been brainwashed since birth to believe in a 'false' understanding. So much so that the 'truth' is almost IMPOSSIBLE to consider. For to accept the 'truth' is to accept that ALL you have come to believe is 'false understanding'. Even that TAUGHT to you by your 'churches'.

Ever considered that it's POSSIBLE that your own pastor doesn't actually BELIEVE in God or Christ? That they could have 'gone to school', to their degree and then simply went out and got a job as pastor and are merely teaching YOU what they have been TAUGHT to teach you? Of course you haven't. You have placed YOUR FAITH in your pastor and it will remain there until he gets CAUGHT lying, cheating, stealing, committing adultery, fornication, or any of a myriad of other SINS.

And THAT is why you don't here MY words uttered IN a 'church'. Heck, the 'churches' teach you that it's WRONG to judge. For if they taught you the 'truth', (we are to judge ALL things according to righteousness), you may judge THEM.

So, what is the 'answer'. I've offered plenty of 'doom and gloom'. What is the answer?

Read the Bible. All I'm trying to do is PREPARE you. Read the Bible. Once you start to actually understand it, you'll KNOW the answer yourself. But at least then you could stop trying to fool yourself and others.

Blessings,

MEC

I do not believe that understanding is just in the Bible. The Catholic ideology is expressed in the scriptures that make up the Bible. So we have "faith" in what they gave us. It's clear to me that Galatians is all about the "gospel" that tried to make it's way into Pauls teachings (church). The whole of Galatians is about NOT following the teachings of a gospel that included such things that promoted the "law", "circumcision" and "dietary" elements, which are flesh. He makes it renown the difference between flesh and spirit.

I see the Bible as Eden. The truth surrounded by the influence of spiritual ignorance. We are told to eat the ignorance to cloud the truth. The Gospel, like the Tree, is light within the darkness. Jesus said he was the light of the world. We are saved through him. Why waste time and resources on anyone or anything else?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet that may not be an 'easy' thing to accomplish. For many have been led to believe that whatever they have come to believe IS 'the truth'.

Just like your statement above?
Thanks for the example!

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just like your statement above?
Thanks for the example!

And this IS the problem. Each individual convinced that 'their truth' is 'The' truth.

Yet little of what I have offered can be denied by anyone with the capacity to actually understand it. One's inability to understand by no means invalidates true understanding.

You find 'no denial' in me. Yet to deny what I have offered can only be accomplished THROUGH denial.

One must be truthful to 'themselves' before they can be truthful to anyone else INCLUDING God.

It is no different with forgiveness. One that has never learned to forgive themselves can EVER forgive someone else. If you think differently, then you simply don't actually understand what forgiveness IS.

You have certainly made it clear that you rarely understand practically anything that I offer. It's not merely a matter of disagreement, your statements make it clear that you rarely even HEAR what I have offered. You think you do, but to such a limited capacity that I don't think you really understand.

But that is not a 'bad' thing. Most that read what I offer don't actually 'understand it'. Each of us is limited to what we are able to bear.

Here's the 'real deal'. To listen to and accept what I have to offer would require that one recognize that their entire life has been based upon LIES and DECEPTION. Who would choose THAT path?

And think about this: When Christ presented Himself to 'the world', how do you honestly think that 'the world' viewed Him?

Most people couldn't comprehend a single thing He offered. The religious order of the time were TERRIFIED of Him. And the Romans? He was just another 'nut job'. Even the few that did believe Him weren't willing to even admit that they knew Him after He was arrested.

Yet some believe that they are DIFFERENT than all those that surrounded Him in His LIFE. Yet those that profess to be followers wouldn't waste two minutes actually FOLLOWING Him. If Christ returned today, which among us would RECOGNIZE Him? Would He be treated any differently today than He was when He was here before?

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot disagree with the point(s) you make.

Does the church create a Christian, or does man become a Christian?

Philip describes it best:

If one goes down into the water and comes up without having received anything, and says "I am a Christian," he has borrowed the name at interest. But if he receives the Holy Spirit, he has the name as a gift. He who has received a gift does not have to give it back, but of him who has borrowed it at interest, payment is demanded. This is the way it happens to one when he experiences a mystery.- Gospel of Philip

Kind of goes in line with Matthew 7:22-23

Yet many 'churches' pretend to 'have THE secret'. All you NEED to DO is come back each week and bring some money and MAYBE, someday, they will reveal their 'secret'.

But the truth is that one cannot deliver what they do not possess to begin with. The best that they can DO is simply offer empty promises.

Salvation doesn't belong to the 'churches'. And it's not a 'one time deal' as many suggest. It is not a 'get out of jail free' card that you can 'save til later'.

Salvation is a lifelong commitment. Much easier LOST than obtained. It is a 'precious gift' that has been offered. But like any 'gift', it must be accepted and maintained in order to be possessed.

What happens if someone gives you a box of candy and you accept it. But you lay it down and walk away? At best, you no longer possess it. At worst, someone else will take it or bugs will eat it.

Can ANY 'gift' be any different? If the 'gift' has any value, it certainly has to be protected or it will become LOST or even STOLEN.

And trust me folks, I'm NOT the 'bad guy' here. Just a messenger. I'm not working out of 'darkness'. I'm warning AGAINST the darkness. I'm NOT pretending to be 'an angel of light'. I'm warning AGAINST the 'Pretender'.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yet many 'churches' pretend to 'have THE secret'. All you NEED to DO is come back each week and bring some money and MAYBE, someday, they will reveal their 'secret'.

But the truth is that one cannot deliver what they do not possess to begin with. The best that they can DO is simply offer empty promises.

Salvation doesn't belong to the 'churches'. And it's not a 'one time deal' as many suggest. It is not a 'get out of jail free' card that you can 'save til later'.

Salvation is a lifelong commitment. Much easier LOST than obtained. It is a 'precious gift' that has been offered. But like any 'gift', it must be accepted and maintained in order to be possessed.

What happens if someone gives you a box of candy and you accept it. But you lay it down and walk away? At best, you no longer possess it. At worst, someone else will take it or bugs will eat it.

Can ANY 'gift' be any different? If the 'gift' has any value, it certainly has to be protected or it will become LOST or even STOLEN.

And trust me folks, I'm NOT the 'bad guy' here. Just a messenger. I'm not working out of 'darkness'. I'm warning AGAINST the darkness. I'm NOT pretending to be 'an angel of light'. I'm warning AGAINST the 'Pretender'.

Blessings,

MEC

Ah. Pretender. Good word.

The big split in early Christianity was the teachings of two Gods vs one.

Gnosis taught of two. Catholic orthodoxy taught of one. One is the true God (Father) the other is the one who misled the Jews. Orthodoxy follows the Bible. Gnosis teaches to follow the Gospel.

Paul spoke many times of the "hidden" knowledge. And the "mystery" of the Gospel.

Romans:
To him now that is of power to establish you according to my Gospel, and preaching of Jesus Christ, by the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began:

1 Corinthians:
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hid wisdom, which God had determined before the world, unto our glory.

Ephesians:
8 a]">[a]b]">[b]Whereby he hath been abundant toward us in c]">[c]all wisdom and understanding,
9 And hath opened unto us the d]">[d]mystery of his will e]">[e]according to his good pleasure, which he hath purposed in him,
10 f]">[f]That in the dispensation of the fullness of the times, he might g]">[g]gather together in one all things, both which are in heaven, and which are in earth, even in Christ:

Ephesians:
2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God, which is given me to youward,
3 That is, that God by revelation hath showed this mystery unto me (as I wrote above in few words,
4 Whereby when ye read, ye may know mine understanding in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians:
And to make clear unto all men what the fellowship of the mystery is, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who hath created all things by Jesus Christ,

Colossians:
Which is the mystery hid since the world began, and from all ages, but now is made manifest to his Saints,

Colossians:
That their hearts might be comforted, and they knit together in love, and in all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to know the mystery of God, even the Father, and of Christ:

And even Christ said:
Mark:
And he said unto them, To you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all things be done in parables,

We know through Paul that this mystery was not available before the resurrection. It was available to the saints (believers in Christ) through the Spirit. Paul was not taught by men, but the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians:
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the holy Ghost teacheth, comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.

Paul says the Hebrew scriptures didn't know:
Ephesians:
Which in other ages was not opened unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy Apostles and Prophets by the Spirit,

So what is this mystery? Have we found it? The Jews never had it. I believe the presbyters that had the Spirit wrote of what was revealed to them by the Spirit. Paul taught by Spirit and taught many that wrote the books of gnosis. These books glorify the Gospels and Pauls teachings, but refutes the Hebrew ideology of the teachings of flesh.

The orthodox teachings led to eliminate gnosis through killing flesh and burning books. Those who followed gnosis neither killed nor burned books. Marcion merely created the first Canon by trimming out Hebrew influence in Luke and Pauls 10 letters. This way we saw only the spiritual Gospel message.

It's up to each person to seek "spiritual" understanding. The Father is Spirit. But flesh (men) are no longer going to dictate where, when and how the Spirit speaks to me. My faith is in knowledge of the Spirit by the Spirit. I only trust it. And it promises:

Matthew:
9 For what man is there among you, which if his son ask him bread, would give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, which are evil, can give to your children good gifts, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven, give good things to them that ask him?

There are religions (of men) and there is a spiritual path (not of men). One resides in a completed thought, one is on going forever, respectively.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been accused of being 'Gnostic' in the past. When First labeled in such a manner I had no idea what it meant.

I question if a person can really 'be' something that they have never heard of.

I have also been accused of being MORE Catholic than many following this 'religion'.

I don't accept either label.

But I do believe that there is 'a' truth. Not 'my' truth. But THE truth.

And I also believe that everything that exists is either of 'darkness' or 'light'.

I am a 'part of both'. I have 'seen' the light yet that part of me that is flesh still dwells in darkness.

The funny part is that most I encounter do everything within their power to deny what couldn't be more obvious. And when confronted with the truth, well, they just 'don't really want to talk about it'.

God is REAL. God's Son is REAL. Satan is REAL. These three truths are MORE 'real' than the illusion that we have been fed. The illusion we have 'bought in to'. And the illusion is that God, His Son and Satan are mere illusions. That this world is REAL. When in fact, it is nothing more than an illusion placed before us to 'hide the truth'.

When I first began to recognize 'the truth', I shunned the miracles of the Bible. Those parts that made me uncomfortable I simply placed no credence in. I basically ignored those parts of the Bible that I couldn't deal with.

But there came a time when I reached a place that demanded that I either accept the WHOLE story of none of it. It was then that I actually started to SEE for the first time in my life.

And what I began to see is that 'the world' was 'in the way'. The REASON that much of the Bible was just too difficult to accept was what the WORLD had taught me. And the reason is that the world doesn't want us to KNOW the 'truth'.

So it brainwashes us into the 'illusion'. It convinces us that we MUST be a 'part' of IT instead of the TRUTH. And seven billion people can't be wrong, right?

Yet it would seem that the power of the flesh IS strong enough to blind billions. For it will do whatever it deems necessary to appease itself. Any and everything except 'sacrifice itself'.

I speak in generalities. Yes, there are exceptions to every rule. But it seems as time passes that there are fewer and fewer possibilities. The potential is there but the hosts are unwilling. So much 'easier to pretend'.

I have a question: if the 'churches' are truly following Christ, why are they NOT being persecuted AS CHRIST?

For it is apparent that the 'world' accepts the 'churches' today more than ever in the history of mankind.

But if there are MORE "Christians" today than ever in the past, why is there not MORE persecution of Christ's followers than ever before?

And please, don't try that: 'Well, the Muslims are cutting heads off of Christians in THAT part of the world.

That's JUST hatred. That's NOT persecution of 'Christians' for the sake of Christ. Heck, the Muslims BELIEVE that Jesus will one day be the King of this world.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0