Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, what a difference a few hours makes. I go away to the doctor's office, come back, and find the entire Interfaith Discussion forum locked down. :D And I suspect it's probably because some of our separated brethren got themselves backed into a theological corner and started whining about their widdle feewings getting hurted.

That's too bad. Now they know what's it's like on the other side of the fence. You know what they say about heat in the kitchen.

And now that I've shot my mouth off and got into good deep trouble, I shall disappear. Perhaps I might even return, who knows? :(

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
::KC pokes head in...

Ya'll still love me don't ya? I'm just trying to help and believe me - you know my feelings on this subject - if you know ME - you know how I feel.

Say...we have any "Dilly Bars" in here? I've got an "ice cream jones"! I love you guys - hang in there with me.

Upvote 0

Avila

Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
::peeks head sheepishy out from under towel::

I hear ya Wols. Little old non-confrontational me went bonkers there for a bit. I'm still steaming, and me & the boy went on a walk to the mailbox & back (stopping to say "gook!" at a rock, even). I'm definitely going to have to pray about this a lot...

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I gotta admit, I agree with patriarch 100% when he said that the RPV was the perfect antidote to Boettner's Fables. The perfect antidote. We have put up with Mssr. Boettner's lies on a constant basis for years; and the refrain is always, "Well, why don't you just refute him if he's wrong?"

Then, patriarch posts the RPV, and the screams are heard unto the highest heaven.

You know what I say? "Well, why don't you just refute them if they're wrong?" (blinking innocently)

Sorry; I just thought that needed to be said. Now I'll shut up.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
KC, I love you dearly, and wouldn't be in your shoes for all the tea in China or coffee in Columbia. (or anything else from Colombia, LOL) You've been great.

I don't have a hard enough exoskeleton, guys. I had two people accuse me of personally attacking them and their beliefs, and now I'm sifting through SIXTY-TWO pages of posts of mine, to see where I might have been misinterpreted.

I weigh all of my words with a Mettler balance. I do have to consider the sources, and I think one of my accusers is a pro-baiter. The other one, well... It still HURTS though!

The headache pill should kick in soon...

You can have the Dilly Bars, KC...I'm hogging the frozen nanners!

~VOW

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,398.00
Faith
Atheist
Originally posted by KC Catholic
Tinker...who is that in your avitar? Is that Abe Lincoln?
That is Alvin Plantinga. This is not my webpage but it may give you some idea.

http://www.homestead.com/philofreligion/Plantingapage.html

In short, he is a philosophy professor at Notre Dame. http://www.id.ucsb.edu/fscf/library/plantinga/home.html

He is from the reformed tradition. I forget from what link I got the picture. It is obviously more contemporary than the second website.

I read his God, Freedom, and Evil (1974) which addresses the classic problem of whether belief in an omnipotent, benevolent God is consistent with the existence of evil. (Love the irony!)

It is a good primer on logic just by virtue of reading it. I am discovering however that it is the most accessible of his books. IOW, I've started on another and it is probably meant to be a gradulate level text book.

Anyway, since I enjoyed his book and I liked his serious stare at the camera and I thought it fit well with my screen name, I made the pic my avatar.

Tinker

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was in the "Conference Room" and noticed the staff is looking for new moderators - and they are in special need of Catholic Mods.

I encourage everyone here to pray and consider applying for a position.

Before you roll your eyes and sigh, here me out:

1. You do not have to be a professional apologist.
2. You should be a "people person."
3. Its a great way to "moderate" our emotional connection to the items being discussed.
4. You do not have to be a professional apologist.
5. Requires at least 30 minutes a day work, when possible.

6. It is rewarding and challenging.
7. It is rewarding and challenging.

Give it some thought cause each one of you could do the job effectively (after a break-in period ;).

Let me know if you have questions.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't need a break-in period, I'm already broken. Bleeding and broken. I can hear Greenie screeching already, if I were made a Mod. Turning down my hearing aids wouldn't help...I'd have to take them OUT completely.

I may LOOK like a pachyderm, but my hide is tender.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
::: tiptoeing into Freezer :::

::: quietly closing door :::

::: checking door latch to make sure it's secure :::

::: walking to middle of Freezer ::::

AARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

::: throwing boxes of hash browns against the wall :::

::: pounding frozen steaks into hamburger :::

::: pounding frozen hamburger into gravy :::

::: standing up straight :::

::: dusting off hands, tidying clothes :::

::: unlatching door, walking out, dripping a trail of blood from gashed knuckles :::

Peace and #)$*#$)&#&#
~VOW

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.