Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people after reading this verse :

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the FIRST RESURRECTION.

Take a conclusion that the first resurrection will happen after the Tribulation, where the souls that were beheaded in the Tribulation will be resurrected.

Many have been misleaded by the ENGLISH TRANSLATION of Rev 20 5

Lets analyse the word :
English : This is the first ressurection
Greek : haute he anastasis he PROTE
haute he = this is
prote = the first
anastasis = resurrection (NOUN)

The word PROTE (first) is also used in : 1Thes 4 16 to show resurrection be4 Rapture
English : the dead in Christ will rise first
Greek : hoi nekroi en Christo anastesontai proton
hoi nekro = the dead
en Christo= in Christ
anastesontai = rise (verb)
proton = first

We can see the word FIRST RESURRECTION at Rev 20:5 has mislead people to think its the same resurrection in 1 Thes 4:16
but Rev 20:5 is the resurrection of the leftbehinds beheaded by the beast.
While 1 Thes 4:16 is the resurrection of early century church followed with the Rapture.

Just forget the english translation n refer to the Greek n u shall not b misleaded anymore. There are about 50 versions of Translation from Greek - English Bible.
What are the different English Bible versions?

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

There will be 3 Resurrection :
1st = 1 Thes 4:16 Resurrection of early century church + Rapture be4 Great Tribulation
2nd = Rev 20:6 the saints beheaded by the beast in Tribulation (foolish virgins leftbehind)
3rd = Rev 20:12 all the dead resurrected for Judgment of the Great White Throne

Last edited:

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the FIRST RESURRECTION.

Take a conclusion that the first resurrection will happen after the Tribulation, where the souls that were beheaded in the Tribulation will be resurrected.

Lets analyse the word :
haute he = this is
prote = the first

The word PROTE (first) is also used in : 1Thes 4 16 to show resurrection be4 Rapture
hoi nekro = the dead
en Christo= in Christ
proton = first

We can see the word FIRST RESURRECTION at Rev 20:5 has mislead people to think its the first resurrection, but the first resurrection is in 1 Thes 4:16 while Rev 20:5 is the resurrection of the beheaded leftbehinds.

Just forget the english translation n refer to the Greek n u shall not b misleaded anymore.

Nope. Same first resurrection in both passages in any language.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

First resurrection and rise first have the same exact meaning are in fact the same exact group of people who resurrection from the dead at the second coming.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First resurrection and rise first have the same exact meaning are in fact the same exact group of people who resurrection from the dead at the second coming.

Rev 20:6 is the resurrection of those beheaded in the tribulation because they had not worshipped the beast. And this happens after Jesus and His army (raptured saints) return to battle at Armageddon.

Rev 20: 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded....

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Same first resurrection in both passages in any language.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

No, the word first has completely different implications in Revelation 20 and 1Thessalonians4.

Rise first in 1thessalonians4 means "before" them who are alive are changed in the Rapture.

In Revelation 20, it is talking about the first of two resurrections relevant to the 1000 years.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rev 20:6 is the resurrection of those beheaded in the tribulation because they had not worshipped the beast. And this happens after Jesus and His army (raptured saints) return to battle at Armageddon.

Rev 20: 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded....

They are still part of the same first to rise from the dead mentioned by Paul.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, the word first has completely different implications in Revelation 20 and 1Thessalonians4.

Rise first in 1thessalonians4 means "before" them who are alive are changed in the Rapture.

In Revelation 20, it is talking about the first of two resurrections relevant to the 1000 years.

The word first has no different implications. Both rise from the dead at the same time, at the second coming.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can see the word FIRST RESURRECTION at Rev 20:5 has mislead people to think its the first resurrection, but the first resurrection is in 1 Thes 4:16 while Rev 20:5 is the resurrection of the beheaded leftbehinds.

No.

Joh 5:24  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. (This is the first resurrection found in John chapter 5. It is the spiritual resurrection of being passed from death to life, upon faith in Christ.)

Joh 5:25  Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 
Joh 5:26  For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 
Joh 5:27  and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 
Joh 5:28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 
Joh 5:29
  and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 
(This is the second resurrection in John chapter 5. The text says "all" the dead.)

Joh 5:30  I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

John also recorded the Book of Revelation.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No.
Joh 5:24  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. (This is the first resurrection found in John chapter 5. It is the spiritual resurrection of being passed from death to life, upon faith in Christ.)

Joh 5:25  Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 
Joh 5:26  For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 
Joh 5:27  and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 
Joh 5:28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 
Joh 5:29
  and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 
(This is the second resurrection in John chapter 5.)

Joh 5:30  I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

John also recorded the Book of Revelation.

The obvious problem with this is those who were beheaded in Rev 20 were already Christians and spiritually reborn before they ever died so they resurrection they experience after death is not the spiritual conversion to Christ you claim it is. They are being physically raised back to life, the first group of two groups that will bodily rise in Rev 20. The first group are Christians, the second group are the lost who are unsaved.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The obvious problem with this is those who were beheaded in Rev 20 were already Christians
They are the leftbehind/foolish virgins

1st = 1 Thes 4:16 Resurrection + Rapture be4 Great Tribulation
2nd = Rev 20:6 the saints beheaded by the beast in Tribulation (foolish virgins leftbehind)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the first resurrection found in John chapter 5. It is the spiritual resurrection of being passed from death to life, upon faith in Christ.)

The 1st resurrection is the same time as the Rapture,

1st = 1 Thes 4:16 Rapture and Great Tribulation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They are the leftbehind/foolish virgins

1st = 1 Thes 4:16 Resurrection + Rapture be4 Great Tribulation

That doesn't address the contradiction.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The word first has no different implications. Both rise from the dead at the same time, at the second coming.
What? really, ewq? It is not saying "first resurrection" in 1thessalonains4:16-17.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Lets analyse the word :
haute he = this is
prote = the first

hoi nekro = the dead
en Christo= in Christ
proton = first

Just forget the english translation n refer to the Greek n u shall not b misleaded anymore.

1st = 1 Thes 4:16 Resurrection of early century church + Rapture be4 Great Tribulation

Think of it like this brother.

The First Resurrection is of THOSE IN CHRIST.

The Second Resurrection is a 1000 years later of THOSE WHO ARE OF SATAN !!

Too many people get hung up on minutia. There is no time with God in reality. The First Resurrection is all who are in Christ, (Dead who are raised with the Church at the Rapture, and the Martyrs from the Tribulation) the Judgment seats are set up to judge those who were beheaded during the Tribulation, the Church and dead in Christ have already been Raptured and judged Seven Years earlier. The Beheaded of the Tribulation will rule with Christ for a 1000 years on earth. We also know that the Anti-Christ/Beast (a Man) and the False Prophet (a Man) will be judged at this time also, and cast into hell.

Then 1000 years later, all those who are of SATAN/EVIL will be raised and Judged, along with Satan and all his Demons. This is the Second Resurrection.

1st = Resurrection of Gods People.

2nd = Resurrection of ungodly people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The First Resurrection is all who are in Christ, (Dead who are raised with the Church at the Rapture, and the Martyrs from the Tribulation)

the martyrs from tribulation will not receive the Feast of the Lamb which will happen be4 Jesus and His army (raptured saints) go to Armageddon war.

Look, this verse is the supper of the Lamb be4 the resurrection of the beheaded leftbehind.
Rev 19:9 Then he said to me, "Write, 'Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.'" And he said to me, "These are true words of God."

And after the supper Jesus goes to Armageddon with His army (raptured saints):
14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What? really, ewq? It is not saying "first resurrection" in 1thessalonains4:16-17.

I'm glad you catch exactly what i mean.
That word "first resurrection" has made people think that 1 Thes 4:16 happen at the same time with Rev 20:5 but it isnt.

Because there will be 3 Resurrection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Matthew Twentyfour

Take up your cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Joh 5:29  and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 
(This is the second resurrection in John chapter 5. The text says "all" the dead.)

If those are the 1st and 2nd resurrection, than what's the rapture, the 3rd resurrection?

And is Revelation 20:4 the 4th resurrection?

And Revelation 20:13 the 5th resurrection?

Is this how you interpret scripture? Are you not aware there are still 3 more resurrections ahead?

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If those are the 1st and 2nd resurrection, than what's the rapture, the 3rd resurrection?

And is Revelation 20:4 the 4th resurrection?

And Revelation 20:13 the 5th resurrection?

Is this how you interpret scripture? Are you not aware there are still 3 more resurrections ahead?

Very good question !

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The obvious problem with this is those who were beheaded in Rev 20 were already Christians and spiritually reborn before they ever died so they resurrection they experience after death is not the spiritual conversion to Christ you claim it is. They are being physically raised back to life, the first group of two groups that will bodily rise in Rev 20. The first group are Christians, the second group are the lost who are unsaved.

Below we find the bodily resurrection of "all" the dead, bracketed by verses making it clear that Christ is the judge. Therefore, there is only one judgment of all the dead that is described in many different passages of scripture, if Christ really meant "all" when He said it.

Joh 5:29  and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

The time of the event is found in Revelation chapter 11, about the time of the 7th trumpet.

Rev 11:18  The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

Php_4:3  And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.
(The names of Christians are in the Book of Life.)

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 

Rev 20:12  And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 

Rev 20:13  The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 

Rev 20:14  Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 

Rev 20:15  And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. 

The same bodily resurrection and judgment event described in John 5:27-30, is found in Revelation 11:18 and the end of Revelation chapter 20.

Therefore, the resurrection at the beginning of Revelation chapter 20 must be describing the spiritual resurrection found in John 5:24.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
the martyrs from tribulation will not receive the Feast of the Lamb which will happen be4 Jesus and His army (raptured saints) go to Armageddon war.

Look, this verse is the supper of the Lamb be4 the resurrection of the beheaded leftbehind.
Rev 19:9 Then he said to me, "Write, 'Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.'" And he said to me, "These are true words of God."

And after the supper Jesus goes to Armageddon with His army (raptured saints):
14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

In my opinion that still has no bearing on the First Resurrection being those of God being raised in order to be Judged.

Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. {This is the First Resurrection should go here.}

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (This was speaking about the Second Resurrection, as and addendum so to speak, then the rest of this verse should be with Verse 4.) This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Like I said, in my opinion the First Resurrection is all who are raised from the Dead in Christ Jesus. The timing matters not. A thousand years later, the Second Resurrection is about those who are Dead, but not in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus,

Please explain are this armies :
Rev 19 14
And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.
Are the same with the resurrected souls of the leftbehinds who were beheaded as they refuse to worship the beast.

Who are this Armies following Christ to Armageddon, where did they come from.

Upvote 0