Dec 27, 2009
✟654,372.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Lest we forget, looking deeper we have a loving inclination that leads us to do more in the way of good actions and deeds than the hurtful ones. Acid does not flow through our veins.

Blood flows through our veins pumped by the pumpstation
on the left side of the heart,
That is the animal soul,
the Godly soul resides in the right side,

When the Godly soul is awakened and starts to reach out to it,s source, the animal soul goes on the offensive,
there will be a conflict.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟758,223.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Blood flows through our veins pumped by the pumpstation
on the left side of the heart,
That is the animal soul,
the Godly soul resides in the right side,

When the Godly soul is awakened and starts to reach out to it,s source, the animal soul goes on the offensive,
there will be a conflict.
I have a different understanding that goes like this. All souls are an activity of God. And being an activity of God, all souls are love, light, joyful, happy and full of the creative energy of God. And when we live from our soul, we also are love, light, joyful, happy and full of creative energy. It's when our ego mind kicks in and takes over that we lose sight of all those good things that our soul brings to the table.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟654,372.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I have a different understanding that goes like this. All souls are an activity of God. And being an activity of God, all souls are love, light, joyful, happy and full of the creative energy of God. And when we live from our soul, we also are love, light, joyful, happy and full of creative energy. It's when our ego mind kicks in and takes over that we lose sight of all those good things that our soul brings to the table.

The Chassidic Masters speak of two distinct souls that vitalize the human being:
A "animal soul" and a "G-dly soul".

The animal soul is driven by the quest for self-preservation
and self enhancement;
in this, it resembles the soul and self of all other Creations.

But,
we also possess a "G-dly soul"-a soul driven by the desire to reconnect with its source.

Our lives are the story of the contest and interplay between these two souls.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Chassidic Masters speak of two distinct souls that vitalize the human being:
A "animal soul" and a "G-dly soul".

The animal soul is driven by the quest for self-preservation
and self enhancement;
in this, it resembles the soul and self of all other Creations.

But,
we also possess a "G-dly soul"-a soul driven by the desire to reconnect with its source.

Our lives are the story of the contest and interplay between these two souls.
IMO, humans should strive to be more like animals. My cat is content with a modest bowl of water and dry kibble every day. How many humans would be happy eating that way?

The problem with humans is not our "animal soul". There is something about human brains that want more, more, more. That's probably where the problem lies, and we should not blame that on our kinship with animals. IMO

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟654,372.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
IMO, humans should strive to be more like animals. My cat is content with a modest bowl of water and dry kibble every day. How many humans would be happy eating that way?

The problem with humans is not our "animal soul". There is something about human brains that want more, more, more. That's probably where the problem lies, and we should not blame that on our kinship with animals. IMO

Your cat does not like to play with mice?
Catch and torment

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Your cat does not like to play with mice?
Catch and torment
No the mice are his playmates. The death of the mouse is unintentional. In fact my cat seems to be very sad when it happens.

Compare that to human serial killers.

It's really odd that "animalistic" is used so negatively in most languages. It should be "humanistic" that is negative IMO.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟654,372.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
No the mice are his playmates. The death of the mouse is unintentional. In fact my cat seems to be very sad when it happens.

Compare that to human serial killers.

It's really odd that "animalistic" is used so negatively in most languages. It should be "humanistic" that is negative IMO.

Agree,
animals do what they do because,
that,s what animals do.

Man should not try to copy animals,

"Be not like a horse,
like a mule,
senseless,
that must muzzled with a bit and bridle when being adorned,
so that it not come near you."
(Psalms)

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Better that the wind just doesn't effect them. That's probably how I should have phrased it. :)

i would make sure that that is actually your goal, and not a goal pushed onto you by others. altruism, while noble, is not always a person's true path. if it turns out to be your goal, then you will need little advice from others as the path will be clear...if it's your true goal.

The path to loving God is perhaps somewhat less difficult to determine but loving one's neighbor is not so clear as all that. Two people with that exact goal may decide upon two contradictory ways of achieving it and it is not ever certain which one is correct or even if either is correct. Asking the neighbor in question may often turn out to have been a bad idea.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟758,223.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Agree,
animals do what they do because,
that,s what animals do.

Man should not try to copy animals,
I learn a lot from nature which includes animals. I've found that this Creation is the ONLY sacred manuscript directly written by the hand of God. Animals are an activity of God. So I pay attention and learn from what God has Created. Sometimes even copying animals in the things they do.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟654,372.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I learn a lot from nature which includes animals. I've found that this Creation is the ONLY sacred manuscript directly written by the hand of God. Animals are an activity of God. So I pay attention and learn from what God has Created. Sometimes even copying animals in the things they do.

I saw a moose this evening munching away in a field,
and a hare that narrowly escaped being crushed by the buss I was on.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟758,223.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I saw a moose this evening munching away in a field,
and a hare that narrowly escaped being crushed by the buss I was on.
A moose...how cool is that?!? I've never seen a moose in the wild.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟654,372.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
A moose...how cool is that?!? I've never seen a moose in the wild.

Not so far from a shopping centre no less,
I like nature too,

But it can be disturbing, like once I heard a screaming from outside, went to look and there were some magpies pecking at a baby hare.

But nature and the animal World are often used in parables,

we have nature all around us, so it is easy to relate to.

• Prayers
Upvote 0